Dorner

Mosin is single load now

on the test server u can only chamber the mosin.  It does not load 5 bullets anymore.  The mosin has an internal magazine and should hold 5.  Did they nerf the mosin or is it a bug ??

Just saw this on Lirik's stream, I thought it was weird. Perhaps they will be adding strip-clips to allow you to load five. 

Unrealistic, I know. 

Just saw this on Lirik's stream, I thought it was weird. Perhaps they will be adding strip-clips to allow you to load five. 

Unrealistic, I know. 

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

1 shot 1 kill  especially when it has 5 bullets is stupid.

• Like 2

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

1 shot 1 kill  especially when it has 5 bullets is stupid.

Its not always one shot one kill and um id rather the guns were based on realisim than balancing for game purposes i enjoy playing BF but i rage so hard everytime i fire a shot gun and its effective to about 10 m max lol i rage so hard when i pump bullet after bullet using a 50 cal and people run off.

Real life aint fair mate and well dayz aint real life but it wasnt ment to be fair either kinda authentic then isnt it lol ...

• Like 14

So you can still load 5 bullets except you have to do it manually for each or you can only load 1 at a time?

Meh im running with a mosin and a long scope. One shot per chamber doesn't bother me but the gun does need stripper clips.

• Like 1

I think it's a bug with the spray painted mosin. I had a normal one and could still load 5 rounds. After I spray painted it camo, I could only chamber one at a time. 

Also this is something for the feedback tracker not the general forum. (there is already a ticket open about it) http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7185

• Like 2

Awesome, hope it stays this way also. No need to be running around with guns blazing in a survival game. Escaping the zombies to survive is of high priority for myself.

Awesome, hope it stays this way also. No need to be running around with guns blazing in a survival game. Escaping the zombies to survive is of high priority for myself.

Yeah, let's apply this for an M4 too. :rolleyes:

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

This game use to be about realism. It no longer is. Without realism, it's no wonder Rust Alpha has become more popular than DayZ Alpha.

Edited by bohemiaisbroken

Wish they did it like in Red Orchestra where if you click reload once it only loads one bullet but if you hold the button down it keeps reloading.

• Like 3

The point is the reality of the situation not what you think a survival game should be, the mosin has a 5 round clip, its not suppose to magically change when its spray painted...

• Like 2

This game use to be realism. It no longer is. Without realism, it's no wonder Rust Alpha has become more popular than DayZ Alpha.

4/10 - Subpar troll.

• Like 4

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

As yes the OP nosin

This game use to be realism. It no longer is. Without realism, it's no wonder Rust Alpha has become more popular than DayZ Alpha.

Because being able to sprint at Olympian speeds while carrying a hundred pounds of equipment over many kilometers is realistic. Because this same person then instantly dies because he fell 10 feet despite landing on his feet is realistic. Because being a lone survivor in an apocalyptic scenario who regularly shoots other survivors for no reason at all while showing no signs of stress or mental degradation is realistic. Because gunshot wounds from high caliber weaponry can be healed away within a few hours by eating and drinking a little more often than usual, and shattered limbs can be healed instantly by shooting up some morphine as well.

Sorry, this game was never realistic, and neither is Rust. There are many gameplay mechanics in place that made the game harbor more realistic attributes than your typical shooter/survival game, but never has this game ever been remotely close to the actual reality of a zombie apocalypse. (As ridiculous as that may sound)

And you know what? That's perfectly fine. Despite how vehemently some players will lash out at the prospect, sometimes gameplay has to overshadow realism and immersion, even in a game that heavily stresses the latter. When you have a civilian weapon that's as powerful and effective as the Mosin 9130 is, there really is no excuse to use many other available weapons in the game, even in instances where said weapons may excel at. In scenarios like this, play style diversity stagnates as every player worth their salt is shoehorned into using a certain overpowered weapon, which removes any reason to use different weapons once you stumble across one of the God tier weapons in the game.

If this was an intentional nerf to the Mosin 9130, maybe one can argue that the nerf wasn't the best way to go about dampening the effectiveness of the weapon, and perhaps there are ways that the weapon can be nerfed without realism or immersion taking a hit. One way or another, the weapon is too powerful right now and needs to be toned down for the sake of gameplay balance.

