Sign in to follow this  
potnoodle

Chernarus Football League

Some people play to kill, others just to survive... during my time on Chernarus ive been looking for records of their sporting past and today I managed to find a record of one of their final league tables for the Chernarus Football League...... its an interesting tale in itself.

Pos Club                 P  W  D  L GF GA GD Pts1   Loko' Elektrozavodsk 30 17 8  5 45 24 21  422   FC Chernogorsk       30 15 9  6 42 20 22  383   Spartak Berezino     30 16 5  9 42 31 11  374   CSKA Balota          30 14 10 6 37 23 14  365   Metallurg Berezino   30 14 5 11 42 33 9   336   CSKA Grishino        30 14 4 12 36 40 -4  327   Stary Sobor          30 12 10 8 41 26 15  328   Zelenogorsk          30 11 11 8 36 29 7   309   Novy Sobor           30  9 8 13 38 44 -6  2610  Krasnatov FC         30  9 8 13 31 46 -15 2611  Torpedo Kamenka      30  9 8 13 42 43 -1  2612  Dynamo Vybor         30  9 7 14 29 41 -12 2513  Saturn Solnichniy    30  8 7 15 28 39 -11 2314  FC Chernogorsk 'B'   30  8 6 16 20 42 -22 2215  Gorka                30  7 9 14 26 40 -14 2216  Dynamo Dubky         30  9 3 18 25 39 -14 21

Once the servers are stable and notes written on paper work and survive on the servers, I will be leaving scraps of football records/facts and history around for people to find. Old tables, old teams, old scores.... Chernarus has an intriguing past and football played a big part of that.
  • Like 5

Looks like Bor got relegated...

• Like 2

So Chernogorsk B were allowed to play in the same division as FC Chernogorsk. Scandalous.

Yeah, a strange one that... something that hopefully comes to light as I continue to investigate Chernarus and report on the football history.

I know its a way off and im sure ill have to bump this up at the time, but once I can leave notes that save etc ... id love for anyone who finds them to post on here, if the notes are restricted in characters.. then ill just use a code that links football to what im documenting.(Dont worry its not complex, even though im waffling) :D

1973 Chernarus Cup Final

26th May 1973

Spartak Berezino 3 - 1 Stary Sobor

Attendance: 3212

Referee: U. Nsov

Spartak Berezino: Nazumovsky, Ivozdvov, Daksimov, Strelkov, Zhukov, Lyin, Nikheyev, Sokolov, Vavrov, Semenov, Terenov

Goalscorers: Sokolov 18' Semenov 24' 77'

Stary Sobor: Dorokov, Shavguidze, Nikolaishiv, Nanikin, Berdzenvilli, Andreyev, Panin, Paichaze, Asamov, Somov, Stoilarov

Goalscorer: Panin 3'

Edited by potnoodle

I had this idea when they introduced the football pitches to the game, and I started designing a league and even different football crests/logos and back histories for the teams. Of course, this never made the light of day and I got distracted on another project, so I'm glad to see someone else pick this up. 

1) I am happy that you've used sensible Eastern European names for the teams, rather than Western ones. 

2) Like you, in my setup I thought that 16 was the most amount of teams available.

3) I had 2 teams in both Cherno and Berezino, yet one in Elektro (and other towns). There are several reasons for this. One of them being the number of football pitches in Cherno allowed there to be two teams, but also I believe it gave a nice weighting in terms of intra city derbies as well as national ones. For example if you look at the major leagues you will find multiple teams in big cities but in turn those derbies are not necessarily the main derby. Manchester City/Manchester United  (England) is one derby, however Liverpool and Manchester United is considered a "bigger" derby. Barcelona and Espanyol (Spain) is the local derby, while Barcelona and Real Madrid is the main derby (El Classico). 

So in summary, all that is pretty close to the stuff I had sketched out, although I would change the B team to being a full outfit. You would never have a B and a main team in the same league.

So Chernogorsk B were allowed to play in the same division as FC Chernogorsk. Scandalous.

Roman Abramovich paid big money to have both teams in top league, ha ha.

Oh noes. Footy heads now in Dayz? Please noes............ :huh:

Oh noes. Footy heads now in Dayz? Please noes............ :huh:

I think you'll find that Eastern Europeans absolutely love their footy. 

I think you'll find that Eastern Europeans absolutely love their footy. 

We are dommed.