Dorner

Mosin is single load now

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

1 shot 1 kill  especially when it has 5 bullets is stupid.

Thats pretty idiotic.

The guns should have the same properties that they have in real life and thus they become balanced.

Mosin should be unweildy with its huge almost 6 feet tall length.

It should be about 2 moa so not the most accurate gun in the world.

It should have a slower fire rate to simulate the guns sticky crappy bolt action.

However making it load one round at a time is idiotic.

Makes me really wonder what the future of dayz will be, will they follow in the footsteps of the mod and Arma 2 and stick with realism or will they go flatout arcade and if they go arcade there are better games out there .

• Like 1

If a Mosin can realistically chamber 5 bullets, then here it should be able to.

Bug perhaps.

\

Appears to be a bug, apparently if you spray paint the Mosin it glitches and only allows you to chamber.

• Like 1

"OP" "Nerf" "Balance".... Why the hell are you people using these words in this game?! If you want artificial balance go play CoD or BF. The best balance in this type of game is realism.

I agree, the best balance in this type of game is realism. It's too bad the lead developer has lost sight of that.

I agree, the best balance in this type of game is realism. It's too bad the lead developer has lost sight of that.

lol.. cool name bra

Active players???

I have no idea if Rust is more popular or not, but a good indicator is the active players.

The numbers i posted is not active players. But sold copies of the game.

The numbers of active players have not been released for either games.

But i took a quick check of the server list, thinks like number of servers and the players that are online on them. 

And i would say that DayZ have somewhere between 4-6 times more people online then Rush have.

This is not to start a DayZ vs Rust war, i really like Rust, though is seems to also suffer the KoS crap. 

• Like 1

Could be that they are now implementing the need to load every round into mags and weapons without the use of stripper clips and its just broken. Only being about to hold one round in the Mosin would just be ridiculous, it makes no sense and goes against everything else they've been doing. That's why I think its just a broken feature ATM.

The idea that you have to load every round into a mag and weapon without a stripper clip is pretty neat though. Anyone loaded a bunch of AR mags without a mag loader? Now add your sidearm onto that which generally doesn't HAVE mag loaders! Sore thumbs. ;D

If a Mosin can realistically chamber 5 bullets, then here it should be able to.

Bug perhaps.

That's a big chamber! Just kidding. :P

Edited by Hells High

Bummed that the Mosin has become even more unwieldy. I could live with a single shot with a long animation but I hate going into my inventory just to reload the weapon. 

Where is the numbers to support that ? 

Nowhere.

Admit it, this is something you just made up, or Rust is more popular among your friends.

Rust have sold ~250k copies, and DayZ have sold ~1 million copies.

Rust overtook DayZ as the number 1 game on Steam yesterday (or longer I only noticed yesterday) but that does not mean they have sold more overall. Both games are enjoyable and different so there is no reason to really hate on either one as a fan of one over the other. This is not WarZ and a shameless ripoff and it is nice to see two games like DayZ and Rust rule the Steam charts over the past month. If anything it is a win for the little guy if either is listed as the top seller. 

Edited by Zombie Jesus

There are absolute realities and relativistic realities. Mosin standard capacity is absolute. How far you can sprint at what speeds, etc, something that is not in your face, is relativistic.

This is true, which is why I am unsure if it's an intentional change or not, nor do I think it's the right change for the Mosin 9130. I personally think it would be fine if its damage was reduced.

"OP" "Nerf" "Balance".... Why the hell are you people using these words in this game?! If you want artificial balance go play CoD or BF. The best balance in this type of game is realism.

These terms are definitely exclusive to the Call of Duty/Battlefield communities. Yep, definitely not widely-accepted terms used by video game communities of all different spectrums. Nope, not at all.

Edited by Areos

All this talk of "nerfing" and "buffing" disgusts me. You got shot, deal with it. Don't scream "nerf". You can put 5 rounds in a Mosin whether you have a stripper clip or not. You couldn't even use stripper clips with the scopes in the way.

• Like 4

Yeah, I don't think this is a nerf, it's a bug. The Mosin doesn't need to be nerfed. It holds 5 rounds in real life; that's how it should be in the game. It is a deadly, high powered weapon; that's how it should be in the game. If anything they just need wind and scope adjustment mechanics to make sniping more realistic, like A.C.E. That's all. I've seen plenty of people with Mosins get killed by m4's. It really isn't that over-powered.

