1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

Tell you what.  If I don't shoot you, I'm a hero.  If I do shoot you, you were a bandit and I'm still a hero.  

/thread

/dumbass posts

How do you identify bandits? How many fucking people will keep up this retarded claim that they know who bandits are. My main mode of play is vigilante and i can tell you that you go for hours and hours and hours between actual 100% positive bandit identifications, perhaps unless you want to engage in the goofy dumbass battles on the coast which have almost nothing to do with a cool apocalypse experience.

Edited by Thane

Kill everything, or hide in the woods like a b#$%h. Then everyone wins. /thread

I guess nametags when really close to someone to compensate for the fact computer faces do not look like real life faces would be nice. Armbands and all that will be useless in a week.

28 pages dedicated to what is ultimately a crap idea.  I don't wanna have a quick glance at the screen to enable me to go about my business if I stumble upon another player.  I wanna sit there shitting my pants worrying about where he has gone, if he has seen me and what his intentions are.  I'm not even totally sold on the group ID idea either.  The panic and confusion is what gets the heart pumping, a chevron would eliminate that. 

You can design an identification system that supports all those emotions still, but gives vigilante players who only target 100% positive bandit I.Ds something to shoot at more often and give pure survivalist PvE leaning players more of a chance to have more REALISTICALLY friendly encounters with other survivalists.

Kill everything, or hide in the woods like a b#$%h. Then everyone wins. /thread

Didn't you see "/dumbass posts" up there?

Thats part of what this thread is about. Giving players who play realistically more opportunities to get some gun play and kill murderers.

Didn't you see "/dumbass posts" up there?

Thats part of what this thread is about. Giving players who play realistically more opportunities to get some gun play and kill murderers.

This thread is dumb, sad you can't see that. This game is about doing wtf you want. Not catering to people who pretend there's such things and "bandits" and "heros". That's what makes this such a great game too. YOU can not shoot people on sight if YOU want. As soon as you start coming up with such retarded ideas like having different skins for people that play different than YOU its becomes lame. Think about it.. 

/dumbass posts

How do you identify bandits? How many fucking people will keep up this retarded claim that they know who bandits are. My main mode of play is vigilante and i can tell you that you go for hours and hours and hours between actual 100% positive bandit identifications, perhaps unless you want to engage in the goofy dumbass battles on the coast which have almost nothing to do with a cool apocalypse experience.

Uh dude.... I'm making a mockery of this topic.  Read all my other posts I've made about this subject and the OP's stupidity.  So guess what, that makes me a hero  :)

Edited by Caboose187

This thread is dumb, sad you can't see that. This game is about doing wtf you want. Not catering to people who pretend there's such things and "bandits" and "heros". That's what makes this such a great game too. YOU can not shoot people on sight if YOU want. As soon as you start coming up with such retarded ideas like having different skins for people that play different than YOU its becomes lame. Think about it.. 

Sad that i can't see that? I have 250 hour in SA. I have 6 times that at least in the mod. I spent most of my time in Origins, which had bandit skins. The mod had bandit skins.... I think i know wtf i want and wtf i don't want thanks... The fact is that the way i play would PERSONALLY be enhanced if there was a small, faded armband for murderers and people who

Please, for the love of the gods try playing solo as a vigilante, only engaging people you can identify as 100% positive bandit/murderer and realistically, as if you care greatly about your life and also the lives of others, at least more so than an avatar in the game. That is how i get my immersion.

This IS NOT the mod and thank god its not going the way of the mod (bandit skins and .50cal snipers). Having no life doesn't make an argument here sorry. It's the most absurd idea to date.

This IS NOT the mod and thank god its not going the way of the mod (bandit skins and .50cal snipers). Having no life doesn't make an argument here sorry. It's the most absurd idea to date.

The pantsless Vietnam is what is absurd. I don't want goofy powerful +easy to use sniper rifles either.

Edited by Thane

Retarded idea,

Its fine the way it is when in time there's less instant death weapons there will be less KOS.

I have yet to find ANYONE who hasnt shot on sight if they were able, i only play european servers so here's a question, Is this a American thing or something because i've never seen anyone complain about this server side.

Gas mask, bal helmet and TTsKO gear are just good camo. If being a "hero" involves wearing a red hoodie then its going ro be a short life.

Well there is already a system implemented into DayZ to see if someone if a goody or a bady. I'll tell you how it works, You walk up on your intended target and say "Hey! Friendly?", if he shoots you in the face he was a bady, if he doesn't hes a goody! Easy right? Now go out there and try it out you crazy kid you!

• Like 2

Well there is already a system implemented into DayZ to see if someone if a goody or a bady. I'll tell you how it works, You walk up on your intended target and say "Hey! Friendly?", if he shoots you in the face he was a bady, if he doesn't hes a goody! Easy right? Now go out there and try it out you crazy kid you!

