Sonofskyrim1

Lets just lose everything... >:(

After playing a good 7-8 hours on my character (spread between 2 weekends) I started to lag and couldn't pick anything up, Okay cool what ever no bug deal, "Ill just switch servers" switch servers and they spawn me in a random place and i lose all my stuff. all my weapons and ammo. now im extremely pissed it was literally the largest disappointment ever, I feel like i spent so much time for nothing. 

Don't loot anything on the server where you're on the coast.

Log out and find a new server, it's just a de-sync between you, the hive, and that server.

As soon as you loot something it will reset your old character. Just find a new server.

Don't loot anything on the server where you're on the coast.

Log out and find a new server, it's just a de-sync between you, the hive, and that server.

As soon as you loot something it will reset your old character. Just find a new server.

I found that it is better even to not move at all if you find yourself on the coast after connecting, just disconnect immediatly and connect to a different server.

Had this happening to a friend and me in the same moment, he did move before he reconnected, i did not, he was reset even on the next server, i wasn't.

Also never ever ever join a completely empty server, i got them resetting me quite some times now and i mean real reset. The reason they are empty might just be them resetting you upon joining, which wouldn't realy motivate anyone to stay on them.

Also never get attached to your gear, you can loose it anytime in this stage of the alpha, for no logic or foreseeable reasons, actually i lost track of how offten i allready lost all my stuff now by everything else but dying. But its not that big of a deal, you can get to the north west airport in 30-40 minutes, depending where you spawn. Just raise your fists and run like forrest gump. ^^

Edited by SprStnd
  • Like 1

There's more to dayz than just gear.

like what

• Like 1

like what

Brief walks on the beach and beautiful vistas, which can be enjoyed for nearly half a minute at a time (before the snipers get their range dialed in). There are cults who run around pantsless hatcheting each other and everyone else they see, 9 year old sadists who will giggle uncontrollably as they force feed you poisonous substances, and the occasional wild eyed psycho who might hold you hostage (with a burlap sack over your head) just long enough for someone else to witness your death. I mean, all kind of basic FPS stuff. 

Brief walks on the beach and beautiful vistas, which can be enjoyed for nearly half a minute at a time (before the snipers get their range dialed in) 

That would be me. 

lel I have 40 hours in and I lost my things, its all good, stuff will be reset to implement changes, just go back and gather again, ive lost my items at least a handful of times by now