minime1000

Non-permadeath server option in the future?

Same can be said with non-permadeath. It does not change "the core mechanics of the game". Everything works the same way, people do the same things and everybody expects the same thing because everybody knows exactly how the server they join works.

Permadeath IS one of the core mechanics in itself. The drawing point for many players, myself included, was that once you die, you have to start over. Removing permadeath would be removing one of the main features of DayZ.

It's not about "Us players". not wanting someone to play the game differently than us, it's that "Us players" recognize that having Perma-death in DayZ, makes the survival aspect of this game vital, because you wouldn't care about dying, because there would be nothing to lose, you wouldn't fight to survive and protect what your using/wearing because if you died, you would lose none of it, you would have a minor set back when it comes to trekking back to where you died at, if it was vital to you at that moment. But because you still have your setup, the only thing you would need is ammo/food/water and maybe some medical supplies but medical supplies wouldn't be on your list of important items because if you died, you wouldn't lose out.

I really hope that the developers of this game, DO NOT listen to the Carebears/Whiners and implement content that basically holds our hand, keeps us safe, and frolics in the fields with us humming cheerful tunes...

The game is about survival, fighting not only zeds, but sicknesses/statuses and other survivors for supplies/food/gear, without Perma-death there would be no fear, you wouldn't try as hard to survive because you would have nothing to lose, this game would go down hill drastically and sales would plummit, now no game like DayZ exists (To me atleast.) PLEASE don't go making a fuss and ruin it for everyone else.

I mean everyone with these types of suggestions, cry about, "Well you just don't want this change because it's different from your style of play, ect." but what if, the changes you want, would change it so drastically that you end up having a small scale game that only a few hundred people play, opposed to how it is now, there needs to be things about a game that people hate, because in turn, those things you hate are things people love.

Frankly I think the option to have third person should be removed altogether.

Giving people the "option" to have non permadeath just gives people yet another crutch to avoid enjoying the game to its fullest extent.

watch this. Just watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zoVIsIT2A