Sign in to follow this  
colbykid

Time in game

I think time in game should be: 12 hours in game = 24 hours in real life. So we can have more night time.

I think night time is awesome, we can make a fire camp, tell our story for partner, find some house to stay...

Nightime is irrevelatn becouse only people that have nvg or gamma exploit play it.

Unless you are on role play server.

Top right corner. There's a search function.

This has been suggested so many times before.

Nightime is irrevelatn becouse only people that have nvg or gamma exploit play it.

Gamma exploit? Its not an exploit when you can just change the settings.It was in the mod and will be in SA. Get over it

Gamma exploit? Its not an exploit when you can just change the settings.It was in the mod and will be in SA. Get over it

It is an exploit, google what it means then talk. It's not intended to do that, and Bohemia can't figure out how to fix it, it seems.

• Like 1

This sums up in one hit what is wrong with gamers today. If its not an exploit do you keep the game at the same settings for the day time or do you lower them back ??

If you lower them back then my friend its an exploit those settings are in the game to allow people to set it right for there screen thats 1 setting not 1 for day one for night you really think the developers intended you to change your setting when game time passes and it goes dark if that was intended they most likely wouldnt have a night time at all.....

• Like 2

It is an exploit, google what it means then talk. It's not intended to do that, and Bohemia can't figure out how to fix it, it seems.

Many games give you the option of turning up the gamma. If I simply just have to turn something up then its not an exploit. I like it the way it currently is and would hope that is doesn't get fixed. 

Learning about that gamma exploit kinda ruined nighttime playing for me, since I don't want to use it myself, but I can never be sure who out there does. So it is strictly daytime for me. Makes looting airfields and military bases a bit more challenging as well. 

• Like 5

This sums up in one hit what is wrong with gamers today. If its not an exploit do you keep the game at the same settings for the day time or do you lower them back ??

If you lower them back then my friend its an exploit those settings are in the game to allow people to set it right for there screen thats 1 setting not 1 for day one for night you really think the developers intended you to change your setting when game time passes and it goes dark if that was intended they most likely wouldnt have a night time at all.....

Sorry but I am not going to be the idiot with a flashlight giving away my exact position. Don't like it then play a different game.

Sorry but I am not going to be the idiot with a flashlight giving away my exact position. Don't like it then play a different game.

Ah so instead of using the intended light source of the developer ( how good it is is another topic entirely) you prefer to use an exploit doesnt worry me i most likely played dayz before you started(may 2012) and most likely will still be playing after you have moved on to another game it worries me little that your skills at the game lack bad enough for you to use an exploit.

Ill happily play knowing you use an exploit i just hope you remember it when you out telling people how hardcore you are on dayz seriously i dare you to show ya dayz skills in a youtube video with night time play i want to read the comments you get.......

I agree that seeing the sunset sometimes would be nice.

Or starting 10 to 60 min before sunrise.

I think people that turn up the gamma shouldn't play DayZ because they obviously don't get it.

Nighttime is ruined for me as well, which is sad, because the nighttime in DayZ is extremely realistic IMO!

At least take away the gamma option in game.

It doesn't matter what the dev's do really, people will just adjust the gamma elsewhere.

Ah so instead of using the intended light source of the developer ( how good it is is another topic entirely) you prefer to use an exploit doesnt worry me i most likely played dayz before you started(may 2012) and most likely will still be playing after you have moved on to another game it worries me little that your skills at the game lack bad enough for you to use an exploit.

Ill happily play knowing you use an exploit i just hope you remember it when you out telling people how hardcore you are on dayz seriously i dare you to show ya dayz skills in a youtube video with night time play i want to read the comments you get.......

dude, why do you antagonize EVERY single person i see in these forums about how they play the damn game... it's seriously just a game, i think you might have a screw loose or something because you're really not as "hardcore" as you might think, man.

lol turning your gamma up doesnt even do that much ....

dude, why do you antagonize EVERY single person i see in these forums about how they play the damn game... it's seriously just a game, i think you might have a screw loose or something because you're really not as "hardcore" as you might think, man.

