Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

KSK/Saiga 12

People want slav guns, so how about a slav shotgun. The Saiga 12 is a gas operated, magazine fed, semi automactic shotgun designed by izmash. One thing I would like to see is a new soundfile different from ArmA 2. The ArmA 2 sound effect sounds nothing like it's real world counter part. The Saiga 12 has aaccessory rail to fit optics like the PSO-1 and Kobra red dot sight.

Here is one video from Izmash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ8Rcatihxo
  • Like 1

The Saiga 12 was in Arma 2 from the looks of things, so it might very well make it in.  I did some research and was surprised to find out, according to the interwebz anyway, that the only shotgun that Russian police used was the Saiga 12 and it was not standard issue.  But being that the Saiga 12 is completely compatible with most (if not all) AK family attachments this should be a no brainer in my opinion.  Just rare - really rare.

The Saiga 12 was in Arma 2 from the looks of things, so it might very well make it in.  I did some research and was surprised to find out, according to the interwebz anyway, that the only shotgun that Russian police used was the Saiga 12 and it was not standard issue.  But being that the Saiga 12 is completely compatible with most (if not all) AK family attachments this should be a no brainer in my opinion.  Just rare - really rare.

Thats not true... Russian police use a variety of shotguns including KS-23s, TOZ-194s and Molots, all pump action, from what i've heard.

• Like 1

according to the interwebz anyway

Disclaimer :)

Edit, also pretty sure KS-23 was a carbine that fired 23 gauge rounds used in the Prison System.

Edited by - Karma -

KS-23 is classified as a Carbine becuase it uses Rifled 23mm Anti-Aircraft gun barrels. But in reality, it functions like a shotgun and fires shotgun-like ammo, including Buckshot, slugs, rubber, beanbags... it was made for Prison Guards initially.

*4 Gauge. Millimeters arn'te gauges. Just an FYI to everyone, Gauges get smaller as the object gets bigger, so compare 12guage. The KS-23 fires a round bigger than most Infantry fighting vehicle's 20MM Cannon. Ik, beast right?

• Like 1

I think this weapon was in Arma 2 so expect to see it in-game

The KS-23 fires a round bigger than most Infantry fighting vehicle's 20MM Cannon. Ik, beast right?

Bigger in diameter but I was quite disappointed when I discovered the ammunition specs.

"It's gotta be monstrously powerful, right?

Well, short answer, no... I was disappointed to learn the "Shrapnel-10" has fourteen 0-size pellets... the Shrapnel-25 only has nine 00-size pellets.

Nine pellets of 00 buck! The exact same as the standard 12-gauge... massive let-down."

The larger diameter is an advantage when launching rubber balls and some other specialty ammunition. However the solid steel slug is sub-caliber, more around 12mm diameter.

• Like 1

Off the internet for a while and my saiga thread gains momemtem. Thanks. I always thought it was strange the mod didn't carry the saiga, but I hope it will make an apperance in SA seeing how they can reuse some textures from the AKM/AK-74 and share parts like scopes.

I've always loved the saga 12k in other games not to be mentioned . Never really shot one in dayz mod though , so I'd love to see one in the standalone .

KSK... SKS... I would get freakin' confused man I'm getting old! In all seriousness though, I don't see that much of a difference from a 'regular' AK47, except this looks more military grade (edit: maybe more expensive is a better phrasing). I could be completely wrong though, I'm by no means a gun expert. Either way finding something like this once in a while in Chernarus wouldn't hurt, I'm all for it.

Edited by JoostVoordeel

KSK... SKS... I would get freakin' confused man I'm getting old! In all seriousness though, I don't see that much of a difference from a 'regular' AK47, except this looks more military grade (edit: maybe more expensive is a better phrasing). I could be completely wrong though, I'm by no means a gun expert. Either way finding something like this once in a while in Chernarus wouldn't hurt, I'm all for it.

They could just call it a Saiga 12. Also it is a 12 gauge shotgun, not a rifle.As far as price goes, I bought my Saiga for 600 USD, its not that expensive for a combat shotgun.

The Saiga 12 is more common than some might think. It's sold to civilians in Russia, The United States, Germany, Czech Republic it is used by several police forces around the world, even in the US and Russian MVD.

We also need Saiga rifles. Basically they are Based off the RPK, but don't have the long barrel, can only hold 10-round magazines, and have black hunting furniture. They can be chambered for many calibers but mostly they're 7.62x39.

We also need Saiga rifles. Basically they are Based off the RPK, but don't have the long barrel, can only hold 10-round magazines, and have black hunting furniture. They can be chambered for many calibers but mostly they're 7.62x39.

I'd settle for a saiga 12. I don't expect much effort as far as weapons diversity.