Sign in to follow this  
Randy_Pie

Know your friends

OK, another short suggestion.

I am very often having trouble to distinguish between members of the group I am traveling with, and others. This often results in problems you wouldn't have in real life (because normally you can easily recognize a friend from far).
Such as mistaking an enemy/bandit for a companion and getting shot right in the face at no notice. Or the opposite - thinking you have a bandit in front of you when it's really just your friend who changed his pants... Me and a friend once thought we were followed by someone. Well, what can I say - I got shot by my friend, who thought he'd saved my life, turns out there was noone else around... I'd be really pissed if it hadn't been that funny lol... Me:"shoot, he's aiming at me" bang - friend: "got him", me: "Yeah, but he got me too" took us a minute to figure out what was happening.

So, I was thinking, that it would be really helpful to be able to lable friends as such when they are within idk 20m. like a triangle over their heads, that only I can see. Yes it is not realistic to have a marker floating over sbd's head, but in real life it's actually easy to recognize a friend. When I was in the military I was able to distinguish between my fellow soldiers even when they had their faces masked...

Ok, that's it - let me know what you think

There have been a lot of threads on this exact issue. This is my first response to the subject.

The problem is that it's not an issue. You just need to learn some basic survival tactics. You should always know where your friend is and keep in constant contact. If you friend's wearing black jeans and finds green cargo pants, he needs to tell you this BEFORE you shoot him in the face.

I've got a friend who I told flat out, "If you don't communicate where you are at all times and come out of a random building, I WILL shoot you and laugh about it when you cry". It was actually a little longer than that with a lot more profanity but you get the idea.

• Like 2

That's hat we already do... but with the current amount/variety of clothing in this game, it's very likely to encounter someone else wearing the almost exact same gear as yourself. - maybe later - when there's is more different clothing, this won't be an issue any more...

I'm guessing you didn't play the mod as there were only a couple player skins. If there are 2 of you and you came across another player, chances are about 90% that he'll look exactly like 1 of you.

As I said, communication is key!

I have to say everyone knows that we have to use tactics and constant communication , but fact of the matter is we need markers on people cuz of large groups and team speak . There's a lot of people out there with hardcore teamspeak groups that have absolute silence except for locations so no friends get shot, but on the other hand alot of people are more casual as their talkin about other things while they play , so when a shot is heard "casual" players first instinct is to get to cover then to talk to clan mates , so with visual cue o who your team mates are itd be much easier . Why don't the devs include customizable clothing so clans could make some armor/clothing that has clan emblems on them so people , at least up close could differentiate teammates and enemies?

I have to say everyone knows that we have to use tactics and constant communication , but fact of the matter is we need markers on people cuz of large groups and team speak . There's a lot of people out there with hardcore teamspeak groups that have absolute silence except for locations so no friends get shot, but on the other hand alot of people are more casual as their talkin about other things while they play , so when a shot is heard "casual" players first instinct is to get to cover then to talk to clan mates , so with visual cue o who your team mates are itd be much easier . Why don't the devs include customizable clothing so clans could make some armor/clothing that has clan emblems on them so people , at least up close could differentiate teammates and enemies?

Really dude? Large groups need yet another advantage? Maybe also a disadvantage because I'll be able to pick you all off easier as well.

This game is suppose to be HARD. If you're in a larger group, learn to communicate better. If your a casual player, tuff shit. Hardcore survival game. Learn to overcome and survive or go play easymode games.