Sign in to follow this  
Ymath

Player Badges

Give players badges (Like achievements, but not) for things like "Killed 1000 zombies" "Alive for 1 week in game" "Gave 50 Blood bags" "Killed 100 players" ect.

These would be tiny little icons displayed next to your name in the player list screen.

Obviously you should be able to choose whether or not you want these visible. To prevent screen clutter you should only be able to display about 4 of them at any given time.

This would allow people to get a gauge of what kind of player you are, how long you've been playing, and if they can trust you (to some degree, because they CAN be turned off)

These should NOT be silly things like "Killed a zombie with a fire extinguisher" or "fell to their death".

Hell, I wouldn't mind one that said "Alpha Tester" :)

My 2 cents, what do you think?

Edit: Oh, and I think they should carry over from one life to the next.

Edited by Ymath
  • Like 1

Maybe you are not aware,but i hate to remind you that player's names won't show.

I highly doubt that naming and identification hud that is common along other mmos will be implemented on Dayz.

So,havin achievments firstly is pointless because this game is based on realism,and secondly because there will be no way to show it to other players.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Maybe you are not aware,but i hate to remind you that player's names won't show.

I highly doubt that naming and identification hud that is common along other mmos will be implemented on Dayz.

So,havin achievments firstly is pointless because this game is based on realism,and secondly because there will be no way to show it to other players.

Actually, If you press P in game, a playerlist with everyone on the server pops up.

I'm in no way talking about names or badges showing up over a players head in the game world.

• Like 1

Nah, keep things like that away from the game, sure put it on the forum, but having titles like that could make people leave the server just because of a title someone have, which they don't like.

What should these achievements be? You've only given examples of what it shouldn't be.

Nah, keep things like that away from the game, sure put it on the forum, but having titles like that could make people leave the server just because of a title someone have, which they don't like.

Even tho i like the idea of player badges when you press P i can imagine the negative side of it as well.

For me a big no.

EDIT: I dislike this sort of stuff because it hijacks your brain's reward system by providing frequent (but meaningless) rewards for playing. The gameplay itself should be enough.

Edited by Roshi
  • Like 1

...what if I dont want nobody to see what I usually do? (aka did achieve)

If you bothered to read the OP i stated they could be turned off.

For me a big no.

EDIT: I dislike this sort of stuff because it hijacks your brain's reward system by providing frequent (but meaningless) rewards for playing. The gameplay itself should be enough.

Understandable. I was trying to make them less "congratulations, you killed 10 zombies" and more into "congratulations, you killed 1000 zombies".

Long term stuff.

Understandable. I was trying to make them less "congratulations, you killed 10 zombies" and more into "congratulations, you killed 1000 zombies".

Long term stuff.

Even so - against this sort of thing principle. I prefer the ideas relating to survival time feedback in the 'The name of the game: Survival' thread. That's just my opinion however.

Ya this seems like a great idea but when you put into dayzs play style ... Trust is one of the key concepts in this game ... If we knew we could trust everyone on the server there would be no pvp so in other words people would join a game press p see if the players are generally hostile or friendly and leave depending on their opinion of friendlys / hostiles so although it sucks not knowing people's allegiance , it's more of a thrill ride tryin to figure it out in my opinion . And I never was for achievements so unless it was like a "survive 10 days and receive some real money" (lol) , I honestly wouldn't try to get the achievements .