Named Geezer

Is there a way to clear server history

You know, after trying a bunch times I couldn't figure it out either. Nothing when I google it.

stop server hopping

A long server history doesn't necessarily mean server hopping. I never server hop, but I play on a lot of different servers. I actually don't think I've played on the same server more than one time.

• Like 1

stop server hopping

You are ignorant. In one month of play I have gone between many different servers. Especially the first week when there were so many problems with servers...I think I had already filled it up by the second or third day. Also going to play with friends tends to make you jump around from one to another the next day. Now we've settled on 4 1st person servers that we will choose dependent on which one is populated and/or working well. You know some days servers are just not doing well for whatever reason. 

Or you are a troll, 

I would like to clear mine out too. I am trying to go through my history to find servers that I liked, but there are so many in my history I'm finding it hard to track down the right ones.

Not gonna try it, but it seems all the ip's are saved in the net.txt file inside steamapps/common/dayz/...maybe deleting that would clear it? (do a steam validation after if you're gonna try)

search for 'open' and you should get a line like:

5038.233: Ch(6):open(xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx <-> 255.255.255.255:0) 5038.234: Pe(3):succ(xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx)

That's all I'm going on...

Edited by phlOgistOn

yeah bump for history clear.. i server hop.. no shame here.. i get geared up faster and i get to kill more bambis for lulz..

I want my history cleared because sometimes i want to remember what server i hopped and avoid them as to not hop it twice and wasting my precious bambi killing time.. 

it's not helpful when my history list is as long as the internet list because you know.. like your mother.. we get around..

yeah bump for history clear.. i server hop.. no shame here.. i get geared up faster and i get to kill more bambis for lulz..

I want my history cleared because sometimes i want to remember what server i hopped and avoid them as to not hop it twice and wasting my precious bambi killing time.. 

it's not helpful when my history list is as long as the internet list because you know.. like your mother.. we get around..

vulgarity is no substitute for wit. And insults aimed at parentage are not welcome here. go away troll

Can you try deleting the following file and reporting back?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID >\7\remote\serverbrowser_hist.vdf

Note: This appears to also clear your favorites

You can also open this file in Notepad+ if you ever lose a server as the servers are sorted in order where as the in-game history sorts by ping.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

I would love to see a time last played on there. Annoying when your server resets and you can't remember the name. It's usually a m ore or less empty one but with so many servers it doesn't always narrow it down enough.

• Like 2

Can you try deleting the following file and reporting back?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID >\7\remote\serverbrowser_hist.vdf

Note: This appears to also clear your favorites

You can also open this file in Notepad+ if you ever lose a server as the servers are sorted in order where as the in-game history sorts by ping.

Thank you very much for your input, yes this does clear the server history As well as Server Favorites that I can live with for now. Thank you.

If the server is sorting the history by ping ...no wonder I could not make head nor tail of the order as ping is not a constant.

You siad "You can also open this file in Notepad+ if you ever lose a server as the servers are sorted in order "

so the last entry would be the last server you were on ...and so forth?

so the last entry would be the last server you were on ...and so forth?

I believe so, only tested it with a couple of servers though.

• Like 1

I believe so, only tested it with a couple of servers though.

Excellent!  I'll have a play with it, thank you very much....you Sir have my beans :)