Mays (DayZ)

Being a bandit that doesn't KoS feels good.

Great post.

I changed my game play and spent all day yesterday hunting snipers. Very challenging, lots of crawling and me ending up with sniper rifles. I had so much loot from these kills that I had to leave most of it. Hid their body but it didnt work. Hopefully they couldnt get to their body since douches were sniping bambis.

I also started hunting people on a 1st person server only. Pretty funny how people behave. I then held them up and had them drop some food. Most comply. Some run. Running from someone with an M4 is ill-advised. lol.

Hahaha, this is coming from the guy with the Patrick Bateman avatar!

You're confusing fascination with identification

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

Good to see someone else who plays Bandit correctly.

Bad to see yet another person who thinks their way of playing is the one "correct" way.

Perhaps the "correct," way to play is just to play the fucking game and not act like your way of enjoying it is the One True PathTM  and anyone who doesn't do exactly the same thing is a dirty peasant who just hasn't seen the light yet.

• Like 2

That's how a bandit should be played. Getting robbed in game is much more interesting than just getting randomly shot and looted.

Bad to see yet another person who thinks their way of playing is the one "correct" way.

Perhaps the "correct," way to play is just to play the fucking game and not act like your way of enjoying it is the One True PathTM  and anyone who doesn't do exactly the same thing is a dirty peasant who just hasn't seen the light yet.

Please point to me where he said in his post this was the one true way to play etc etc quite frankily you are full of shite your answers to people when they ask legit questions is usually full of shite and based on your own wants.

You have said your a game developer i have to ask what sort of games have you developed?? Cause you seem very jaded ( Failed developer perhaps just a guess) May i make the same suggestion to you that you as you so politley put just play the fucking game and stop acting like you know what the fuck your saying cause well it seems like you dont.

This is opinion here but i doubt you would make a good developer regardless of skills ( you never did specify what part of development you where in since 2003) Heck most of the time i dont even think you make a good community member these are all just opinions and voiced as such NONE of it is fact .....

• Like 1

You have my respect. As someone else said, this is hard mode for sure. Humility, with a chance to let them learn better without a total loss.

I'm this way a lot more now than I used to be. It really is a lot more interesting to experience doing this. However, I get a lot of strugglers that I have to put down. Maybe it's my tone or something.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Please point to me where he said in his post this was the one true way to play etc etc

Umm, I'm pretty sure when you say someone is playing "correctly," you're implying that people who play in other ways are doing so "incorrectly."

Right? I'm sorry that words mean things, bud. I didn't write the dictionary.

quite frankily you are full of shite your answers to people when they ask legit questions is usually full of shite

Well, okay. I'll just put you down in the "won't see eye-to-eye" category and we will move forward like that, deal?

Umm, I'm pretty sure when you say someone is playing "correctly," you're implying that people who play in other ways are doing so "incorrectly."

Well, okay. I'll just put you down in the "won't see eye-to-eye" category and we will move forward like that, deal?

Ah so there is ever only 1 way to do something corretly ??? you might be right if this was a maths problem but in other situations like playing a game being correct is not mutually exclusive of someone else being correct in how they achieve success??

you might be right though i may be to willing to give people the benefit of the doubt he may have ment what you stated but he didnt state it. Till he states that you are just ranting on what you believe he means.....

But we do see eye to eye on some topics ( like the game is pvp and pve and any style you wish to play it etc) but how we go about voicing such opinions is well yes very different and on that i fear we shant see eye to eye.......

Did you even read that guys post before you commented? Go re-read it then come back please. It says "Good to see someone else who plays Bandit correctly."  Okay now read that again. Someone who plays BANDIT correctly . Now re-read the bolded, italicized, underlined word. Now let me provide you with some definitions of Bandit

-  A robber, especially one who robs at gunpoint.

-  An outlaw; a gangster.

-  One who cheats or exploits others.

-  an outlaw who lives by plunder;especially :  a member of a band of marauders

Okay now that you've read all those let me get to my point. He said good to see someone who plays bandit correctly. Not good to see someone that plays this game correctly. Not every person in this game is a bandit, some people try to be medics/switch between random things/hunt everything . But then some people also try to be bandits, however a lot of people think being a bandit is killing everyone on sight and then looting them, when in reality, according to the definitions of bandit, that is not completely true. So he was saying the person played bandit correctly because they actually threatened the person with some sort of weapon, and then robbed them, and then went on their way, which according to the definition of bandit, is more closely related to the correct way for a bandit to actually act.

