Sign in to follow this  
savini

The Haunted Shipwreck

[NOTE: This is a bit long, but is best read in its entirety.]

The Haunted Wreckage of the Pequod II

Commissioned in 1985 by the Bohemia Shipping Company, the Pequod II was the most technologically advanced container ship of its time. The crew came from all walks of life from the Czech Republic to New Zealand. The ship was a floating testament to excellence. The Captain, Captain Hall, was a sailors sailor. A man who felt more at home in the midst of raging storm, cutting through rogue waves while giving the finger to Poseidon. The crew was more than capable, and just as willing to shout at the heavens when it seemed the sea and wind was conspiring against them. Yes, the Pequod II was the most successful cargo ship, carrying the roughest and toughest sailors that ever dare sail the dreaded seven seas.

A week before the world went mad, the Pequod II arrived to Chernarus. She docked at the port of Chernogorsk right on time. Everything was going smooth as ice while the crew investigated the interiors of the local taverns. During the second day of unloading, one of the containers had collapsed and broken open. There has been speculation that whatever caused this madness in the people, was started by something in that busted container. Some of the survivors I have run into have said there was a peculiar substance contained within. Others still swear that there were small rodents that scurried from cages within the container. At this point it matters not for once the madness began, the crew undocked and set sail to the north.

At this point, noone knows for sure what happened. Scavengers told of the remains of the ship that lie along the northern coast of Chernarus. Some say the crew was lost at sea...victims of the same madness that has come over the land. Others say the crew scuttled her and made their way inland. A few have even claimed to have seen the captain roaming through the forests, longing for the comfort of a ship at sea. Hal and I decided we would investigate. Hoping to find supplies or maybe even a way out. There would be hazards along the way. We had heard the the remains of the doomed ship was a breeding ground for banditry and murder. Sociopaths with an aversion to communication and an inability to scavenge for themselves. We had to be very careful during our travels. When we arrived we noticed the ship split in two. It is surrounded by a marsh and a massive outcropping of rocks. We scouted and determined every path and sniper position before we felt safe enough to head in. As we approached we could feel the air get heavy. Our hair began to stand on end. Even the air seemed to whisper warnings. We felt we were treading the line between this world and...something else. We persevered, locked our weapons, shared a nod, and dove headlong into the unknown.

We moved from room to room cool as you like, theorizing about what could possibly break such a massive cargo ship in half and not leave neither bones nor cloth of the cursed crew. Perhaps a wicked storm...perhaps it ran aground...perhaps the fabled kraken tossed the ship aside like a child in a bath tub. It is my belief that our speculation served only to anger the spirits and fuel their rage and contempt for those who dare search her hallowed grounds. Footsteps echoed through the creaking steel hull forcing us to wonder if we were still alone. Our voices reverberating through the quarters and hallways. An eerie silence filled the air as we stopped and listened. Suddenly Hal let out a horribly, frightening scream! A soft thud followed shortly after. I made my way through the port side crews quarters to the inner cargo hold and saw it. A platform that appeared to be shattered...and underneath lie the corpse of my friend Hal. The shadows seemingly dancing along the interior walls. I decided I had to depart this hellish ship and ran back through the halls searching for a way out. It seemed as though the corridors were mocking me. A maze of ladders and staircases with doors to empty rooms. I felt as though the walls were closing in around me, a darkness consuming the outer edges of my vision. Finally I saw light...fearing for my sanity I ran toward it as fast as I could...and just as I took a breath of fresh air...the platform I stood upon collapsed. Sending me down into the depths of the belly of the beast. I lay in the middle of the split cargo hold, staring up at the sky. As my vision blurred and faded away I wished I had never heard of this accursed ship.

A word of warning. Should you ever find yourself near this ship know this. I am there...Hal is there...and if you should be so daring as to set foot on our resting place you will know hell...and from hells heart I will stab at thee...and send ye back from whence ye came. Else I will pull thee down into oblivion with us...all of us.

-Rhodes

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 10

Very nice! Really enjoyed reading this. Sharing  a few screenshots of the accursed ship.

2014_01_19_00050.jpg

Shadowy shape of death under the moonlight.

