jsb010393 (DayZ)

is there a teleporting hack in sa ? because i swear i just got killed by a teleporter

Yup both those hacks are out there, using the RV2 Engine was a big mistake

• Like 1

yeah that was bullshit what just happened, i was looking to die anyway cuz i was bored and wanted to possibly team up with someone and get geared again. it would of been nice to have a firefight with a legit player.

Edited by jsb010393

Yeah it's pretty bad that a lot of players seem to confuse online games with some kind of cheat-o-lympics.

• Like 5

Yeah it's pretty bad that a lot of players seem to confuse online games with some kind of cheat-o-lympics.

Can't blame them when its this easy to cheat, B.I/Rocket took the easy way out when they used the RV2 engine and we get to deal with all the scripters because of it.

Why did they use the RV2 engine anyway? Why not the RV3? Well, I know that the price would increase but, a more recently developed engine would help no?

Why did they use the RV2 engine anyway? Why not the RV3? Well, I know that the price would increase but, a more recently developed engine would help no?

Because it took how many years to give us a barebones deathmatch on the  same engine the mod basicly used? 

Edited by Gerandar

Make no mistake, there is a boatload of hacking currently going on.  I've encountered MANY hackers so far -- most of them are using teleport and equipment spawn hacks.  It's really fun to kill hackers and have them show up again 5 minutes later with a complete set of the same equipment, then kill them again ... it probably makes them want to rage-quit. :)

Make no mistake, there is a boatload of hacking currently going on.  I've encountered MANY hackers so far -- most of them are using teleport and equipment spawn hacks.  It's really fun to kill hackers and have them show up again 5 minutes later with a complete set of the same equipment, then kill them again ... it probably makes them want to rage-quit. :)

Heh, maybe they're using the gear dupe exploit? Have a back up clone somewhere maybe if they get killed? ;P

Good thing I haven't encountered a hacker. Don't want my day ruined by a person that is a loser and must rely on hacks. This is why I join protected official servers.

Edited by AntonioAJC

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........

Another post calling script kiddies and .exe loaders "hackers."

They are CHEATERS, people.  Let's get that straight please.

• Like 1

Once again, you have seen no hacking and no hacking is going on.  People are cheating and exploiting by changing their .ini files or loading scripts / .exes.  Nobody is hacking anything. 

Sorry for the rants on the semantics between cheaters and hackers, but there is a serious difference between the two and it's a huge annoyance when people call no-life script kiddies and people who buy cheats "hackers."

Edited by Mdogg2005

You are crusading over such minor detail presumably so they don't receive some kind of undue credit. Regardless of terminology there appears to be an influx of cheating going on and it needs to be figured out how/what's happening and dealt with.

• Like 1

Because it took how many years to give us a barebones deathmatch on the  same engine the mod basicly used? 

Umm.. The RV engine was never meant to be a deathmatch engine. If you want a game with a great deathmatch engine, you're looking in the wrong place.

RV3 is ArmA3, right. That engine is still in active development. I'm still subscribed to the dev channel for that and we're still getting daily patches to content and to the core engine. If DayZ had gone for that engine, they'd be spending most of their time playing catch up with changes in the engine and no time on actually producing the game. Do I think DayZ in RV3 would be better. Yes! Just the stance adjustment alone would be worth it for me. Explanation here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vrbzNYEwM#t=2m38s

Now, honestly. Who wouldn't want that!

Edited by DJPorterNZ

You must be some sort of hacker slayer. Are you the one that the prophecy foretold will show up and save all bambies?  

• Like 1

You are crusading over such minor detail presumably so they don't receive some kind of undue credit. Regardless of terminology there appears to be an influx of cheating going on and it needs to be figured out how/what's happening and dealt with.

Not really a minor detail if you consider yourself a hacker and are put in the same group with people who are not hacking at all.

Hacking is trying to understand how something works - usually by manipulating the system. Cheaters are just abusing the system and don't know what they are actually doing.

Not really a minor detail if you consider yourself a hacker and are put in the same group with people who are not hacking at all.

Hacking is trying to understand how something works - usually by manipulating the system. Cheaters are just abusing the system and don't know what they are actually doing.

I respectfully disagree due to the context of this post. If we want to clarify the distinction between the two (which I'm fully aware of the differences) we shouldn't derail a thread over it. Let's save that for a PSA. The purpose of my post is to re-rail the thread that's purpose is to identify a growing problem/concern of the community.

Here's a link to a streamer that experienced what the OP posted about: http://www.twitch.tv/dumbnewb/c/3456166

Heh, maybe they're using the gear dupe exploit? Have a back up clone somewhere maybe if they get killed? ;P

Good thing I haven't encountered a hacker. Don't want my day ruined by a person that is a loser and must rely on hacks. This is why I join protected official servers.

I considered that, but the fact that he was back to a very specific location that wasn't a 2 minute run from ANY spawn point makes me certain it was a teleport hack.

Regarding the whole hacking vs cheating symantics -- it doesn't really matter what we call it for the sake of this thread because everyone knows what we're talking about it.

Edited by Caelib

I actually havent played in a few days (because of the last thing that happened to me). First I was killed being thrown out of a second story wall (lag glitch wasn't worries so much, its alpher), upon respawn I found me an axe, a pack, and some other sundries. Then I was going to run to Berizino, ran past Factory and was about half way there when I was 'rubberbanded' back to factory. Right in front of a guy, or behind him, he was in front of me. I panicked and killed him. Not saying this is what happened to OP, but something similar is a possibility.

im tired of you dipshits bitching about hacks, maybe you just blow cock at the game? get over yourselves you nerds

im tired of you dipshits bitching about hacks, maybe you just blow cock at the game? get over yourselves you nerds

FSAtoBG.gif

Hi boneboys

• Like 2

If it's legitmate than it can happen to anyone recoil, how about you just relax... If your tired of it, go grab a beer and play the game. Or since you've shown an interest in the topic by clicking on what your tired of stop doing that. Both solutions should fix your issue.

• Like 1

there are teleport hacks(scripts) and speed hacks(scripts) and many other types of scripted cheating ways although at current state there are alot desync problems which can make someone appear to be using these when they arent the vanish re apear move strangely fast all because your desynced.....

Now about RV3 hmm to late to go use that engine ( and there has been some solid reasons not to .

But yes incremental stances would be awesome and i hope rocket indeed does add these to the game which is possible they are still at base the same engine just had more work done to them . He is adding ragdoll( well is in his list to add) which is a feature of rv3 i am sure if enough of us want it and he wants it to no reason we cant see incremental stances.

Lets not forget he has already used a decent number of assets from the newer version of the rv engine..

Most people does not make diffrences, stop being some kind of grammar police, it is just pathetic, if you know the diffrences, then good for you.

But you cant change the world.

• Like 2