Sign in to follow this  
Awruk

Reduce travelling time

Bikes won't be spawning everywhere, the rest of your suggestions are pretty crap. 

So as I've said in all of your other shite whinge threads, get over it, or go play something else. Simple as that really. 

Bikes won't be spawning everywhere, the rest of your suggestions are pretty crap. 

So as I've said in all of your other shite whinge threads, get over it, or go play something else. Simple as that really. 

how to make friends and influence people, read it and thank me later. There is a way to change peoples opinions without being a ass, in fact once you are a ass people tend to hold on to their opinions until the end.... if on the other hand you first understand where they are coming from and point out in a simple and friendly way why they may be wrong (or better put misguided) all of a sudden they are more happy to listen too you. right now you just look like a ass.

Now onto the idea.

While I agree more modes of transport would be fun skateboards and Rollerblades do not really belong in a post apoc game imo. You have to ask yourself what shape are the roads in? They are no longer being maintained they would fall apart quite quick and while a mountain bike would sure be able to use roads or a car with a bigger wheel base, something like a skateboard with a small wheel base would have trouble going anywhere due to broken cracked surfaces and pebbles.

Edited by Jimbo_au

Even though it was clear he was talking about those skate shoes(witch I don't want on the sole principle that it might give zeds wheels lol) I don't think having helis in the game is immersion breaking they just have to make repairing them and flying them much more complicated witch I believe they plan to do. Rocket already mentioned wanting to use the Take on Heli system for flying helis and how they are affected in game(weather effecting flight, use all the instruments in 1st person). So it will probably be much more difficult to fly a heli, I also expect them to make repairing them more difficult in the mod.

In a real situation like that if no help was coming you would want to have a way to some place safe, a heli could get you many places. But if you wanted to attempt to fix or fly a heli you would have to read up on the subject. They could probably add books in game for that purpose.

• Like 1

Even though it was clear he was talking about those skate shoes(witch I don't want on the sole principle that it might give zeds wheels lol) I don't think having helis in the game is immersion breaking they just have to make repairing them and flying them much more complicated witch I believe they plan to do. Rocket already mentioned wanting to use the Take on Heli system for flying helis and how they are affected in game(weather effecting flight, use all the instruments in 1st person). So it will probably be much more difficult to fly a heli, I also expect them to make repairing them more difficult in the mod.

In a real situation like that if no help was coming you would want to have a way to some place safe, a heli could get you many places. But if you wanted to attempt to fix or fly a heli you would have to read up on the subject. They could probably add books in game for that purpose.

love it. adding things like books would be great, adding yet another layer to this great game...

edit: adding that first person style to flying helis would be great I reckon.

I agree with the skate point too in a way... while as I said the roads would be in pretty bad shape a balance could be they require a fair bit of upkeep compared to a mountain bike.

Things like this can sir up big emotions in loyal fans and could be best addressed by servers themselves in the form of mods when they are released along with private servers/hives.\

EDIT EDIT lol: the other thing too is even though you may be faster in distance travelled it might end up faster by walking as you will be a kosers wet dream sticking to roads with skate shoes and what not.

Edited by Jimbo_au

I'm pretty sure that Dean is going to make cars and vehicles in general pretty rare for some reason (I guess that's because he likes hiking so much) so how about adding some "smaller vehicles"?

backtothefuture_hoverboard_3.jpg

• Like 3

No. Travel time is TO short in my opinion. It only T takes 20 minutes from Cherno to NWAF. If you don't want to walk, play CoD.

how to make friends and influence people, read it and thank me later. There is a way to change peoples opinions without being a ass, in fact once you are a ass people tend to hold on to their opinions until the end.... if on the other hand you first understand where they are coming from and point out in a simple and friendly way why they may be wrong (or better put misguided) all of a sudden they are more happy to listen too you. right now you just look like a ass.

I would, but I already understand that concept. Fact is, OP has posted a thread asking for his trip down to electro to be sped up almost every week, and each one has been shot down with varying levels of politeness and rudeness. 

it's gone past the point of misguided, and has simply become obstinate repetition.

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

While I agree more modes of transport would be fun skateboards and Rollerblades do not really belong in a post apoc game imo. You have to ask yourself what shape are the roads in? They are no longer being maintained they would fall apart quite quick and while a mountain bike would sure be able to use roads or a car with a bigger wheel base, something like a skateboard with a small wheel base would have trouble going anywhere due to broken cracked surfaces and pebbles.

Then what belongs in a post apoc game? M4s and DPM clothing? Please. Yeah I'm sure the roads would fall apart from all the cars that are no longer cruising on them. It's not like there was a war for roads to be in bad shape. Most of the buildings are still standing as well.

As long as stupid shit like 3pp and M4s in post soviet country is in the game, everyone can make any suggestion they like cause I doubt it that will be anymore ridiculous than what's already in the game.

I would, but I already understand that concept. Fact is, OP has posted a thread asking for his trip down to electro to be sped up almost every week, and each one has been shot down with varying levels of politeness and rudeness. 

it's gone past the point of misguided, and has simply become obstinate repetition.

Ged aut of ma tread cracka!

He has understood me very well. This is not Dayz, you don't have to kill me on sight. :huh:

I wasn't saying he didn't understand you, since his reply was a second joke. But I think you are still failing to read the fact he was joking about these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heelys and not even slightly referring to anything immersion breaking like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter.

Please read the ENTIRE post before replying this time <3

I dont mind the walking....

therefore i would suggest mules. Oh and i wouldnt mind finding a banjo ( adding plain non useful items it adds to the dementia of the apocalypse !!! ). KoS by ...w...t....f... factor entering town riding a mule playing Big Iron and having the mule singing it along.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan
  • Like 2

I wasn't saying he didn't understand you, since his reply was a second joke. But I think you are still failing to read the fact he was joking about these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heelys and not even slightly referring to anything immersion breaking like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter.

Please read the ENTIRE post before replying this time <3

:lol:  Maybe you should just stop telling me what I see or fail to see. My senses work fine.

• Like 1

:lol:  Maybe you should just stop telling me what I see or fail to see. My senses work fine.

We are on the same page love, all good.

• Like 1

I want my own Destroyer, camping on a coast just got to whole new level.

therefore i would suggest mules. Oh and i wouldnt mind finding a banjo ( adding plain non useful items it adds to the dementia of the apocalypse !!! ). KoS by ...w...t....f... factor entering town riding a mule playing Big Iron and having the mule singing it along.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.

Edited by chmielu1258