Grenadier36

Name weapons that should be in DayZ SA

A fairly rare lever action in .357 would be nice.

7392d1349193038-looking-information-leve

Who needs a TV in a zombie apocalypse?

And an incredibly rare modern model with rails for mounting acessories.

tactical-lever-action.jpg

They can be chambered in a shitload of calibers, though. .44 included.

Sorry but youre suggesting an american style common weapon on a Warsaw Pact region?

IF anyone would use a lever action weapon in Warsaw Pact region, then it would be SOME rich people (not all), coz they would like to see what kinda feel it has. and therefore the gun has no place in the game at all.

I only want guns in DayZ, whose presence in the world makes sense. So no M4A1's, FNX-45's, AS50's, Mk 48's etc. 

inb4 USMC WAS IN CHERNARUS! They don't use the guns I listed above. And no, all the USMC forces deployed to Chernarus weren't high speed, low drag Force Recon Marines. 

Bunch of old Soviet arms: TT-33, Nagant Revolver, M44 Carbine, etc. Some more modern Soviet arms: AKM, AKMS, AK-74, AKS-74, AKS-74U, RPK, RPK-74, SVD, etc. No AN-94's or AEK's, pl0x. I didn't buy Battlefield, after all. 

What's the lore surrounding private ownership of firearms? If the citizens of Chernarus are allowed to own firearms, I wouldn't mind seeing AR-15's, AR-10's, semi-automatic FAL's (just an example), Glocks and other small arms of Western origin. Although, these type of firearms would be extremely rare, so would be the ammo (yeah, right...).

Edited by ParanoidMoron

AKM,RPK,PKM, pump-action shotgun, combat knives, .38 snub nose revolver, Tokarev, UZI/Mac-10/Scorpion.

Less snipers the better, mod sucked balls with all those douchebag AS-50 campers, firefights lasted 1-4 shots, depending on how bad you were.

I hope devs tweak spawnrate of mosins & other future long range rifles to make them extremely rare, firefights are just more fun with close quarters weapons.

• Like 1

What about place in some SMG's into the game? Like me, I want to have the MP5A4 with several attatchments onto it, and SMG's should be able to fit inside a backpack, would be good for some snipers to have a Mosin or another rifle and a rapid fire 9mm or 10mm 20-30 Mag weapon with them, maybe a MAC10? Uzi is kinda big but still.. Same with the AKS.

Or maybe just a G18 with a stock and extended barrel?

well i can tell u what i dont want to see in the mod...

ANY SEMI-AUTOMATIC SNIPER RIFLE!

u want to snipe? then do it repeating style...

but i would like to see bows. bows are awesome.

knights are also awesome.

but bows can kill knights, so they are awesomer.

...u see? they need to be in the game.

because bows are awesomer.

well i can tell u what i dont want to see in the mod...

ANY SEMI-AUTOMATIC SNIPER RIFLE!

Dragunov, PSL, Vepr, Tigr all make good sense though.

ppsh1a.jpg

(PPSH1A)

This thing, but make it loud as fuck.

and the recoil must be high when fired automatically.

• Like 1

A1123_ex.jpg

DEGTYREV PAKHOTNY 

This one too! loud as fuck too.

And wild goddamn recoil, unless your prone on the ground.

First off; The developers finally should implement to the game a story as background story... Why is a background story needed? well it is simply needed for the reason why NATO issued gear is available in Russian sector at all ( Im not talking about legal sold weapons which is available if you got enough money to buy, at least you can buy a m4, Steyr Aug and some other NATO issue weapons in Kazakhstan I'm talking about NATO issue weapons which exist in SA right now but has actually no meaningful explanation why the heck NATO issue weaponry and gear is being able to achieve on a Warsaw Pact territory)

Secondly; After the background story has been cleared out and explained why there are NATO bases at Russian or Warsaw Pact region, then we can begin to add the weapons... But the most important thing to the matter is that the Warsaw Pact weapons should always be in majority and more to access than NATO issue weapons and ammo (NATO issue ammo should really be rare in my opinion, coz 5,56 is not a caliber supported by the Warsaw Pact mostly, just the AK 12 AEC-9711 can be modified to accept 5,56 but Russia mostly uses 5.45 for that case. So it is mainly illogical to find 5.56 issue ammo all around... it only should be in specific military bases or specific airfields like NW airfield which has been turned into temporary NATO base of operations and so on. The airstrips should not have NATO issue gear or weapon instead Warsaw Pact issue weaponry)

Third; Like I said the most of the gear which is to be found should be Warsaw Pact issue, therefore if you go to the police station or in some Warsaw pact military base you should more likely find those weapons Im gonna list

For Pistols;

TT-  Tokarev

800px_TT33.jpg

PM-Makarov

763px.png

MP-443 Grach

800px_MP_443_Grach_06.jpg

MP446 "viking"

