Sign in to follow this  
Stylesz_Live

Teleported to the ocean by some hacker **** and now my char wont die..

Incorrect. There is a bug right now where you suddenly warp miles away from your current position, instantly and cannot even hit escape to exit.

Sounds like a big, not a hacker

I was with in a group of 5 tonight, traveling the coast road from prigorodki to elektro...4 times, as the group was rolling down the tracks, we were all simultaneously teleported back to the spot where we started, and our games froze requiring ctrl-alt-del to task manager to kill the game and restart.

If it was a hacker, he had to be pretty epic, because we went to a different server every time it happened. we assumed it was a bug, possibly something to do with hive congestion related to the experimental servers going up tomorrow. 110% guesswork here, but the possibility of it being a hacker never entered our minds.

Its

Alpha

Bitches!

That hefty rubberbanding is a bug. IMOH it if you travel more than ?2km? in 2 minutes the whole Thing locks up. Happend to me alot yesterday.

Incorrect. There is a bug right now where you suddenly warp miles away from your current position, instantly and cannot even hit escape to exit.

Incorrect.

What ur talking about is rubberbanding.

I was able to hit escape, move around, use stuff in my inventory.

Why dont u actualy read comments before u starting posting? Ty.

Edited by Stylesz_Live

I was with in a group of 5 tonight, traveling the coast road from prigorodki to elektro...4 times, as the group was rolling down the tracks, we were all simultaneously teleported back to the spot where we started, and our games froze requiring ctrl-alt-del to task manager to kill the game and restart.

If it was a hacker, he had to be pretty epic, because we went to a different server every time it happened. we assumed it was a bug, possibly something to do with hive congestion related to the experimental servers going up tomorrow. 110% guesswork here, but the possibility of it being a hacker never entered our minds.

Its

Alpha

Bitches!

That is rubberbanding, u get stuck, and cannot do anything.

This is not what happend at all tho, i was able to swim, eat, take off gear, and do pretty much anything.

And it only happend on 1 server.

I love how u can read sarcasm of typed words and know exactly in wich context i ment it without talking to me.

Hello there

No matter how "you" may have typed anything, if it comes across as insulting etc then that's not on. Not everyone can read your mind. Perhaps you need to be more clear. My post and advice still stands.

Or am I being sarcastic? See? Its not easy.

Be wary how you write. We are very lax here with what we let people get away with. Its not hard to be polite.

Rgds

LoK

I'm sorry but how is streamsniping cheating or unfair.  If I was in a real war and dumb enough to broadcast myself and my location on television you bet your sweet ass someone would take advantage of it.

isn't the rubber banding/teleport bug and getting dropped 2 miles out into the ocean two separate things?

EVERY time I have been hit by the BUG, I have snapped back to a place I was several minutes ago, usually after sprinting all out in one direction. In EVERY instance, I was teleported back to a place I was previously, in addition to not being able to move or press ESC, being forced to CTRL ALT DELETE out of the game.

Whereas these ocean teleports are people being sent out into the ocean, so far out that they cant see the coast (not somewhere anyone would have been to previously), and are still able to move, swim, and press ESC.

Frankly, I think that the ocean teleport is a script kiddie teleporting people for the lulz.

I'm sorry but how is streamsniping cheating or unfair.  If I was in a real war and dumb enough to broadcast myself and my location on television you bet your sweet ass someone would take advantage of it.

9358-open-challenge-daglar-picard-facepa

Its quite simple. You are using an exploit that does not exist within the game itself. If there was a live broadcast IN GAME (say you had a radio, and were listening in on the conversation of two other players, and used that information to figure out where they were, and what they were doing, that would be a different story).

The live stream is not an in game feature placed there by the devs. You are gaining information in a manner in which your opponent cannot also do.

I have yet to see anyone explain how this is ANY different from ESP/radar/wall hacks, minus the lack of an actual script.

I have yet to see anyone explain how this is anything other than malicious trolling.

Why do people feel the need to do this? Why do people feel the need to screw with streamers?

Its quite simple. You are using an exploit that does not exist within the game itself. If there was a live broadcast IN GAME (say you had a radio, and were listening in on the conversation of two other players, and used that information to figure out where they were, and what they were doing, that would be a different story).

The live stream is not an in game feature placed there by the devs. You are gaining information in a manner in which your opponent cannot also do.

I have yet to see anyone explain how this is ANY different from ESP/radar/wall hacks, minus the lack of an actual script.

I have yet to see anyone explain how this is anything other than malicious trolling.

Why do people feel the need to do this? Why do people feel the need to screw with streamers?

as a streamer myself, i would relish the opposition. hard to get with only a handful of viewers though :) and those viewers have actually joined me in game as opposed to hunting me down. preventing it would be easy enough though...show a placeholder scene in your stream until you load in past the server browser, or play the game with a different steam name than your stream name so people have a much harder time following you. i am new to the streaming thing so maybe there are other ways people can be malicious about it, but overall being stalked in game by a streamer is the last of my worries.

ESP/wallhacks are instantaneous/immediate advantages to the hacker in game. Following someones stream may show you where they were a minute ago, and unless the streamer is being verbose about his movement plans, you really never know where hes gonna go so its all a crapshoot. Wallhacks are live, right now, and give the hacker a decided unfair advantage.

