tenold

Spawning in the air!

Date/Time: 01:00 Am 23-06-12

What happened: I was changing server so i log off on one server and when i logged on another server i spawned in the air and fell to my death.

Where you were: I was in one of the hangars near the north-east airfield.

What you were doing: I was changing server.

*Timeline of events before/after error: I log off a server and log on one another. When i spawned in i spawned in the air and fell to my death.

yeh happened to me..when i was way up north with good gear.. i just spawned in the fucken air, and died. i certainly did not log out in the air.

Tenold, were you wearing a camo suit/ghillie suit? my buddy sais it is linked to wearing suits. i had a ghillie on.

i lost everything i searching many many hours, best stuff, other thing has been shooted, but this is stupid death...

Yeah this just happened to me too. Was at NW Airfield when I logged out, semi-close to some trees. Logged back in and fell from the sky to my death. My NVGs, nooooo.

Running latest beta patch and 1.7.1.5.

i got idea, someone got it on open field? i got it two times, but close to tree and once to powerline.

Same just happened to me.

Date/Time:

26/06/2012 ~11:00pm GMT+10 (AEST)

***What happened:

I logged in to FI 3 in the air and fell to my death.

***Where you were:

Just outside the NEAF on a hill near a tree. At least before the bug.

What you were doing:

Just about to run into the NEAF. Was relogging.

***Current installed version:

@DayZ v1.7.1.5; beta patch v1.60.0.93965

***Server(s) you were on:

LA 8

FI 3

***Your system specs:

i5 2500K, 8gb drr3, 250gb SSD, ATI 5850HD

***Timeline of events before/after error:

-Check loot at NEAF + kill some zombugs

-Head up hill and drop shit on floor to make room to loot

-Head down hill a bit

-Eat beans

-Remember the eating noise bug

-Log out to LA 8 lobby

-Try to log back in and it hangs on creating

-Try again and fail

-Exit all the way out of the Server to the main lobby

-Try again and fail

-Log on to some random server I don't remember, it works

-Try to log onto LA 8 again

-See debug plains and some birds on my screen as it receives data

-Hangs on creating again

-Give up and try FI 3

-Can't find body

Bye bye L85 CWS and M4 SD. Second time this bug happened to me, too (last time I believe it happened just like that, except I put on a ghillie suit and lost an AS50 and M4 SD instead).

Hope this helps, devs.

i got idea' date=' someone got it on open field? i got it two times, but close to tree and once to powerline.

[/quote']

i logged out infront of a single house while standing on an open field yesterday, yes. no trees or powerlines nearby. when i logged in on another server i was able to notice that i didnt spawn in the same area like i logged out before. instead i spawned on top of a tree which had a stone wall nearby and then fell to death. iam absolutely 100% sure that there was no stone wall in view range when i logged out before and that there was no tree nearer than at least 200m. plus the house i saw when i logged it wasnt there anymore - that means i was spawned in a whole different position in comparison to that i logged out before.

Same thing happened to me as well not long ago, near NW airfield, spawned in mid air and fell to death, lost my giant coyete bag, m16 with 7 clips, over 10 food and water, map, and lots of other stuff as well! Couldn't find my body again. Please fix this soon! Happened the third time today for me =(

Happened to me as well confirmed. I just managed to abort about a foot in the air to avoid a bugged death.

Sounds like you were all server hopping when this happened ;] I did read a post Rocket had made about logging in and out too frequently... if the main server thinks your abusing it it will kill your character. I'm not sure if this was removed or not.

Sounds like you were all server hopping when this happened ;] I did read a post Rocket had made about logging in and out too frequently... if the main server thinks your abusing it it will kill your character. I'm not sure if this was removed or not.

Yeah I wondered about something similar. I was swapping amongst seattle servers to find a night time one with a friend. Didn't change much at all though, but I did make sure to stay close to the trees so I wouldn't be spotted as soon as I logged in. Seems being overly paranoid about losing my NVGs is what lost them for me. =D

I don't think it has so much to do with server hopping as something going wrong with the "creating character" process. I hop servers very frequently, sometimes I might jump on a server for only ten seconds, find out it's pitch black then jump out.

I'm more worried about the birds I saw when receiving data.

If, somehow, people are turning into birds then they are probably being spawned in the air because, ya know, birds fly. Then the server might flip out and throw people in the debug zone.

Date/Time: 27/06/2012 6:50pm GMT+10

What happened: Logged into server Dallas 53, heard crunch and saw killed message while still on loading screen. First thing I see after black loading screen is death screen. It then auto respawned me in wilderness with nothing but alice pack and a few items in it. Note, it did not ask me to choose character sex again like it would if you had died normally and respawned.

Where you were: In crane cabin at Berenzino.

What you were doing: Logging in.

Current installed version: v1.7.1.5 94103. First login since beta update.

Server(s) you were on: Dallas 53

Timeline of events before/after error: Was trying to login to ANZ servers for some night time looting however they are all incorrectly named in regards to timezone. UTC +10 servers were 2pm instead of 6pm. UTC +2 servers were light too.

just happenedt to me too, logged out and logged back in mid air and fell to my death...:( good thing im placed my m107 back in my tent right before logging out

has rocket said anyhing about this bug?

Date/Time: 2012-06-30 21:20 UTC/GMT +2 hours

What happened: Logged in scorescreen came up, spawned where i logged out without any gear.

disconnected tried another server, spawned mid air fell to my death.

Where you were: Old field/Prud

What you were doing: Changing server after updating arma2 beta patch to ARMA2_OA_Build_94364 then logged on to server with 94364

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 / ARMA2_OA_Build_94364

*Server(s) you were on: US 104, Dallas 22 or some Dallas server.

I had ghillie too, and was looking for a GMT+10 server

I agree with this, as it seems to happen when I'm logging out and into servers to often(Such as when it is night time).

I think you are right.

This happened to me as well when i was looking for a server that was on night time to use my newly aquired NVG's. Spawned in the air in the woods west of Myshkino, when my original position was the woods north-east of Polana, but i survived the landing somehow. :)

same to me, kinda shitty system, should fix all these servers having fake times instead

Date/Time: just about 10-15 min ago

What happened: logged in and spawned 50-100 m in the air on eu 7, more info below

Where you were: factory south of berzhino

What you were doing: looking through servers to find a moderatly populated night one (server name's times are never correct)

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 / ARMA2_OA_Build_94364

*Server(s) you were on: Eu7

timeline of event: i logged in to eu7 after having been on DE15 or somthing but disconnecting after 5-10 seconds due to being day. When i spawn in EU7 i spawn about 50-100 meters in the air in a unknown forest. I disconnect as i touch the ground but isnt fast enough and im in a new char as i log in. i ask a friend to connect to the same server as he logged out on the same spot. But my body isnt there.

this thing is really stupid, as finding populated night veteran servers is next to impossible

Did any of you have starting clothes on when this happened? I've spawned in the air twice now, but both times I had on new skins. First time it was camo. Second time it was Ghillie. Think it might be related to wearing skins. But please reply with what you had on when it happened!

after hitting respawn button i spawned under the building,couldnt get out so i died again..