Do we bend over then before we say hi or after or?

No, look at photos of friendly clans, they're all wearing camo. I wear camo and i play a vigilante, hunting bandits. Thats why this fucking system we have now is so damn limited, because if you see me up high in Cherno somewhere with a scoped Mosin, trying to protect a survivor making his way through the city, your going to think im a bandit and kill me and possibly put an end to a 10+ hour loot run right then and there. Just about everyone wears camo if they can.

Furthermore. If you were stuck in this situation for real, and the zombies were very seriously dangerous and you had to sneak into towns to get food where zombies were, you would wear camo too because ZOMBIE VISION = HUMAN VISION. CAMO WORKS.

1. I don't shoot on site. I wouldn't open fire unless you shot at me first.

2. I have seen groups of bandits wearing camo, I havent seen groups of friendlies wearing camo

3. Yes pretty much everyone wants to wear camo- your point sums it up- if you want to stand out and look helpful then wearing camo will not help.

and it would be more useful in real life..but zombies would use enhanced smell and hearing more than site to be fair..

Finally, if your hunting bandits your pretty much a bandit...i hope you have good information and judge of character that you didnt kill innocents :D

Edited by AgentNe0

I have a dream that heroes will one day play a game where they will not be judged by the color of their clothing but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

• Like 2

I have a dream that heroes will one day play a game where they will not be judged by the color of their clothing but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I misread that as Horses, and was very confused.

• Like 2

1. I don't shoot on site. I wouldn't open fire unless you shot at me first.

2. I have seen groups of bandits wearing camo, I havent seen groups of friendlies wearing camo

3. Yes pretty much everyone wants to wear camo- your point sums it up- if you want to stand out and look helpful then wearing camo will not help.

and it would be more useful in real life..but zombies would use enhanced smell and hearing more than site to be fair..

Finally, if your hunting bandits your pretty much a bandit.. :D

I have encountered many friendly groups wearing camo and i have heard many forum posts about groups who do only vigilante work. Search the forums, just about everyone wears camo.

"i hope you have good information and judge of character that you didnt kill innocents" Yes, this is exactly the problem, there is no way to know forcing players to spend hours and hours in a search to possibly witness a murder that wasn't for sure self defense. It's all i do and its fucking damn near impossible to do without wanting to kill yourself out of boredom.

If im hunting bandits im a bandit? Wha? im a vigilante who hunts murderers and i don't shoot unless people shoot at me.

3. How would they have enhanced hearing and smell? I don't see why they would and i hope they don't because difficult zombie AI combined with realistic sneaking mechanics could be very rewarding and believable, which is important to immersion, it would support our innate human instincts and in all likelihood "feel" right. Having zombie with super hearing would be annoying imo, like the Epoch servers i've tried, which put me off from playing the mod since it was so unbelievable to me. I've sprinted almost silently before, for example.

Immideately after.

Wow, wow now. That guy is obviously an expert, i'd like to hear from the genius who wrote that amazing post. This is my opportunity to  expand my knowledge.

Edited by Thane

I've been a firm believer and defender of the humanity skins, but I'm kind of divorcing myself from the humanity system.

We don't need black hats for the bad guys and white hats for the good guys.

We just need to keep our guard up and look at player behavior, rather than what they say. If someone says: "Friendly" while pointing a rifle at your head, black hat or white hat, he'll always only be a click away from killing you. If someone keeps a respectful distance to you and places his axe on his shoulder or lowers his fists, it's an indication of something less threatening. 

Still no matter what, you always have to be alert and ready to move.

We don't need black hats for the bad guys and white hats for the good guys.

We just need to keep our guard up and look at player behavior, rather than what they say. If someone says: "Friendly" while pointing a rifle at your head, black hat or white hat, he'll always only be a click away from killing you. If someone keeps a respectful distance to you and places his axe on his shoulder or lowers his fists, it's an indication of something less threatening. 

Still no matter what, you always have to be alert and ready to move.

That doesn't help people hunt murderers (and get free loot btw) like they do to us and it doesn't help us engage in PVP with "questionable rules of engagement" like so many others do without sending a few peaceful explorers back to the shore, something i hate the thought of. Having just grouped up with people for the first time last week, i'll add that i hate the thought of separating and group of "heroes" from each other as it can be a serious pain in the ass to get back together or ruin plans.

There shouldn't be good or bad guys in my opinion, just gray and gray. I think Ideally there would be 3 factions i think because that would allow for 2/3 of the server to be your KOS enemies and more targets too. Military/mercenary vs. bandit group vs. caught in the crossfire survivors. A man can dream...