Two totally different situations IMO.

Hello there

No matter how "you" may have typed anything, if it comes across as insulting etc then that's not on. Not everyone can read your mind. Perhaps you need to be more clear. My post and advice still stands.

Or am I being sarcastic? See? Its not easy.

Be wary how you write. We are very lax here with what we let people get away with. Its not hard to be polite.

Rgds

LoK

Hello,

Have you ever considerd the fact that not everyone here is from england/america and this language isent standard for everyone? 

Finding the right word in a diffrent language can be very challenging sometimes, especially when ur frustrated about something and some random kid starts about stuff that has nothing to do with the subject you posted.

There was 1 thread (wich has been removed) where i did cross the line when i posted a word that shouldent be on here, i can admit that. All the other post's we're in reply to someone that has either approached me with thinking they are god and they created this game, or just trying to taunt me, if i then reply with a little sarcasm thats still better then full out rage mode.

If you would have also adressed them in the same way as ur doing to me, then i wouldent have said a word and agreed with u totaly, but u dident. I came here to find information about what happend and a solution, not some random kid telling me that i might have done something wrong and what happend to me was justified, why dont u go talk to them as well? Why only me?

>>>>>My oppinion<<<<< I dunno who made u an admin or whatever its called, but you should realy take the time to read an entire post and who said what exactly b4 u start giving ur 'advice' on a subject, good admins do that, and they talk to everyone, not just 1 person who did something wrong in your eyes.

There is a saying where i am from;  Where there is smoke there is fire, if you understand that saying then u should know what i mean and not be so one directed with your comments and try to be fair to EVERYONE.

Thank you for your time.

Stylesz.

I think people jump the gun blaming this on cheaters and not bugs. A friend of mine was teleported in to the ocean and he re-logged immediately, he reappeared in the centre of the map just fine. If a cheater wanted to upset him by teleporting him to the ocean, why would said cheater then help my friend when he logged back in?

I generally appear at where i logged in at. However I notice that when I log in sometimes for a moment I see another location. There could be an entity or spawn origin issue that causes you to rubberand to the entity / spawn location. One of these locations (possibly a bug) could be in the ocean, or under the world. I say you may have fallen through the world because depending on the code the edge of the worldbox could behave like water, and you would most likely not be able to see the world depending on where the geometry is in relation to the worldbox.

TLDR: Maby you ran through a mountain. 

Why do people feel the need to screw with streamers?          

I dislike all those streamers. There are exeptions but most are just Attention whores.

If you have such a ego that you NEED to stream your shit gameplay and you enter a Environment like dayZ you deserv a bullet...thats all.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I can confirm this happened to me on sunday night randomly. I had to wait it out and die. It's a bug.

Hello,

<snip>

Stylesz.

Hello there

Nevertheless, you have been advised, I suggest you pay attention to that.

If you have an issue with my moderation please contact This mod.

Im not going to debate this further.

Rgds

LoK

I played arma2 since release day, and it is a known bug in warfare that you get teleported to left down corner of map with mhq on both chernarus and takistan. Have played dayz with my friends over 60-100 hrs and we get teleported atleast 2-4 times, playing each day for the last 2 weeks. but we always get teleported beck to a location we have been on earlyer, and not to the ocean. sometimes we get tp just a bit back, and other times maybe 1km, and we have to alt f4 out because of game gets locked..

Edited by ArmaDan

Hello there

Nevertheless, you have been advised, I suggest you pay attention to that.

If you have an issue with my moderation please contact This mod.

Im not going to debate this further.

Rgds

LoK

Thats realy all u gotte say? Not even 1 comment on what i said?? (becouse u damn well know am right) and then u threaten me again? lmao! thats all i can say to u now mate, lmfao.

Ill do whatever i please with ur advise.

Contact another mod?? Why are u insulting my intelligence now? U think i dunno about friend politics? ;)

Ill leave it at that, close the threat if that makes u feel happy, am not talking to you again, ur a terrible mod man.

Thats realy all u gotte say? Not even 1 comment on what i said?? (becouse u damn well know am right) and then u threaten me again? lmao! thats all i can say to u now mate, lmfao.

Ill do whatever i please with ur advise.

Contact another mod?? Why are u insulting my intelligence now? U think i dunno about friend politics? ;)

Ill leave it at that, close the threat if that makes u feel happy, am not talking to you again, ur a terrible mod man.

Contact me then...

• Like 1

Contact me then...

Just to make light off a difficult situation or step on any ones foot( puns intended) but damn there not working you hard enough if you have time to play negotiator here LOL

Seriously though loving ya work and the fact ya care enough to put your hand up  beans for you (not that you need them )

I dislike all those streamers. There are exeptions but most are just Attention whores.

If you have such a ego that you NEED to stream your shit gameplay and you enter a Environment like dayZ you deserv a bullet...thats all.

so much hate. i stream to show my friends who cant play, and to let my nephews watch. if you think that warrants a bullet, by all means feel free to streamsnipe me.

I've had my friend and myself with every zombie in the game be teleported into a single place, all with-in each other... it was very crazy stuff. happened twice, I was away to record it but then I died when it tried to happen the 3rd time.

Edited by MarcOwaR

Contact me then...

To do what? Tattletale? Nah am good.

Besides, ur here now right? So i guess he already did that for me ;)