Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

Next patch: a big one?

Hopefully you guys are working on some serious optimization and zombie AI! Not being impatient but with the big gap between the up and coming patch and the last one (8 days) i'm expecting something big! 

What are people hoping for next? 

• Like 2

i am really hoping for more guns. and a few of the bugs fixed, you know the one that kills you as you climb a ladder or the one that wipes your guy of all his gear if the server you join gets full as you just in. we cant forget about the horrible melee action especially in buildings.

but i am not looking for much :)

The ladder and balcony bugs need attention...vehicles would be top of my wishlist, it's a pain the arse running around all the time

I would be happy if they would just fix the desync and combat logging/ server hopping issues.

Some new weapons would be nice though.  :D

• Like 4

Well I dont think we should get our Hopes up I dont think they're going to do sh.t :(

Well I dont think we should get our Hopes up I dont think they're going to do sh.t :(

Aww, don't be so negative! Dean gave an unofficial time frame of about 6 months before they start getting "really ambitious...i mean, real ambitious"

I would also really like to see some bikes added in soon. But before that can happen the desync issue MUST be addressed. Can you imagine riding a bike for a minute and a half just to find you're still a sitting duck in a field somewhere?

• Like 1

JGDmV9a.png

Now before people get moist, it doesn't mention server hopping (a real annoyance for me just now) or ghosting, but you'd expect if they don't they'll at least leave the hooks in for later.

Thing is, though, Rocket has been in NZ for since NY and only just back in the office (I believe, or is just about to return, one of the two. I'm not sure as I don't stalk the poor guy), so the "delay" is just down to him having a holiday.

I would be happy as shit with a shotgun added. No clue what will be in though. I am thinking hunting/cooking is soon though. But probably just working out a few more of the bugs before they add anything else.

• Like 1

vehicles or at least a bicycle are needed the most

also tents

yeah lets test them right now

Vehicles won't be coming for a while I think, I do agree that Bicycles are pretty much a neccesity though and would love to see them in the game as soon as possible.

Tents however, I actually think that the game is better off without tents right now, people are focusing way too much on loot hording as it is, if you add tents you'll just have people who make server hopping into a full time job and try to fill up hundreds of tents near Elektro in some password protected server. I honestly would like to see database wipes performed semi-regularly until the server hopping situation is resolved. The game was a lot more fun in the first two days of the early access release when only one person in ten had an M4 + 400 rounds.

• Like 2

Aww, don't be so negative! Dean gave an unofficial time frame of about 6 months before they start getting "really ambitious...i mean, real ambitious"

I would also really like to see some bikes added in soon. But before that can happen the desync issue MUST be addressed. Can you imagine riding a bike for a minute and a half just to find you're still a sitting duck in a field somewhere?

Well I've been spending My Hours to Get out of the Solnichy And Getting Teleported I know DayZ SA Gonna be a Good game but It aint gonna happen now I think Game still needs Couple Years to be Playable.

I would be happy as shit with a shotgun added. No clue what will be in though. I am thinking hunting/cooking is soon though. But probably just working out a few more of the bugs before they add anything else.

Id be down for the shotgun just so I can stop finding shells with no purpose.

• Like 2

holy shit it's been 8 days since an update. how dare they.

Not being impatient but..

yes you are.

just because they sold a lot doesn't = faster game making.

• Like 4

as long as they do patches to fix bugs i could care less about weapons. whats the use in having a gun when you dsync out every ten seconds. th eone item i want though above all else is a tent thats it.not to horde stuff but when running with a group it would be nice to have gear for my comrades.

• Like 1

Vehicles won't be coming for a while I think, I do agree that Bicycles are pretty much a neccesity though and would love to see them in the game as soon as possible.

