Sign in to follow this  
Asteroid (DayZ)

Refillable bottles

OK so from what I have seen if you drink your drink you just chuck the bottle on the floor as if it just insulted your mother.

I think you should be able to refill 

BUT

not many places have water left as it has already been scavenged.

Some water could be contaminated (coming back to this point)

And sometimes you cant even fill the whole bottle like only half of it or something

Anyway back to contamination...

Working water sources will be visible such as a well with a small amount of water left or almost empty water tank, these can be contaminated however....

If there is a body in there or if you kill a zombies or person in the water source the water will be contaminated. If you don't check there is a chance there is a body floating in the small amount of water left and if you drink contaminated water you will become instantly sick.

With rotten food it shows if it is rotten but I don't think it should say if it is contaminated as it would make it too easy.

Also this feature could make better gameplay as people defend any water supply they can find and it would make it fun as you can try to find a way to get to the water supply.

?? think it's good or not?? 

Well I like the contamination idea then

This is confirmed for lakes... later...

• Like 1

You can refill plastic bottles and canteens already

Contaminated water is not implemented yet.... but the way to purify water is (Water purifcation tablets can be found in Med Kits, and randomly at loot spawns) 

So contamination is coming.... 

They just need to fix the purification tablets. Right now, it doesn't matter how many are left, you use the whole amount on one bottle

• Like 1

Yeah, water contamination is coming. That's what the purification tablets are for.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure water contamination has already been confirmed for sources outside a well

I think you can drink from just about anywhere at the moment I believe I have yet to get sick from water. Have had alcohol poisoning though lol

Edited by Vector636

Lulz, good call! :D

Have had alcohol poisoning though lol

Edited by MrXplosiV

lol it was a bad call on my part...but I was curious. The description does give the hint that we can water it down and bathe with it. My train of though stops at water it down and im like lets get drunk as hell, I loved getting drunk in stalker if you used to much vodka.

Sort of on the topic though, it'd be nice if i had say 2, 50% canteens, one pristine and the other damaged. it'd be nice if you could pour the water over from one to the other filling it up with whatever amount you have in the other one. maybe even have a bit spill out as we all tend to do when pouring something from one bottle to another without a funnel.

• Like 1

Sort of on the topic though, it'd be nice if i had say 2, 50% canteens, one pristine and the other damaged. it'd be nice if you could pour the water over from one to the other filling it up with whatever amount you have in the other one. maybe even have a bit spill out as we all tend to do when pouring something from one bottle to another without a funnel.

That would be a nice feature.