Sign in to follow this  
NotFish

To my Guardian Angel (with a high-powered rifle)

So I was fresh spawned right near Balota, and I thought "Hey I've got nothing to lose, so why not sprint and grab whatever I can from around the airstrip?" Five minutes later and I was pretty well kitted. I had camo clothes, a bag full of food, a half full canteen and even a compass. I'd found a FNX45, but hadn't found any ammo for it yet. And the I turn a corner and find myself staring down the barrel of a very mean looking M4A1 (something about that bayonet attachment just makes it look terrifying up close).

It seemed I'd run into one of the rare bandits who prefer to hold up people rather than kill on sight as he told me to get on my knees and not move. Then he handcuffed me and took all my gear. Turn out he wasn't as honorable as I thought as he told me he intended to shot me, but didn't want to risk damaging my gear (at least he gave me a heads up, right? *sarcasm*) but first he decided to sift through all my gear for whatever he wanted to take.

So after having his pick of my stuff and leaving the rest on the ground, he took a few steps back and raised his gun, aiming right at my head. Feeling pretty cocky and powerful, he asked me if I had any last words. Being ever clever and quick witted I was about to respond with a hearty "Fuck you!" when, *BANG* A Mosin shot. And my captor drops dead. I waited for a good few minutes for the sniper to show himself (or herself), but no one appeared. Eventually I wiggled loose of the cuffs, took my stuff (and the bandit's) and was on my way.

So to my Mosin wielding Guardian Angel I say thank you for saving my ass.

• Like 16

I tend to hang around Solinichniy and do the same. Either distributing food and helping brand new players or killing bandits much in the same way this went down.

Spawned near Balota? Holy balls your lucky lol That's the biggest, amazing plot of the story. xD

I was playing on Rhinocrush's server. High ping, but its the highest profile server that actually has a decent population while I'm awake.

Spawned near Balota? Holy balls your lucky lol That's the biggest, amazing plot of the story. xD

I have done that a couple times, but the vast majority are on the east coast.

Uhm. May have been me. I was on a server earlier looking for bandits to snipe, saw someone with a pistol or something and another guy crouched next to him(It was at a VERY long distance, I wasn't really sure.) . I couldn't judge my range just as much as I had hoped, so I fired and hoped for the best and ended up killing one of them, before I ducked back down. After I ducked, I heard a gun shot from the roof to my left, so good thing that I did. I was up on the overwatch towers above balota at the time. Don't know if it was you or anything, or if this is just a coincidence :P