Sign in to follow this  
Zee_Panda

"Its Alpha"

ALPHA: you literally just outlined what an ALPHA is supposed to be. They are testing none of the things you are complaining about. You serve the game no purpose at the moment, please play something else and complain about it while constructive people make this a good game.

Btw... BEST PART, "it's certainly a good foundation for upcoming content". ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA, ALPHA,

What are you trying to prove again? I'm not complaining about the bugs, I'm saying it's in no way in a good shape, even for an Alpha.

Edited by TSAndrey

What are you trying to prove again? I'm not complaining about the bugs, I'm saying it's in no way in a good shape, even for an Alpha.

You have no idea in any shape or form of what an Alpha is. So in another words, you have no god damn idea what the hell you are talking about.

Edit: Even for an Alpha.

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

It's not Alpha, more like pre-alpha. It's hardly even playable considering it's on 2009 game engine (Arma 2).

Still addicting tho.

Well...there are certainly a lot of Let's Plays and Live Streams for a game that you claim is "hardly even playable."

I'm not sure how many Alphas you've been in and what exactly your definition of "playable" is but DayZ is definitely playable.

• Like 1

Well...there are certainly a lot of Let's Plays and Live Streams for a game that you claim is "hardly even playable."

I'm not sure how many Alphas you've been in and what exactly your definition of "playable" is but DayZ is definitely playable.

Yeah.. this guy has no clue really.. I have played numerous "alphas" and this very well may be THE most stable and well built one I have ever played. I can literally pick up this game and play it and have fun with its CORE personality as a game and be satisfied. The bugs that deter me at the moment are ladders, the spawn-reset, and the some times random-clipping bug. I have never been able to limit myself to three core things playing an alpha... because Alphas typically dont even work right at all (so three alone could be hard).. look at games that launched aside DayZ, the game did so well because while they not only launched an alpha game and told people in so many ways it was an alpha and could not work to their expactation for a while.. They also built a very strong foundation of a game we can all become testers on.. This is a game we can all sit and play and not be overly encumbered by the fact it is an Alpha..  But, the game succeeds in so many levels(gosh, can it only get better!), I am so excited!

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

Well, i understand that people saying "It's Alpha!" can be annoying but the fact remains that if you complain about bugs, few guns atm, glitches and losing your character you obviously don't really belong in an Alpha test.

The game is far from feature complete, hell it's only been out for a month.  To whine and complain about dying or having nothing to do cos you are totally "geared" up gets as annoying as 1st vs 3rd person arguments.

EDIT: For anyone that wanted an unplayable Alpha they should have bought The Dead Linger about 8 months ago to see the difference between that and DayZ as it is now.

Edited by DemonGroover

EDIT: For anyone that wanted an unplayable Alpha they should have bought The Dead Linger about 8 months ago to see the difference between that and DayZ as it is now.

Let's Play videos for The Dead Linger are more like Let's Not Play, not to even mention that the whole game is an extremely obvious (but hilariously shitty) rip-off of DayZ.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

If you didn't want an unfinished crappy alpha, then don't buy an unfinished crappy alpha. Take your time and wait until 2016 or sumn when it's finished. Could all alpha and KoS threads get 'yarded instantly, please?

Edited by Sutinen

I honestly hate it when someone posts. "Its Alpha" No fucking shit, you don't need to remind us every 2 posts. Even for a alpha its in a pretty crappy state I have used Rust as an example so many times though but its true, Rust has been in alpha and doesnt have as many bugs etc, and they builded up from scratch. Dayz has ArmA 2 and 3 to build and get ideas off.

according to a recent Gamespot article Rust is even more buggy than DayZ, so go figure... quote: "As of now, DayZ feels like a much more complete experience. Rust has promise, but it's very rough around the edges."

Rust looks like a mess to me from all the videos i've seen, and i generally like more what DayZ is doing. Rust seems like a Mincraft-like survival-lego-game for kids, but DayZ has more atmospheric real-world feel to it.

apparently people need to be reminded often about this being alpha when so many "WTF THIS GAME HAS BUGS?!?!"-type of threads show up.