LOL never do i state i am hardcore( i have expressed an interest in playing the game as intended by the developers strange they try to make an anti game not for everyone. even in playing a mod of the game made harder , i dont really believe anyone is hardcore for playing a game but many think they are..)

as for antagonizing people yeah some i do some desrve it some do it to me lol it is a game and we are here to discuss how its played.

Does this mean you are for using exploits?? as i stated i dont care if anyone decides to play using exploits as long as they know it lol.

When someone states an exploit isnt one then comes with the hardcore answer of maybe dayz isnt for you or play another game it makes me laugh i like to turn what they are saying back on themselves.

Do you feel i am antagonizing you with this post ??? You are antoganizing me with i have a screw loose ( you may be right lol thats another debate)

But i wonder do you see the irony of acussing someone of antagonizing people by posting something that antagonizes them ..

So tell me how tight are your screws??? ( a question not an insult there is a fine line between implying something and just outright stating it)

Now i am off to antagonize someone else yeah.....

EDIT i may have used irony wrong there being hypocritical may fit better but then i would have to read all your posts to see if there all admonishing people for things. Oh you would need to read all my posts to support your posted point and if you did you would find your wrong id say half are in direct conflict with people.

As stated we are here to discuss the game how its played its development if no one says anything against what they feel is wrong then well that usually doesnt end well in real life..

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Players who need to turn up the gamma are just bad players.  Does it ruin the game?  Yes it does because those players can easily see another player who doesn't turn up their gamma and it's a clear advantage.  

Solution:  Stop being bad and learn how to play the game as it was meant to be.  :D

Not true.  Nighttime with a clear sky and a full moon is a really fun time to play.  I miss the servers being set to their actual local time.  Was a neat feature.

It is an exploit BTW, and it makes the game look like shit.  What I really miss are road flares.

Edited by AlfalphaCat
  • Like 2

lol turning your gamma up doesnt even do that much ....

Doesn't do much? Take a look at this video, which is an excellent example of the gamma exploit: 

Now compare it to the almost pitch black of default settings as evidenced in a video made by a non-exploiter:

It could as well have been bright sunshine in that first video. Now think about what happens when these kind of players run into regular non-exploiting players during nighttime. The advantage they get would be comparable to the advantage someone using an aimbot or wallhack would get.

• Like 3

Doesn't do much? Take a look at this video, which is an excellent example of the gamma exploit: 

Now compare it to the almost pitch black of default settings as evidenced in a video made by a non-exploiter:

It could as well have been bright sunshine in that first video. Now think about what happens when these kind of players run into regular non-exploiting players during nighttime. The advantage they get would be comparable to the advantage someone using an aimbot or wallhack would get.

Yup. As I said only people that will play at night will be noobs, people with nvg and gamma exploiters.

Night time will be good only for role play servers.

Yup. As I said only people that will play at night will be noobs, people with nvg and gamma exploiters.

Night time will be good only for role play servers.

To be fair, if NVG's were actually put in the game it's not necessarily a noob thing.  Go look for a pair during the day so you can even out the playing field. 

To be fair, if NVG's were actually put in the game it's not necessarily a noob thing.  Go look for a pair during the day so you can even out the playing field. 

I was thinking about people that will play at night without nvg or gamma exploiting.

I was thinking about people that will play at night without nvg or gamma exploiting.

Well that is their choice.  If the tools, not including the gamma exploit, were implemented into the game then it's on the players whether or not to use them.  

Nighttime solution:

Lock Gamma after allowing to change it 2 times. This should give you the option to change it to what you like, and test it ingame. After that, locked.

Have a big warning message that sais YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE IT 1/2 MORE TIMES.

I only like nighttime when the moon illuminates everything a bit, but i know players who like the utter blackness. (Hi KoS) So allow servers with moonless nights always, and servers with moon nights always.

Edited by Greaves
  • Like 2

Lock Gamma.

It is still possible to up gamma in video card settings.

It is still possible to up gamma in video card settings.

Well fuck. No clue as to how they could solve that.

Edited by Greaves