MP_446_Viking.jpg

PB- (its actually a Macarov with silencer)

PB_pistol.jpg

Shotguns;

Bekas-M

Bekas_M_Auto_01.jpg

MP-133

0_value_7732_188.jpg

MTs-255 (Modular you can attach scope too)

mc_255_udachnoe_sochetanie.jpg

800px_MC255_2.jpg

RMB-93

5244505768_2a2c2dbddb_z.jpg

Saiga12 or Saiga Tactica

800px_Saiga_12_K.jpg

800px_Saiga_12_K_040_02_with_Cobra.jpg

Assault Rifle's;

AN-94 (modular scope and other stuff can be added)

Izhmash_Nikonov_AN_94_GP_34.jpg

AEK-9711

800px_AEK_97110_copy.jpg

AK-47

ff_ak472_f.jpg

AK 12

1af679afb0e812a356cc4fa284ad4ebf.jpg

there are more to add but I leave it for now... Those guns will keep the developers (if they really intend to implement them) busy enough all Warsaw Pact issue guns and all quite available throughout Russia.

Civilian Weaponry!

Such as small firearms, pistols, we need more pistols! In my opinion you can just have the same dmg values for most of the guns but just reskin them to make it feel like you found a new weapon, not just like: oh theres another fnx45..

Shotguns and rifles are also amazing, currently we have a shotgun incoming in a patch and we have the rifle.

Mil-grade firearms.

M4's are always nice, but as some one wrote before, this map is in russia so i think that some kind of AK would be much much more probpable to find at a military base.

Basically i agree with the post above completely, just with much worse grammar and examples :D

Edited by Xecas

This thing, but make it loud as fuck.

and the recoil must be high when fired automatically.

Why would it have a lot of recoil?

Why would it have a lot of recoil?

Don't really know, just looks like it'd make a lot of recoil.

Dragunov, PSL, Vepr, Tigr all make good sense though.

true, but it would "unbalance" the game as it did in the mod.

heavy semi-automatic snipers are an outright invitation to hillsnipe and kos. even with the arma engine its so damn easy to pick off guys at 600m with an 8x zoom scope, while hiding in a bush...

that's not a game i would like to play. well sniping is fun and should definitely be in the game, but in the sense of repeating "hunting" sniperrifles. they are not as overpowered as the military stuff and still "fun" to utilize... just dont screw an adjustable 8x zoomoptic on top... -.-

well that said... what dayz needs is a big variety in calibers and guns... so finding a gun or ammunition isnt a difficult task. but finding the RIGHT AMMO AND MAG FOR YOUR GUN... that should be a rewarding experience not a matter of serverhopping the airfield 3 times...

Maybe place in a good nice SPAS 12 Heavy?

Only if it spawns among garbage bags or containers. For realism.

Don't really know, just looks like it'd make a lot of recoil.

It would have less "free" recoil than every gun currently in the game.

PPSh-41

Weight with half-full drum = 5.10 kg

Recoil impulse = 3.36 N s

Recoil energy = 1.11 J

Mosin

Weight = 4.00 kg

Recoil impulse = 12.1 N s

Recoil energy = 18.2 J

FNX-45

Weight = 1.25 kg

Recoil impulse = 4.30 N s

Recoil energy = 7.43 J

M4(A1)

Weight = 3.40 kg

Recoil impulse = 5.67 N s

Recoil energy = 4.73 J

true, but it would "unbalance" the game as it did in the mod.

heavy semi-automatic snipers are an outright invitation to hillsnipe and kos. even with the arma engine its so damn easy to pick off guys at 600m with an 8x zoom scope, while hiding in a bush...

that's not a game i would like to play. well sniping is fun and should definitely be in the game, but in the sense of repeating "hunting" sniperrifles. they are not as overpowered as the military stuff and still "fun" to utilize... just dont screw an adjustable 8x zoomoptic on top... -.-

well that said... what dayz needs is a big variety in calibers and guns... so finding a gun or ammunition isnt a difficult task. but finding the RIGHT AMMO AND MAG FOR YOUR GUN... that should be a rewarding experience not a matter of serverhopping the airfield 3 times...

I disagree, these rifles are extremely common, it makes no sense for them not to be in. Balance is not a concern for me unless we are talking about things such as tanks. The only concern for me is "would I be likely to find this in real life?" It's already "unbalanced" to have someone with a Mosin camping Balota, or bandits with M4A1s shooting fresh spawns. That's the nature of the game.

Second, the SVD was never "unbalanced" during the mod. The scope only had 4x zoom and it wasn't very precise. For some reason it had way more recoil than the M14 or DMR. I always prefered an M24 or a CZ550 for actual long range sniping.

FAL of course and an AK101 which will most likely be in the game. Maybe give camo variations to them. Would be cool if you could choose your own camo or pain them with proper items.