The guns should be realistically modeled for DayZ, this is not a competitive PvP game like CoD, Counter Strike or Battlefield, it is an open world survival simulator, there is no such thing as OP weapons, unless they are more powerful, more accurate, or shoot faster then they should in real life, relatively, to other weapons.

Not to mention once the game has most of the weapons in game, with separate weapon, magazine, ammo spawns, you might not find your "ideal weapon" straight away, and even if you do, you then still have to find all the other parts that come with it, including the ammo, which means a lot of players will simply get the first thing they can find that they have ammo for.

What about if you're by yourself, and come across a large group all carrying guns, where is your balance now? Normally in a standard PvP game, if it isn't deathmatch, teams will be balanced, so you usually have roughly the same number of people on each side.

DayZ you are usually mismatched, one way or the other, you are either in a larger group compared to nearby players, or in a smaller group(including solo), or there is multiple, separate groups, on top of that, you are not obligated to fight everyone you see, sometimes the better option is to back out and vacate the area.

Throw your notion of balance out the window, it doesn't belong in a non-competitive PvP environment.

Yeah, I don't think this is a nerf, it's a bug. The Mosin doesn't need to be nerfed. It holds 5 rounds in real life; that's how it should be in the game. It is a deadly, high powered weapon; that's how it should be in the game. If anything they just need wind and scope adjustment mechanics to make sniping more realistic, like A.C.E. That's all. I've seen plenty of people with Mosins get killed by m4's. It really isn't that over-powered.

I would be ok with more realistic sniping, I enjoy sniping, and if it is made a little more challenging, people might start complaining less about snipers, every game I have played, with exception of TF2, people always bitch about snipers.

The only other thing I could see, is scope glint, very subtle effect only visible during the day, or at night if a torch is shining directly at and close enough to the scope, definitely nothing like BF4 massive flare across the map if a sniper is so much as pointed within 30 degrees of you.

Edited by Atomizer

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

If you spawned freshly, then you should not head to balota or to electro man  :facepalm:  you should go to cities or places where the camping would be more less... but if youre lookin for action and quick kill then you can go to balota or electro, but then be prepared to die and dont whine.

Secondly, Mosin is not OP at all.. did you ever shot a gun in your life? that thing is 7.62 with 4 rifle's!!! it punches like hell, and leaves a hole like hell... it is normal that you can kill someone with such caliber (except you hit him on shoulder, arm, or legs somewhere...)

Edited by gingatsu

I played for 20 hours without realizing I could load more than one bullet. It's not really a huge deal for me if this is intended.

I hope i  will have the abbility to remove the spraypaint from a ww2 era rifle that was in good condition before some idiot had to paint it black and green because he thinks that whould look cool IMOH thats the perfect punishment for ruining such a collectors item :D

5ce881_4252988.jpg

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

^but it says right on it: 20% Cooler.

Maybe we should have "item: paint stripper"

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

CoD players camping? Dude you just went full retard. 

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

so.. now unrealistic accuracy ( bad ) and now unrealistic weapons? Talk about a simulator.

Feed system 5-round non-detachable magazine, loaded individually or with five-round stripper clips.
  • Like 1

They should allow it to where you can queue up reloading 5 of 7.62 rounds by hand instead of 1 at a time. 

Oh because you should be able to take 4+ rounds of 7.62 before dying right? People like you bitch and moan about something being too over powered when it's working just fine as it was intended. I hope they bring in the .50 cal and bring all of it's glory with it to just hear people bitch about how "op" it is too,

• Like 1

I hope they bring in the .50 cal and bring all of it's glory with it to just hear people bitch about how "op" it is too,

No no, give us a PKM.

Fits the setting 650 rpm, spawns with bipod, sights adjustable to 1,500 meters and with the new health system it's gonna be 1 shot kill.

Me gusta.

• Like 1

On gameplay videos pay attention to parts where people fight with a mosin against M4s at short ranges. 8/10 the M4 wins unless the mosin player got the drop on him. Mosin isn't better than the M4 or vice versa, they just have different roles.

Edited by weedmasta

Confirmed, Mosin fires 5 with the 'Load Ammo' option, then paint and can only 'Chamber' a single round. Did this twice to test it. Needless to say, when I come across another Mosin, I make sure to spray it.  :P