Edited by komadose

You have no idea in any shape or form of what an Alpha is. So in another words, you have no god damn idea what the hell you are talking about.

Edit: Even for an Alpha.

Oh, really? Compare the DayZ Alpha to the Arma 3 Alpha. A3 Alpha was much smoother and had more content. And for the last time, I don't really have a problem with the current state, I know they will add more content and fix the bugs, but you CAN NOT say this Alpha is in a good shape, you just CAN'T.

Edited by TSAndrey

The thing that really annoys me is when people make posts like "They need to fix this bug NOW, because it affected ME in a negative way!" (although, usually not as eloquent as that). They probably have a schedule to follow with bug fixing, and we don't dictate that schedule. Just play the damn game, find bugs, report them, repeat. Don't go whining on the forum because you lost loot that took you 2 hours to find because of some bug. You bought this game knowing full well this could happen, so grow up.  

Oh, really? Compare the DayZ Alpha to the Arma 3 Alpha. A3 Alpha was much smoother and had more content. And for the last time, I don't really have a problem with the current state, I know they will add more content and fix the bugs, but you CAN NOT say this Alpha is in a good shape, you just CAN'T.

there are lots of different stages of alpha ffs... this is early alpha. they also could've realeased this later on as a more "complete" alpha, but i'm glad they didn't, cos i'm enjoying it already.

Well, i understand that people saying "It's Alpha!" can be annoying but the fact remains that if you complain about bugs, few guns atm, glitches and losing your character you obviously don't really belong in an Alpha test.

The game is far from feature complete, hell it's only been out for a month.  To whine and complain about dying or having nothing to do cos you are totally "geared" up gets as annoying as 1st vs 3rd person arguments.

Game is out there for one month, first large update incoming...

Testers expect at least one of these below to be fixed to some degree:

-rubber banding

-building glitches

-performance issues

-weapon and view inaccuracies

-or char wipes

instead we have paintable mosins....

"it's alpha" is the shittiest excuse to keep complex issues unsolved and still blocking players from critisizing how lazy dev team is.

It's a fact, and most of the community can't seem to understand that. So we reinforce it in your tiny brains when you make stupid posts. End of discussion.

• Like 1

-rubber banding

-building glitches

-performance issues

-or char wipes

"it's alpha" is the shittiest excuse to keep complex issues unsolved and still blocking players from critisizing how lazy dev team is.

they are working on the engine at the same time they are making more content, so gtfo.

I got to say I remember when I used to actually BETA test games over a decade ago from home. The company would send me the discs in the real mail and I would report bugs through email. Those BETAs were in much worse shape then what many companies call ALPHA today. I feel ALPHAs and BETAs have completely lost their meaning in the last couple of years. As you can see on steam forums and here people expect that ALPHAs and BETAs be completely playable and not crash, as well as be feature complete. In the "old days" an ALPHA build would almost certainly be an unplayable broken mess of ideas. 

DayZ is currently very stable and playable for an ALPHA. 

Edited by Artophwar
  • Like 2

they are working on the engine at the same time they are making more content, so gtfo.

O'RLY? dumbass

I got to say I remember when I used to actually BETA test games over a decade ago from home. The company would send me the discs in the real mail and I would report bugs through email. Those BETAs were in much worse shape then what many companies call ALPHA today. I feel ALPHAs and BETAs have completely lost their meaning in the last couple of years. As you can see on steam forums and here people expect that ALPHAs and BETAs be completely playable and not crash, as well as be feature complete. In the "old days" an ALPHA build would almost certainly be an unplayable broken mess of ideas. 

DayZ is currently very stable and playable for an ALPHA. 