Made an account just to voice my opinion on this.

Mostly Soviet/Russian weapons. This is for two reasons:

1. Authenticity. Chernarus is based on a Soviet/Eastern bloc state therefore it makes sense that Soviet designed weapons would be more common than NATO armaments.

2. Trademark issues. The devs will be able to give the weapons they implement their actual real life names. It seems that they're not willing to purchase the licenses for western weapon names hence why the revolver (I think it's a Colt Python) is simply called 'Revolver'. 

I can't stress enough how much it upsets me when weapons are given generic GTA style names like the revolver. Call me a pedant but I think it detracts from the sense of realism that the devs try to accentuate in other aspects of the game. I'm also somewhat of a gun-nut so I understand that this issue might affect me more than the average player but it takes no effort to fix this.

Players who are happy to use any old weapon and pay no attention to it other than by it's practicality don't care what weapons they're using like I do. Even though gun fanatics are a minority the devs might as well try and please everyone they can if it's not at the expense of other types of players, shouldn't they? 

Edited by Count_Blackula
  • Like 1

• PB9 - Integrally suppressed Makarov pistol in 9x18mm.
  • Sa Vz. 58 - A Czech rifle chambered in 7.62x39mm that's inspired and influenced by many rifles, but primarily the AK-47.
  • SV99 - Suppressed Russian close quarters bolt action sniper rifle in .22LR. (meant for shooting things <100m)
  • AS "Val" - Integrally suppressed Russian assault rifle chambered in 9x39mm. (Not including the VSS "Vintorez", slap a PU on a Val, and you pretty much have a Vintorez)
  • Vepr MA-9 - Russian civilian-sold semi-automatic only 9x19mm carbine.
  • AK-1XX series - 101,102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108 - Differences pretty much boil down to caliber and barrel length (Modernized Avotmat Kalashnikov rifles)
  • AKS-74u - Compact AKS-74 in 5.45x39mm
  • AK-9 - Semi-compact Avtomat Kalashnikov in 9x39mm

That's all I can think of right now. Would absolutely love to see the Makarov or similar designs back in DayZ, for starters. Someone mentioned smoke grenades earlier, now that sounds really nice.

Really liked this list ^^. Here is mine:

Rifles:

• OTs-14 Groza (modern Russian bullpup rifle)
  • AKM and variants 
  • SVT-40 (WW2 era Soviet battle rifle)
  • Mosin-Nagant M1944 Carbine (carbine version of Mosin already in game)
  • Obrez (shortened Mosin-Nagant)
  • PSL (Romanian DMR similar function and appearance to SVD Dragunov)
  • SR-3 Vikhr (Russian compact assault rifle based on AS VAL)
  • SV-98 (modern Russian bolt-action rifle)
  • Toz-78 & Toz-17 (Russian bolt-action 22. rifle)
  • Los-7 (Russian bolt-action rifle in 308.)
  • Gewehr-98
  • Karabiner 98k (standard issue Wehrmacht rifle WW2)
  • CZ-452
  • CZ-550
  • CZ-527
  • FN-FAL
  • G3A3

Sidearms:

• Nagant M1895 (Russian revolver in use since 1895)
  • Makarov 
  • TT-33
  • MP-433 Grach
  • PSM 
  • Fort-12 
  • Walther P38
  • Luger
  • CZ-75
  • Glock 17

Other:

• Surplus WW2-era weapons (MG-34, Mauser C96, Walther PPK, PPSH-41, PPS-42)
  • Popular civilian target/hunting rifles and shotguns from Russia, Czech Republic and Eastern Europe
  • Lots of military and civilian shotguns
  • RPK and PKM machine guns 
  • Tons of other weapons that I've never heard of that could realistically be found in a post-Soviet/Warsaw Pact country. 
  • A couple of common NATO weapons to appease Americans.

I would also like to see all of the correct ammunition added for any weapon they implement, as well as the ability to find weapons of the same type but built for different calibres e.g. FNX-9.

Edited by Count_Blackula
  • Like 1

Battle rifles are my favorite weapons to use in most FPS games, which is defined as any select fire or semi-automatic rifle that uses a high-caliber rifle cartridge. Many players have already suggested the FN FAL in this thread, which I agree with, but I don't think it should be as rare as it was in the original mod. It should be added to the list of military loot that can be found in fire stations, jailhouses, hangars, barracks and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle

all i want is all of the weapons; why limit ourselves! :P 

But i'd really like (ontop of a sheep load of firearms) more melee tomahawks, clevers, machetes, pipes, wooden planks, tire irons, ice picks and obviously a little bumped up from the current melee damage (and reach?), which is a little odd atm how fists are better than everything except for axes :P

And have appropriate crafting like poisoning knives, wrapping barb wire around pipes, nails through wooden planks and other better things than i can think of!

Edited by twingunz