Roshi (DayZ)

What animations would add depth and immersion to the game?

I would love to see just one thread in this forum, where a snotty little spoiled brat doesnt try to put someone down.

Im not putting you down. Thats my opinion. Its not about YOUR computer its about I dont want a game I paid for to keep back features because some people cant run the game on their old machines then.

For me it's opening your inventory and changing clothes.

IMO, every time you open your inventory you should knell down and open your backpack.

Clothes should also make you stop to change them.

You should not be able to rearrange your inventory and change clothes while running through a field. 

• Like 1

If vehicles are in the game i would wish me this:

animations.
  • Like 2

Small things like in RO or BF where if you go too close to a wall then your character pulls the weapon back.

• Like 1

Lootable cigarrete packs + lighters to let us smoke cigarettes when waiting for someone/something. Would give total immersion. :)

I've got an idea. How about character customization options so you can choose the way your character stands, walks, runs, eats, drinks, sits etc. They would have no impact apart from visual differences. It would help make your character more original if it had a wide range of customizations options for different animations for the same tasks. They could also have different audio sounds for different animations and even different voices. That would be cool if you ask me. c:

DIfferent voices is your voice. :)

I've got an idea. How about character customization options so you can choose the way your character stands, walks, runs, eats, drinks, sits etc. They would have no impact apart from visual differences. It would help make your character more original if it had a wide range of customizations options for different animations for the same tasks. They could also have different audio sounds for different animations and even different voices. That would be cool if you ask me. c:

While that would be cool I'm not sure it would be worth the workload it would take to implement.

Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I'm saying that there's no point adding voices for the characters, because your voice (when you use direct chat) serves as your characters "voice".

Edited by Danlow

Wiping your nose when you are sick.  Would be a good idle action.

We need anything from Tactical Signs to Random "Useless" animations like smoking, taunting etc.

But what we also need is a better voice over IP quality.

I srsly cant understand anything other players shout or say.

I have a really good high quality microphone, I use it for my work.

And every time I try to talk to either strangers or for fun to friends over proximity chat, they dont hear sh1t.

How about idle animations? If you stand in the same spot for a while maybe your character checks the bottom of his shoe or adjusts a strap or something. Could go one step further and have your character stumble slightly (very occasionally) when running. Perhaps the frequency of stumbling could be related to your character's condition and how long he's been running. Stumbling wouldn't really affect speed all that much, but I think it'd give the impression that you are not, in fact, an Olympic runner with flawless footwork and a tireless body.

• Like 2

How about idle animations? If you stand in the same spot for a while maybe your character checks the bottom of his shoe or adjusts a strap or something. Could go one step further and have your character stumble slightly (very occasionally) when running. Perhaps the frequency of stumbling could be related to your character's condition and how long he's been running. Stumbling wouldn't really affect speed all that much, but I think it'd give the impression that you are not, in fact, an Olympic runner with flawless footwork and a tireless body.

Yeah I did a thread on footwear, terrain, ambient light and injuring your ankles - think it's in my signature.

It would be nice,if we could just sit down

on the chairs couches or just lie on beds

and have the animations for theese actions.

Just saying....

• Like 2

not a animation. but a tinnitus soundeffect for the "you are dead" screen.

same thing when you are grey/low blood after a hit. like the bombtrauma in james ryan.

not funny but immersive

It would be nice,if we could just sit down

on the chairs couches or just lie on beds

and have the animations for theese actions.

Just saying....

Yeah that would make the world feel a little less static.