Sign in to follow this  
pacific_coast

DayZ's Missed Connections (Find Your Combat Logger!)

Hello.

My friend Hick and I ran into four of you last night.

We were at NEAF.

*click click*

Hopper is nearby!

We shot one of you, but you logged while bleeding and jumped into another sever to heal yourself.

Then another one of you appeared.

*click click!*

You logged in to the West Police Station second floor.

You were server hopping. It's ok. Many beginners feel the need to hop for loots.

You saw Hick's M4 pointed at your face as soon as you spawned and vanished like you were exiting from the Matrix.

Then another server hopper appeared; *click click!*

You were in the corner room.

I told you in my strongest Trinidadian accent that I was gonna spit hot fire through the door.

You logged.

Ten minutes later... *click click!*

The last hopper/logger wasn't so lucky.

You connected right in front of me on the second floor hallway of the Eastern Police Station.

I'm sorry if my M4A1 60 round mag being emptied into you caused you any emotional distress.

I... I was in a bad place. Sorry.

Enjoy your respawn, hope to catch you slippin' again!

(Your loots were shit anyways)

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 3

when someone combat logs, worf facepalms.

u9fVpSi.gif

• Like 1

How do you know they were server hopping?
People have to log out eventually and then log back in when they have time to play again.

Just because someone logs in, doesn't mean they are server hopping.

I always log out inside a building or house, in a back room or corner, preferably with no windows.

I hate logging in when i'm ouside in the open with no cover.

• Like 1

You /DON'T/ log out in police stations or similars. Unless you want to hop.

I log out in those places...

True, I would avoid logging out in any high traffic area, but sometimes you don't have a choice.
"No Message Recieved for 30 seconds"

I hate when the server goes down when I'm in a military building or worse yet, out in the open near one.

I have been caught at server restart in a barracks, a mil tent and and one of those mil buildings. No chance of being shot for hopping because you wait a minute until the server comes up and rejoin, check out the nice new loot and then gtfo. If you log in a building you invite a bullet to the forehead, it's just silly.

• Like 2

True, I would avoid logging out in any high traffic area, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

"No Message Recieved for 30 seconds"

I hate when the server goes down when I'm in a military building or worse yet, out in the open near one.

Just join straight back into that server. Everyone will be in the same spot or there'll be even fewer people.

I have been caught at server restart in a barracks, a mil tent and and one of those mil buildings. No chance of being shot for hopping because you wait a minute until the server comes up and rejoin, check out the nice new loot and then gtfo. If you log in a building you invite a bullet to the forehead, it's just silly.

Exactly what he said. Logging out in places that are frequented by people is just stupid. Even buildings or anywhere near popular spots because people will hear you log in. Best place is outside in the cover of trees and bushes.

How do you know they were server hopping?

People have to log out eventually and then log back in when they have time to play again.

Just because someone logs in, doesn't mean they are server hopping.

I always log out inside a building or house, in a back room or corner, preferably with no windows.

I hate logging in when i'm ouside in the open with no cover.

they were server hopping.

north east air field is a military loot drop point.

it has two police stations two hangars and a control tower.

my friend and i met up in the middle of the map and trekked there for ammo and meds.

in the same server (low pop, maybe 8-9 players) four people logged in within 25 minutes in either a loot drop building itself or in a hangar.

four people.

if anyone of them had logged in 50m AWAY from the main buildings, they would have SEEN US and either gotten away or killed us.

but they were lazy.

log out in an empty room, pop in a full one.

only we were in that room already.

I was a fresh Bambi in a yellow raincoat and green cargo pants. You were a rough and tough military man with a gasmask. Tell me what color my backpack was, and what friendly things we discussed before I made you "open fire".

Oh, sorry, wrong idea of Missed Connections.....

• Like 1

I was a fresh Bambi in a yellow raincoat and green cargo pants. You were a rough and tough military man with a gasmask. Tell me what color my backpack was, and what friendly things we discussed before I made you "open fire".

Oh, sorry, wrong idea of Missed Connections.....

Well, I laughed :)  I put your story into a compilation of "Missed Connections" I animated.  Enjoy!

• Like 4

Well, I laughed :)  I put your story into a compilation of "Missed Connections" I animated.  Enjoy!

i love this comunity .....   

• Like 1

so much win.....

Actually, if I wanted to hop from server to server to loot, I would go out in the forest where nobody can see me, log out and then join another server. So, I would say that most of the times, when somebody logged out in a military facility or a police station, they just did it out of ignorance. The logic being used here to decide if somebody is a server hopper is invalid. At any rate, if they got shot by somebody waiting for them in, seemingly obvious, spots for log in killers, they had it coming. They should know better.

Edited by Corto

NWAF, I shot you in the ass with my M4 hoping for some broke legs. Instead all I got was a control tower devoid of items, and nary a soul to be found.