Edited by Areos
  • Like 2

Except its unrealistic as hell.

The Mosin can hold 5 rounds internally, it should be able to do that in game regardless of the genre.

If you want to nerf the effectiveness of the Mosin, give guns a collision box that doesn't allow you to swing them around through walls. Seriously, a Mosin with a Bayonet attached is the size of one of our characters. Change damage levels on 7.62 rounds across the board.

Since when did mosin become OP?

Way outclassed by shotgun and M4 in close range. You miss one shot you die.

It is only good at long range, where it is meant to be good at.

Thing is long range combat is a minority in all cases and can be boring as you might not find some people.

Bunch of whiners in this thread, Mosin is not OP, they just want to die less. Instead they should smart up or accept their fate.

Edited by Space Milk

Because being able to sprint at Olympian speeds while carrying a hundred pounds of equipment over many kilometers is realistic. Because this same person then instantly dies because he fell 10 feet despite landing on his feet is realistic. Because being a lone survivor in an apocalyptic scenario who regularly shoots other survivors for no reason at all while showing no signs of stress or mental degradation is realistic. Because gunshot wounds from high caliber weaponry can be healed away within a few hours by eating and drinking a little more often than usual, and shattered limbs can be healed instantly by shooting up some morphine as well.

Sorry, this game was never realistic, and neither is Rust. There are many gameplay mechanics in place that made the game harbor more realistic attributes than your typical shooter/survival game, but never has this game ever been remotely close to the actual reality of a zombie apocalypse.

And you know what? That's perfectly fine. Despite how vehemently some players will lash out at the prospect, sometimes gameplay has to overshadow realism and immersion, even in a game that heavily stresses the latter. When you have a civilian weapon that's as powerful and effective as the Mosin 9130 is, there really is no excuse to use many other available weapons in the game, even in instances where said weapons may excel at. In scenarios like this, play style diversity stagnates as every player worth their salt is shoehorned into using a certain overpowered weapon, which removes any reason to use different weapons once you stumble across one of the God tier weapons in the game.

If this was an intentional nerf to the Mosin 9130, maybe one can argue that the nerf wasn't the best way to go about dampening the effectiveness of the weapon, and perhaps there are ways that the weapon can be nerfed without realism or immersion taking a hit. One way or another, the weapon is too powerful right now and needs to be toned down for the sake of gameplay balance.

There are absolute realities and relativistic realities. Mosin standard capacity is absolute. How far you can sprint at what speeds, etc, something that is not in your face, is relativistic.

Its a bug, glitches happen, this is an alpha, things will be balanced better later blah blah... stop whining. The game has plenty of realism, but again... as an alpha... Much of the things that will refine this will be added later... This bohemiaisbroken guy is just an idiot looking for yucks out of people and/or just an idiot who doesn't know what an alpha is, just like half the people who buy this game and come to the forums 20 minutes later and complain that it has bugs... 99% of the world's population are idiots who couldn't survive in a real apocalyptic world anyways simply because the knowledge to do so is basically lost to the world now that technology reigns supreme. I will accept criticism to my point here only from people who have actually been in a situation where no modern technology was around to help. Just play the game as it is and enjoy the fact that the game exists in the first place, or do as most new spawns do and go jump off the nearest tall building, eat everything you find under your bathroom sink, I don't care, just go release your rage somewhere else... I'm just so sick and tired of all the whiners...

This game use to be about realism. It no longer is. Without realism, it's no wonder Rust Alpha has become more popular than DayZ Alpha.

Where is the numbers to support that ? 

Nowhere.

Admit it, this is something you just made up, or Rust is more popular among your friends.

Rust have sold ~250k copies, and DayZ have sold ~1 million copies.

Where is the numbers to support that ? 

Nowhere.

Admit it, this is something you just made up, or Rust is more popular among your friends.

Rust have sold ~250k copies, and DayZ have sold ~1 million copies.

Active players???

I have no idea if Rust is more popular or not, but a good indicator is the active players.

"OP" "Nerf" "Balance".... Why the hell are you people using these words in this game?! If you want artificial balance go play CoD or BF. The best balance in this type of game is realism.