Timecharge

Whats wrong with server hopping?

Im pretty sure random loot will not solve the problem completely but it will reduce it for sure. My problem with server hopping started when my whole squad got murdered by a guy spawned on the 2nd floor of the prison, since then we camp for at least 1 hour on the NE airfield, we dont shoot ppl that we see coming from a distance btw ;) even more we let them loot the dead bodies :D but ye random loot ftw!

I would love to see 100% random loot.  And I think it fits the game anyway.

I think if an M4 were to spawn in a civilian area (for example) it should be resting against a dead body/skeleton.  Perhaps a survivor that had found it before wound up there and starved/bled to death.

I think it would be cool!  And solve the server hopping issue.

that's not actually such a bad idea. i still don't like the 100% randomness. there should be some areas where it's more likely to find certain type of items, but there should be a small possibility to find almost anything in civil buildings too. maybe not the highest tier stuff, but most stuff. heck, ammunition already spawns in supermarkets and mosins spwan in hotel rooms.

• Like 1

that's not actually such a bad idea. i still don't like the 100% randomness. there should be some areas where it's more likely to find certain type of items, but there should be a small possibility to find almost anything in civil buildings too. maybe not the highest tier stuff, but most stuff. heck, ammunition already spawns in supermarkets and mosins spwan in hotel rooms.

That would work really well actually. That way the intrigue of military areas remains, just increase the likelihood of those spawns by a small amount (10-20% maybe).

• Like 1

Yeah they're legit alright.  That's why the devs are working on "FIXES" for this.  Right.

When they fix it, it won't be legit.

It was never fixed on the mod.

Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny.

Yeeeeeah you beat me to it.

Again proving the point that because it's not out of the game yet, they should feel free to use it as if it was a game design feature.  Fucking morons.  Lazy exploiters...

And as if I didn't even need to clarify this for people with an IQ over 4, just because it's not fixed yet doesn't make it "legit until it's fixed lel."

• Like 1

despite all the reasons posted here already, I've lost squad mates to people who spawn in prison's/braracks/airfields/schools, shoot someone and then logs out.  I mean c'mon, really?  If you log in near me while server hopping i'll put you down, so there is a reason not to do it because you WILL die.

Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny.

Got nothing to do with logic.  Just fact.

If it's not prohibited, it's legit.

Up to the devs,

At least in the mod people were ashamed of server hopping/combat loggin, you know it's bad and rampant, when people begin to openly justify and brag about it.

• Like 1

If you:

-Server Hop

-Combat Log

-Ghost

You are using exploits to gain an advantage, and you're a piece of shit.  The devs have expressed desire and plan to change these factors.  It's just a matter of time.

Thus, they are exploits.  No matter how legit you want them to be, they are not.  And the entire community hates you for it.

• Like 4

At least in the mod people were ashamed of server hopping/combat loggin, you know it's bad and rampant, when people begin to openly justify and brag about it.

Was just about to say that. I remember a recent thread/poll where 50% of the people admitted to server hopping. The amount of people actually doing it in game is unreal. Sadly it probably means it is always going to be a problem on the main hive.

• Like 1

If you:

-Server Hop

-Combat Log

-Ghost

You are using exploits to gain an advantage, and you're a piece of shit.  The devs have expressed desire and plan to change these factors.  It's just a matter of time.

Thus, they are exploits.  No matter how legit you want them to be, they are not.  And the entire community hates you for it.

You sir deserve a super market full of beans.

Edited by whothehellishe
  • Like 1

Up to the devs,

I'm convinced that at this point you're just trolling.  Nobody can really be that dense.

I'm convinced that at this point you're just trolling.  Nobody can really be that dense.

I think he's serious.  I understand where he's coming from, I just disagree with it 100%.

Exploits exist in a lot of games, but they're called exploits for a reason.  You are exploiting an unintentional part of the game to gain an advantage.  Thus, you are a cheater.  Period.

In a game aimed at hyper-realism like DayZ, being able to Godlike-teleport yourself from world to world until you find what you're looking for is a way of cheating.  It's unintentional, everyone hates it (and you for doing it), and the devs plan on eliminating it.

There is nothing legit about it.  You are a dirty rotten cheater, and I hope you get shot in the face by a legit player and become a nice loot pinata.

• Like 1

I think he's serious.  I understand where he's coming from, I just disagree with it 100%.

Exploits exist in a lot of games, but they're called exploits for a reason.  You are exploiting an unintentional part of the game to gain an advantage.  Thus, you are a cheater.  Period.

In a game aimed at hyper-realism like DayZ, being able to Godlike-teleport yourself from world to world until you find what you're looking for is a way of cheating.  It's unintentional, everyone hates it (and you for doing it), and the devs plan on eliminating it.

There is nothing legit about it.  You are a dirty rotten cheater, and I hope you get shot in the face by a legit player and become a nice loot pinata.

I agree 100% with you, but again, they don't listen.  If he's serious about what he said and he honestly thinks that way, no amount of logic or reason will change his mind.  He's a noob and a cheater and there is no fixing that for him based on his opinion.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I agree 100% with you, but again, they don't listen.  If he's serious about what he said and he honestly thinks that way, no amount of logic or reason will change his mind.  He's a noob and a cheater and there is no fixing that for him based on his opinion.

You are right on all points.

But the Devs can fix it :)  And when they do, it will be a day of reckoning for exploiters  B)

For awhile while playing Day Z I frowned on Server Hopping, but then began to actually think about it and I asked myself, how is it bad? Would you rather search for the same weapon that you may or may not find for four hours or would you rather just go grab said weapon or gear and have fun with it.

Eventually you are going to die and said gear will be redistributed back into the environment + servers restart so if anything you are saving gear from being wiped and becoming useless. 

But now, I don't frown on Server Hopping nearly as much, I will admit I do it occasionally (did it at vybor today, although I didn't find anything that I really wanted (i wanted the m4) but i did find some good stuff) and call me a scumbag or what ever for doing it but until someone offers me a viable explanation for why you shouldn't server hop, i don't see the issue with it.

edit:

If someone offers me a viable explanation for why you shouldn't server hop then I will stop doing it

well, first we need to define the parameters of server hopping. Server hopping to ghost, or otherwise meta-game a contact/conflict scenario is just plain cheating (which is what the devs are looking to fix). Server hopping to gear up on the other hand, I believe at this point in the alpher is completely acceptable. Later on when loot tables/ loot respawn works? maybe not so much.

Right now, a person logging in to a server 30 minutes before server restart is at a markedly huge disadvantage to a person that logged in 5 minutes after restart. As loot does not respawn (as it did in the MOD, upon the player entering the area), there is no mechanism for all players having equal chance to find loot. Server hopping is the only mitigation to that overwhelming stripping of base game equity/equality.

Up to the devs,

Not quite bud, it's clearly an exploit.

"An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

This topic is going nowhere and an absolute mess.

Locked.

• Like 6