Tents however, I actually think that the game is better off without tents right now, people are focusing way too much on loot hording as it is, if you add tents you'll just have people who make server hopping into a full time job and try to fill up hundreds of tents near Elektro in some password protected server. I honestly would like to see database wipes performed semi-regularly until the server hopping situation is resolved. The game was a lot more fun in the first two days of the early access release when only one person in ten had an M4 + 400 rounds.

if you want an experience like you described above try an experimental server they usually only respawn once a day if not longer. was on one yesterday and it was barren of food loot weapons etc,had to really scavange to survive thought i was actually going to starve to death which i havn't died from yet.no server hoppers no combat logging but the only catch is you start as a fresh spawn everytime you join and if you quit or obviously die its reset.(you public server character is seperate though so don't worry about losing your fully geared guy) and for those that have dsync issues there is none. hope you guys give it a try if you like your dayz as hard as possible. goodluck

People are starting to freak out about updates. It's only been what, 8 days since a patch came out. Don't see a reason to start headbutting against a wall and to start talking about the next update being a big one.

recent updates have been pretty small, since ive been playing very little has changed. not being expecting or demanding but it would be cool to get a nice big fat patch for once.

is a boom stick too much to ask for?

People are starting to freak out about updates. It's only been what, 8 days since a patch came out. Don't see a reason to start headbutting against a wall and to start talking about the next update being a big one.

The only headbutting I see on this forum are the constant remarks like this..

I honestly, honestly, can't for the life of me understand how so much of the community (or possibly just a very vocal minority) thinks the devs should waste their time trying to fix server hopping, when server hopping in itself is a symptom of loot not being dynamic yet.

Combat logging, yeah that's a big issue that needs to be addressed, but you're mad because someone joined your server by the phat lewtz you were trying to take and killed you.People just need to stop being bad, when you hear the magazine reloading sound, gtfo. Stop hanging around military bases longer than you need to (honestly, how long does it take you to loot that this is a persistent issue?)

How do you know that guy was a server hopper anyway, maybe he (and possibly his friends) logged out there earlier. You have no way of knowing who killed you, so you're just making assumptions anyway.

The people whining about server hoppers are just as bad as the people whining about KoS, shut up and let the dev team work on fixing the real problems.

Edit: that's not to say that ghosting isn't a issue, it is, and the fix to that would be a lock out, if you leave a server A and join server B, you're not able to rejoin server A for some amount of time, say 5 minutes.

Edited by Alpha Cowboy
  • Like 5

Dean said it himself that he doesn't plan to hit beta until the end of 2014 so I wouldn't expect to see huge updates and patches every week or so.

How do you know that guy was a server hopper anyway, maybe he (and possibly his friends) logged out there earlier.

They don't, obviously. People just like to assume the worst so they feel justified blasting the living shit out of everyone they see without actually admitting that that's what they do. "Server hopper! Get him!"

It's impossible to actually tell the difference between a server hopper and someone who just happens to be logging in there for their daily play session, but don't tell people that. They love to fancy themselves Heroes saving the world from server hoppers rather than admitting that probably 50% of the time their just straight murdering someone shortly after login.

Dean said it himself that he doesn't plan to hit beta until the end of 2014 so I wouldn't expect to see huge updates and patches every week or so.

Uhh, that's exactly WHY we should expect to see huge updates and patches often. If they're that far out from Beta, then they should be making massive changes constantly and huge strides forward on basic functionality and new features.

As Beta approaches, changes should become smaller and less frequent, because the game will be closer to done.

If it takes more than a couple weeks between major patches, then Beta in 2014 sure as Hell isn't going to happen.

I honestly, honestly, can't for the life of me understand how so much of the community (or possibly just a very vocal minority) thinks the devs should waste their time trying to fix server hopping, when server hopping in itself is a symptom of loot not being dynamic yet.

Combat logging, yeah that's a big issue that needs to be addressed, but you're mad because someone joined your server by the phat lewtz you were trying to take and killed you.People just need to stop being bad, when you hear the magazine reloading sound, gtfo. Stop hanging around military bases longer than you need to (honestly, how long does it take you to loot that this is a persistent issue?)

How do you know that guy was a server hopper anyway, maybe he (and possibly his friends) logged out there earlier. You have no way of knowing who killed you, so you're just making assumptions anyway.

The people whining about server hoppers are just as bad as the people whining about KoS, shut up and let the dev team work on fixing the real problems.

Edit: that's not to say that ghosting isn't a issue, it is, and the fix to that would be a lock out, if you leave a server A and join server B, you're not able to rejoin server A for some amount of time, say 5 minutes.

Good form, bad end answer. 30 second logout (think of going to sleep) penalty and another couple of minutes for server logon and you're fixed, i say. Sweeps both loggers and hoppers in the most logical fashion.