2014_01_20_00013.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

This ship is an awesome piece of art. It is so rich of details. First time I went there seeing it. It was an awe inspiring vision. This steel giant stranded on the blunt rocks.

Wanted to surround it and after investigating the area and couldn't see anything moving I decided to go inside.

So I went down the rocks on the northern side and suddenly got stuck inside.

It took me more than 15 minutes to get out of the magnetic field of the rocks. Btw. the only way is up, or prove me better, and prepare to vault a lot! ^^

Finally on board of the freighter I can't tell if I have ever seen such a well designed ship of this size

From the rear you have a pretty descent view to north Berenzino. So beware if you are heading there!

And this really is a fine and rare piece of literature, seldom found in places like this!

My :beans: to you Mr. Rhodes! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks fellas. I'm putting together a video of another expedition I made to the behemoth. There was some strange goings ons I must say.

• Like 1

Cool story. I found several vests in that shipwreck the one time I spawned kind of by it. Two or three were press vests and a mix of some others.

Thanks fellas. I'm putting together a video of another expedition I made to the behemoth. There was some strange goings ons I must say.

Can't wait to watch it!! B)

I think It was either your and Hals body, or your spirit killed some unfortunates because when glorious 3. mountaineers brigade of CDF secured wreck we found 2 dead bodies inside the crack like they fell from deck.

Either way,  while we were waiting for reinforcements we decided to wait them out in the upper deck of ship, while I was sitting near some dark wind start to push me more and more to curtain and after my loud scream my dead body was found on middle deck , after that rest of mountaineers left the abandoned cursed wreck.

Found footage near the wreck...

• Like 1

Very nice! Really enjoyed reading this. Sharing  a few screenshots of the accursed ship.

2014_01_19_00050.jpg

Shadowy shape of death under the moonlight.

2014_01_20_00013.jpg

I think you're right where I logged when you took these pictures - I had just tracked some bandits up to the ship and took them out from the ridge you're standing on.

Thanks fellas!!

I don't usually dig up my threads, but I wanted to give this story a second chance. I spent a bit of time on this one :P.

Reminds me.

Found it odd that there are ISO containers in and around a ship which appears to be some sort of bulk carrier rather than a container ship.

Exploring this place at night with only a flash light (rifle or pistol torch too, but you feel safer...) is very creepy. I love this place.

I have died once from my character just walking over a ledge even when I wasn't pressing w (or triggered any animations like taking a rifle in hands or vaulting), fell from one of the escape boat on my belly and didn't feel a thing, fell from one side into the ocean and finally was looking throught one of the windows in one of the bunk beds cabins and was suddenly teleported outside the ship at the same height, fell to the ground and broke my leg....

Witnessed a player ( he claimed to be a traveling t-shirt salesman and wasn't wearing any pants) fell from the stairs exactly where I died. At that time I laughed but now that I think about , this ship is really cursed!! (bugged/glitched for sure :lol: )

Still, I like this place a lot.

2014_01_23_00021.jpg

At that time I laughed but now that I think about , this ship is really cursed!! (bugged/glitched for sure :lol: )

Still, I like this place a lot.

2014_01_23_00021.jpg

lol, no doubt.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an ISO container? What makes it different than other containers? I'm genuinely curious.

It's been awhile.

It would be cool if we could submit short stories or books to be added to the Chernarus library. I'd be totally down to write some stories to add to the lore and/or history of the country.

I don't usually like this type of stuff, but that was good; well done.

• Like 1

Nice story! I like the wreck a lot, too. It even inspired me to make a webcomic. I hope, you like it.

tumblr_n1w3j6HOiI1tugd7xo1_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Wow! That looks badass! Nice work man.

I've been looking for a decent artist to illustrate some short stories I've got written. Let me know if you'd be interested in making a few more of these.

I really enjoyed the web comic. Hats off to you. Very nice work!! :) 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I plan to do more of em. Got some more ideas in my pocket Backpack.

@rhodes:

Shure thing! I'm curious. I can't promise anything, but i already did some Horror-comics albeit they were not Zombie-themed. It would be nice to have a genuine story to work on.

lol, no doubt.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an ISO container? What makes it different than other containers? I'm genuinely curious.

Hmm, not sure I understand about the ISO container.