Single Player  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want single player

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should it have multiple difficultys

• Yes
    • No

Im a new player to the dayz world. As most new players Im not good, I usually die really fast from starvation or thirst. recently I got what I considered far I had guns, some ammo, plenty of food and water. and I was walking down some stairs and BOOM guy with M16 shoots me on sight. what im suggesting is a single player mode that is just like multiplayer but there are no other players but yourself and maybe open to LAN play. it could even have some NPCs depending on the difficulty

Easy-  Just you and the zombies and maybe survivors you can trade goods with or do blood bags with

Medium- same thing as easy but there are survivors with week weapons that will shoot you

Hard- same as before but the enemy survivors will be armed with better weapons and play better

By doing this when new players get the game, like me, we can play the single player and by the time we feel confident with our skills we can actually play online and have a chance.im sure others have good ideas as well so post them below

I understand the concept of the game not all the ideas need to be used but Im just trying to find a way for new players to get good it doesn't need to go in now but maybe when the final game is launched it can be an option

Edited by silver227

Facepalm. You haven't grasped anything about DayZ, nothing at all. You only bought this because it said "Zombies" and was 30 bucks right?

• Like 1

I understand one of the reasons why you'd like to have single player. I too just got the game earlier this week, I was scared to go into a world that I had no understanding and learn through tough situations. But if you just read the list of servers and their details, you can either find friendly servers or find ones with little or no population or both!

If I were you, I'd join and favorite the friendly servers. There is a greater chance that you'll encounter a person who is there for the same reason as you are and can possibly help each other out. I've been playing on them ever since and haven't had many issues and met some great people while learning the game at a comfortable pace.

I just want single player so I can use the Armory and test out stuff, like helicopters. It'd suck if they used something like ToH but you had no way to practice outside of the real thing.

Dude..... There will never be a single player option, that I'd bet my car on (My fixer upper, no one gets the beasties).

What you can do if you want to get to know the map, find guns, ammo and practice shooting Zombies is to find a low population server. There are plenty out there with 5 or less players. But to be honest the best way to learn is through death, lots and lots of death. You'll get the hang of it soon enough and you will learn to not get attached to your gear and have fun. Also watch some YouTubers and observe how they move around and check their immediate surroundings.

You will get better with experience. 

• Like 1

Doesn't need single player... you don't even need to bother starting you own server which isn't even as easy as clicking a  create "LAN" button.. like the others said just join low pop servers

Really its just finding out where the stuff is/where you should good. I dont really like the idea of single player cuz i think all the new players would jump on that and not get the multiplayer experience. And to the guy shooting you, its just like real life, he was a bandit, and u were just walking down a street in the wide open and got shot, u gotta play the game like their is always someone after u.

Each and every one of us started playing this game the same.

Walking about like a bunch of muppets, out in the open, flashlights shining and without a ready weapon in our hands.

We didn't immediately find cover when we saw another player. We stood up and greeted them. We let them close, as we tried to help or befriend them...

We lost our beans.

1. Rule of DayZ club: Be Paranoid.

2. Rule of DayZ club: See 1. rule.

We already have Single Player. Just play in a timezone when all the other players are asleep in bed. Or just wait for release and run your own private server for one. Hopefully by then there will be more to do than read public domain books and eat beans.

Haha no don't listen to these heads , games that we pay for deserve some type of way to play alone or practice if you really can't do that with others on. LAN should defly be supported which would basically be single player , if its truly that much to add it to the game id say go without but if it can make it in time for beta release or something I'd defly opt for LAN .

DayZ is not a single player type of game. The way it works it's just not. There aren't enough emphasis on Zombies for it to even be near a single player game. If you want single player, wait until private servers are available, buy one and have boredom.

Single player would be boring pretty fast, even for new players. But a toturial should be added to learn the basics.

Single player would be terrible. This isn't a zombie game, it's about the player interaction, the strategy, and getting those god damned beans before someone else. If you want a zombie game with a singleplayer, that's not DayZ.