Sign in to follow this  
Awruk

Reduce travelling time

I'm pretty sure that Dean is going to make cars and vehicles in general pretty rare for some reason (I guess that's because he likes hiking so much) so how about adding some "smaller vehicles"?

-Skateboards

-Rollerskates

-Kick scooters

-Bicycles (obviously)

All those could successfully shorten the travel time and be fairly common without disrupting game's survival concept.

• Like 1

Rollerskates!?   Bruh....

Keep it bikes, mopeds, etc. Rollerskates, kick scooters, and skateboards have no place in the DayZ world. That's like saying let's implement a traveling circus where we can all ride the Ferris Wheel and play games for neat prizes

• Like 5

I always liked the idea of space and time travel myself you know? just appearing wherever i want at any time... or flight like superman that's cool too not as good as teleportation but hey i'm not greedy.

I honestly don't think there will be anything other than bikes (obviously i'm excluding vehicles) and i'm pretty happy with that you get to silly it'll be like an RPGMMO and everyone will have their 'mount' let's not go down that easymode path in a survival game, if you don't like long hikes then this just simply is not your kinda game RUST apparently has a smaller map.

• Like 1

Each of these essentially accomplishes precisely the same thing, but requires a completely unique set of animations and poses. That's an absolute TON of art and animation work for absolutely zero gameplay benefit.

I think mountain bikes will suffice.

• Like 1

I'm imagining slowly walking behind a rollerblader with my chainsaw roaring, while he's trying to move up a grassy hillside.

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind seeing Mountain and Road bikes.

A little variation, and different benefits and drawbacks. 

Yes.

Would love to kick a skate/longboard around as well as driving a vintage moped (as i do in RL :))

here are some impressions.

Puch_Maxi_chopper_by_Dannerr.jpg
babe_on_jawa_2-stroke-twin-enduro.jpgvintage_motorcycle_women.jpg
hb2.jpg

//source : google images

Edited by QbitzR

Okay, so it's decided. Every doorway will be turned into a teleport portal and you'll be able to teleport wherever you want. And skate boards in every building so you don't have to take the 2~3 steps to get to the nearest doorway.

@QbitzR:

Second picture down. I'm not seeing any bike there.

There are also foldable mountain bikes commercial or used by the military for recon they are often stored in Humvee's.

montague-paratrooper-folding-bike.jpg

Edited by Vector636

One thing, you run unbelievable fast with bare hands. Try it out! It took me 15 mins from Electro spawn - balota.

Bare Hands? :0 Have you learned to shuffle run like the zombies.

bicycle seems to be reasonable, most of chernarus is rocky paths, doesn't really work well for rollerskates.

As long as it did not break immersion for others, I would not mind a set of heelys.

I think random people repairing helicopters is more immersion breaking.

• Like 2

I think random people repairing helicopters is more immersion breaking.

Ladies love heelys anywho ;) , so I was told at a young age before they were even made.

Ladies love heelys anywho ;) , so I was told at a young age before they were even made.

Don't worry, he's just too assumptious and pretentious to catch on you're making a joke about shoes with wheel's in the heel. I'm sure taking .5 seconds to also look at the picture in that post would have cleared it up for him that you weren't talking about helicopters. Friggin dolts.

He has understood me very well. This is not Dayz, you don't have to kill me on sight. :huh:

• Like 1