tenold

Spawning in the air!

I didn't even spawn, i was alive and well and proned behind a tree.

Suddenly i'm high up in the air falling to my death.

Oh, and this was not when logging on either. Just middle of the game, outta nowhere.

Date/Time: 7/2/2012

What happened: i was standing near Dolina, north of it by the dear stand, and got spawned straight into the air to my death...automatically. it was about a 100 foot fall.

Where you were: North of Dolina, by the dear stand.

What you were doing: i was standing near the front of a dear stand, i may have started running, but spawning a hundred feet in the air?

*Current installed version:1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: Dayz- Dallas 3 1.7.1.5/93825 HARDCORE Dayzmod.com hosted by: Reddit squad

*Your system specs: intel® Core2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00 GHz--4 GB RAM --Windows 7 32-bit--graphics card= ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series.

*Timeline of events before/after error: i had started about 5-10 minutes befroe it happened in the north part of dolina trying to meet a friend with a motor cycle. He was near the dea stand, and i headed towards there and stood there for a sec waiting, i saw him, went towards and suddenly ended up in the air and fell to my death.

Player ID:18416134

Date/Time: 7-2-2012/8-9 PM

What happened:I spawned in the air over a tree fell and broke my legs and got knocked out, slowly started sliding down the tree. Woke up fell maybe like 40-60 feet and died with 9000ish Blood.

Where you were: Was at the North East Airfield and spawned somewhere unknown.

What you were doing: Joining a server.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 w Latest patch

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle 134 or 136

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: Logged in/Walked to the North East Airfield/Watched over my friends looting/Left to join a different server/Joined a server/Fell and died

This happened to me near the military tents in Stary Sobor. I was proned near some trees and bushes.

I was server hopping at the time trying to find a daylight server. Logged in to a server spawned in the air and fell to my death. I was wearing a ghillie suit at the time, I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Is there a way of preventing this from happening? Is this a bug or configured on purpose? :(

Also just happened to me. This realy sucks. I mean dieing because of zombies or bandits is ok. But because of a bug realy sucks. Also i had a FN FAL ANPV S4. Let me quote the wiki here... "This weapon is the rarest find in the game"... not fired a single shot :(

I actually came in here to post this. I had awesome gear and was playing with a friend on LU15 and I spawned in and fell to my death. I'm really irritated about this, because it seems I can't play this game without dying in a stupid way and losing all my stuff.

Everytime I log into a server, I roll the dice to see if my shit has vanished, of if I'm going to be killed by a tree or falling down steps. Considering how much shit I had when I died this time, I think I'm going to step back from this game for a while until some of this stuff is fixed.

anyone tried d/c quickly before they hit the ground?

Todays forcast: its raining sniper rifles & nvg's.

I actually just tried to DC since AZ187 just experienced it and the menu actually locked up and wouldn't let me click abort as it was happening, so I dont know... This sucks though.. first time id had this happen to me. Next time ill try Alt+F4....

happened to me when i was stuffed with gear, switched server with friends, i spawn up in the air (i was inbetween a group of like 5 trees at that time)

i fell to my death, couldn't find my body where i should have spawned.

i think it could have been an older dayz patch the server was running.

i will stay away from these now.

@OP you are given the previlege to play this game, so you can actually find these bugs and report them.

thats the whole point in alpha testing. to find pewpew imba gear and pwn people comes second.

I had this happen last night as well. We had a home server on one of the Dallas servers. Something happened this weekend during the DDOS attacks and our server has gone down and there is no word when it will be returning.

So.. our group was trying to find a new home server. We like servers that don't have the mouse-wheel scroll feature that tags everything and gives you distances. It is like a fake range finder and feels cheap to us. Also wanted to find a server that was Inverse time, as we usually play after work as a group which means we are forced to always play at night. Wanted to find a server that allowed us to play during daylight hours when most of us were on.

So.. logged on to a number of servers, looking for one that was GMT +4 to +8 for west coast players and didn't have those tag rangefinder things on. Logged onto Seattle 47 and blammo.. thrown into the air and killed.

Sucked. I am not a server hopper for gear or anything, we just were trying to find a new place to call home since our server and all of our tents disappeared. I had been lying down in the woods north of Novy Sabor somewhere. Next thing I know, I am falling from the sky and it says I am at the airfield. Dead.

Seeing more people reporting this happening. Started over but this really needs to be investigated. I don't mind dying to a bullet or a zombie.. but thrown to your death because you logged on is pretty brutal.

Happened to me too... spawned in the air, near NW Airfield, fell to my death...

448608.jpg

happened here too. my team and all the players in the server died yesterday cause they fell from the air. very frustrating it took us so many hours of playing to end up like this!!! To killed by a bug. we were ready to make a camp and now all is gone.

stop server hop.

It is not server hop, all night i played on one server, on the next day i enter the same server and fall down. Now my tactics: Save game on very open field, respawn with finger on power button (i think in this case Hard reset cheat is allowed). But... From time i start saving on very open field i don't fall down, even if got Ghillie suit.

EDIT: How to use Alt + f4? I tried but only comms menu appears...

This has happened to me twice; both times my body wasn't recoverable. Oddly enough, I was near the same location each time.

Happened to me also. I was near the ATV spawn northwest of the NW airfield.

I logged out to get a drink then logged onto an alanta server, as I logged in I was in the air and I fell to my death.

Im pretty pissed mainly because of my M107 and the Ghillie suit I had found 30 mins prior and my Bison SD with 7 mags but w/e shit happens.

I really hope this gets fixed.

(also when I made my way to my body around 20-45 mins after death it was not there)

I didnt spawn in the air but I spawned in the wilderness with a ton of other players around me, some on the ground some standing, 2 female the rest were male, around 15 people in an empty field.... I respawned to reset and lost everything ofcourse

I just spawned into a server, fell and got two broken bones. As a result, trapped in wilderness. Used my drugs but still couldn't walk. If this can't be fixed directly, why not just have a spawn invulnerability for a few seconds. Anyway, lost my character. Was pointless trying to continue. Spent hours scavenging weapons and food and it ended like this - cruel and unfair... like another poster, I will leave it till something is done about these serious bugs.

Yeah I died too, was on UK105, just joined and spawned about 10 metres in the air.

Happened to me last night, I died, then saw the entire rest of the server dying for the next 30 seconds as they tried to create new characters and died. Lost some good stuff, but my next character ended up finding some nice stuff, so no huge deal but was a bummer way to die. :|

same thing to me, i was switching repeatedly from a serv to another and after 2-3 switch, my char poped in the mid air :D