Although I agree it's much more playable then "old" alphas, 2 years of developement time is still too much for preparing this alpha (which is based on an existing game and engine) So imagine if they didn't have chernarus map and all the other stuff comes from arma, how long would it take for alpha? 5 years? I feel like they even intend to slow down developement pace since they don't need to finish the product in near future and there are fanboys around who thinks they are being mature and wise by defending devs. In fact, they're just making everything easier for Bohemia to just lie. If we don't push to get what we were promised, why would Bohemia care?

I'll be laughing my ass off when there'll be kids around posting "it's alpha" on these forums.....at the end of 2015.

Edited by atmaca

O'RLY? dumbass

wow. what should we discuss next?

you DO realize that they were (and mostly still are) working on this with a small team, right? that, my dear, means it takes more time than working with a big team. now they can afford hiring more people on it, and Bohemia will surely allocate more resources on this now that it's a commercial success already at this point.

i'd be happy to teach you some basic level math if you are interested. it's not that hard. it's actually fun! lollipop from every correct answer.

Edited by komadose

At the same time, please compare the size of the dev team and the amount of time they have spend on the development, prior to alpha and you will notice why Arma 3 had more content.

And FYI, Arma 3 ran like horse crap for the first 2 months of Alpha, about 50% of all the people who bought it could not get more then 10 FPS, so please dont say A3 Alpha ran smoother then DayZ, i was there from the beginning and it sure as hell didnt :)

At the same time, please compare the size of the dev team and the amount of time they have spend on the development, prior to alpha and you will notice why Arma 3 had more content.

And FYI, Arma 3 ran like horse crap for the first 2 months of Alpha, about 50% of all the people who bought it could not get more then 10 FPS, so please dont say A3 Alpha ran smoother then DayZ, i was there from the beginning and it sure as hell didnt :)

When I said it "ran smoother" I didn't mean actual performance, I meant general gameplay. Yes, Arma 3 was in development for a longer time and had a bigger dev team, but that's not really relevant. DayZ is in very buggy shape right now and I hope they fix the biggest issues soon.

Edited by TSAndrey

-rubber banding

-building glitches

-performance issues

-or char wipes

Testers "expect". You see, there's your problem. You don't get to "expect" anything as a tester in the first month of an alpha which you were warned not to buy.

I believe it was The Rock who once said "Know your role, and shut your mouth".

I really think the misunderstanding is when "alpha" becomes open to 1,000,000 people and has generated 20+million dollars. That is NOTHING like alphas used to be like .. (ie just within the company.) I also understand it's alpha, but with previous work in Unreal T  mods, I can say that with that amount of money they can hire more people. Easily. Especially good job for upcoming grads... sit there filtering through codes to find bugs. So while they label it as alpha, it certainly doesn't feel like an "alpha" release and testing. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

This thread is stupid and should be locked.  Clearly the idiots posting in here have absolutely no clue what an "Alpha" is.  For fuck sakes it states when you load up the game this this is in a very early Alpha stage and players will experience broken and missing features that may disrupt gameplay.  So like others have stated, get the fuck out.

Testers "expect". You see, there's your problem. You don't get to "expect" anything as a tester in the first month of an alpha which you were warned not to buy.

I believe it was The Rock who once said "Know your role, and shut your mouth".

As I discussed above, this game is clearly NOT alpha. Real alpha versions used to be unplayable and only for demonstrating the main idea of the game. You don't put 1 million testers in alpha. You only hire testers as a full time job and pay them to test every aspect of the game and this mostly happens on beta stage, not on alpha. (it's ok to make open-betas for free) Also you don't PAY for alpha versions. The only reason they label it "Alpha" and open to sale is because it's been 2 years and there's no finished product yet. So they release whatever they have on a playable level and name it alpha to avoid bug complaints and missing promised content. So, we have every right to EXPECT more from a paid product.

This thread is stupid and should be locked.  Clearly the idiots posting in here have absolutely no clue what an "Alpha" is.  For fuck sakes it states when you load up the game this this is in a very early Alpha stage and players will experience broken and missing features that may disrupt gameplay.  So like others have stated, get the fuck out.

No. This post prooves YOU have no idea what alpha is instead. Read above.

Edited by atmaca