So before you try to assault someones post, please make sure you read it right, then please do some ground work. Don't be like the rest of the people on this internet that just immediately attack someones opinion.

Edited by Magicks
  • Like 2

So before you try to assault someones post, please make sure you read it right, then please do some ground work. Don't be like the rest of the people on this internet that just immediately attack someones opinion.

TL;DR you also think there's a "correct" way to be a bandit in the game, and think a 200-word essay on the subject makes you right.

Want to play this game?

A robber, especially one who robs at gunpoint.

Note: especially one who robs at gunpoint, not only one who robs at gunpoint. There are other ways to be a "robber."

Rob: is to "take by force or threat of force." So, sorry for the news but shooting someone in the face and taking their stuff is still robbery and hence therefore still a perfectly "correct" form of banditry.

-  An outlaw; a gangster.

Gangster: member of a band of violent criminals. Not criminals who threaten but do not engage in violence, mind you. But actual violent criminals.

-  One who cheats or exploits others.

Exploitation: to use someone in an unjust or cruel manner to gain resources. Again, bad news there. No one "correct" way to do that either. I can do that by handcuffing you and taking shit, or just by shooting the living shit out of you.

-  an outlaw who lives by plunder;especially :  a member of a band of marauders

Plunder: to steal, typically with the use of force.

Use of force. Not threat of force. Not "asking kind of nicely." Actual use of force.

But then some people also try to be bandits, however a lot of people think being a bandit is killing everyone on sight and then looting them, when in reality, according to the definitions of bandit, that is not completely true.

According to your personal interpretations of the definitions of a bandit, you mean?

Right?

Right.

Are we done?

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

He never said this was the only way to play.  I agree with him in that this is what we should call a bandit/thief.  The term used for people that kill on sight shouldn't be bandit...it should be something different like psychopath, maniac, murderer, etc.  There is a difference between being a bandit and being a murderer, in my honest opinion.

*Edit: and then I just saw other people said this, too.  Sorry for the repeat.

Edited by HeinrichM

He never said this was the only way to play.  I agree with him in that this is what we should call a bandit/thief.  The term used for people that kill on sight shouldn't be bandit...it should be something different like psychopath, maniac, murderer, etc.  There is a difference between being a bandit and being a murderer, in my honest opinion.

*Edit: and then I just saw other people said this, too.  Sorry for the repeat.

Then every FPS out there is brim full with psychopaths and maniac murderers. Very scary, makes me wish I liked Farmwille

When I try to cuff someone, they just disconnect when I tell them to put their hands up, so the only way to rob people is to first put a bullet in them. GG.

Being a bandit who only steals people's pants is quite fun.

6jsRm.jpg

Edited by Isidoor
  • Like 3

Force is in no way only related to killing or hurting people. The english language is not really rich in terms of synonyms etc. Robbing itself is a form of force as well, and handcuffing certainly is. Bandits rarely kill their victims, simply by the fact, that there is no need to, and they offer little to no threat. Murdering people you are robbing is risky for yourself as you might be hunted down and executed for their actions.

Bandits, waylayers usually stick to these crimes: Theft, Rob, Blackmail. Rarely murder or manslaughter. It stands to reason, when you are robbed, and being deprieved of a can-opener, the incentive for remorse is rather low. Murder however enforces an immediate reaction, as in DayZ now. Right now though the mechanisms of DayZ enforce KoS, looking for deathmatch opportunities etc. without the fear of remorse or any other form of retaliation.

I handcuff them, tell them what I am going to do when I find a female player, then force feed them chemicals, and watch as they slowly go to sleep.....forever.

...You're my favorite Forum Mod now.

If you're also a bandit, instead of your usual murdering everyone, just try to hold someone up. 9/10 people comply. Ask them to put their hands up, put handcuffs on them, loot them, and give them the key or tell them how to break out. It's a lot more fun than the usual murdering.

I intentionally let myself be held up and robbed the other day.  I had a backpack...which contained a backpack...which contained a backpack...which contained a backpack...

They were like, "WTF?"

I told them I was but a lowly traveling backpack salesman, down on my luck.  They laughed and gave me back my backpacks.

• Like 1

I Handcuffed someone the other day. Liberated everything on said person, sprayed them with disinfectant then sprayed my M4 then shot them. If thats not a clean kill I don't know what is.  :lol:

If people couldn't combat log I would torture them, but yeah I shoot them rather now then let them combat log when trying to cuff them.

this.

yesterday i camped on a night server the balota airfield. A server hopper joined and i shot him unconscious. bandaged him + saline + handcuffs. looted him and when he realized whats going on he just log off :O