Sign in to follow this  
Vulkfury

[SA] Duel-Wield secondary?

Hey, I was just thinking since you have to either use the holster OR the vest piece and the Holster only being able to hold a pistol would it be possible to add that you can duel-wield secondary weapons but you have less accuracy but double fire power and fire rate?

Now before anyone goes 'ahhhh cod trolololol' it would be fairly realistic and since that is what rocket is going for, also pistols are really bad for damage ect so duel-wield might make up for that.

• Like 1

[...] you have less accuracy but double fire power and fire rate?

You'll actually have a lower rate of fire and less "firepower" compared to holding one pistol "properly"... try it out.

• Like 3

You'll actually have a lower rate of fire and less "firepower" compared to holding one pistol "properly"... try it out.

It's not about firepower its about general badassery.

I would want this to happen. I would want COD kids to try this and not be able to hit anything farther than 7 meters, waste ammo, open the inventory to reload, then fume about how it isn't like the cowadoodys, then lose a gunfight to someone using a proper shooing method with a single firearm. I say add it in becuase in SHTF there would be dummies that would try to apply things that they saw on TV and video games dispite their disadvantages.

How bout they can add it ONLY if they go full realism with it ... neither one of your guns hit anywhere close to where you aim, you have no  feasible way to quickly reload, and hot shell casings bounce off your arm severely effecting your aim occaisonally.

I would want this to happen. I would want COD kids to try this and not be able to hit anything farther than 7 meters, waste ammo, open the inventory to reload, then fume about how it isn't like the cowadoodys, then lose a gunfight to someone using a proper shooing method with a single firearm. I say add it in becuase in SHTF there would be dummies that would try to apply things that they saw on TV and video games dispite their disadvantages.

Just to point out I hate cod, but you have a point there would be a lot of dumb asses who think they could duel-wield and blast away and win, but some people might do good with it in CQC

@ Gews

You actually have more firepower if you have double the bullets compared to one pistol of the same build. The problem is as you mentioned you won't be able to properly utilize the firepower if you think you can use it hollywood style and hit everything with pinpoint accuracy.

Just to point out I hate cod, but you have a point there would be a lot of dumb asses who think they could duel-wield and blast away and win, but some people might do good with it in CQC

CQC(Close Quarters Combat) = hand to hand, i presume you mean close cuarters gun fighting(CQB), however in both cases Duel-Wielding sucks as, in CQC one of the big issues is weapon retention, duel-wielding wouldn't help there.

And in CQB with handguns what you need is almost surgical precision, to stop a committed opponent, hitting the brain, spine, hips, heart and lungs, and again duel-wielding wouldn't help, handguns are fairly ineffective IRL.

edited Yes its just a game, but i presume we are discussing the authenticity of duel-wielding here.

Edited by thomas28

This is a Survival Horror Game, based off a Mil-Sim Game. It is not an Arena-Style Shooter. If it was implemented it would be extremely inaccurate and a huge waste of ammunition, not to mention ineffective in combat. Which thus brings us to the conclusion that it is not worth the time.

Sobaka

TYS

• Like 1