DOMINATING

CARS SUGGESTION (REALISTIC AND POSSIBLE)

Here's something i've been doing. Google Earth street view.

In the Area chernarus is set in (NOT Czech Republic), and the rest of Russia to, the most common car is the Lada, usaully white. There is also a huge gaggle of Western and Eastern modern cars, with vehicles like the UAZ being very rare. So not every car has to be Eastern or old, aslong as it is post-soviet and not $1k million it would probably be in Chernarus. (With the exeption of American cars)

Now heres someone who does their homework to the extreme! Love it ... if I could give you beans for life i would but for now just one eh mate ;)

Now heres someone who does their homework to the extreme! Love it ... if I could give you beans for life i would but for now just one eh mate ;)

;D

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

;D

I am kinda shocked that the UAZ is rare though and that Western and Eastern cars are common there but then again look how cars from Europe are common here in the US of A 

I am kinda shocked that the UAZ is rare though and that Western and Eastern cars are common there but then again look how cars from Europe are common here in the US of A 

I'm not sure they're to rare but i didn't see any. But still, the CDF uses them, so in Chernarus..

I'm not sure they're to rare but i didn't see any. But still, the CDF uses them, so in Chernarus..

Yeah i wouldnt mind to see it as a rare military vehicle or something along those lines.

mini moto  it is a very small motorbike

Edited by Boxer23

use the trucks and cars from the game SPIN TIRES type it in to youtube to see    

Edited by Boxer23

what about bikes .. i would link them but im to lazy 

ural
cossack
the jupiter (2 stroke ) i think 
nati 750

and a  few more that are pre WW2 

much like china today soviets were great at make "official soviet copys" of things 

my dad owned a ural and it came in 1 of 2 colours his was "strength of the republic red" 

what about bikes .. i would link them but im to lazy 

ural

cossack

the jupiter (2 stroke ) i think 

nati 750

and a  few more that are pre WW2 

much like china today soviets were great at make "official soviet copys" of things 

my dad owned a ural and it came in 1 of 2 colours his was "strength of the republic red" 

Pre-WW2 vehicles?

There are relatively few pre-ww2 vehicles still running today, even in places like the United States, and the apocalypse hasn't happened. Most older cars require a lot of special care to keep running, otherwise they just become junk buckets rusting out where they sit, and the apocalypse would do no good to any of them that happened to still be working inside of a random barn or farm.

They could make a unique model for one that spawns somewhere, but I don't think it would be worth the time just to add it when there are a good number of other vehicles with a larger utility you could add.

Its a nice collection but I find it painful to read. Any chance the OP gets some kind of sorting? Also this

"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"

makes it very long without any good reason but making people tired by having the scroll 100 times.

Pre-WW2 vehicles?

There are relatively few pre-ww2 vehicles still running today, even in places like the United States, and the apocalypse hasn't happened. Most older cars require a lot of special care to keep running, otherwise they just become junk buckets rusting out where they sit, and the apocalypse would do no good to any of them that happened to still be working inside of a random barn or farm.

They could make a unique model for one that spawns somewhere, but I don't think it would be worth the time just to add it when there are a good number of other vehicles with a larger utility you could add.

i never suggested pre WW2 Cars for starters 

it was a suggestion about soviet build motorcycles because of the massive list of cars

i never suggested adding anything pre WW2  

.. im pretty sure anything with a carby and magneto is gonna be runnnin round long after a showrroom fresh H1 hummer has dropped a cell in the battery

so  i would go as far to say all that would be on the roads is diesel trucks and older diesel 4x4s because they can be run on "dirty " fuel just like older bikes can be run on kero or just about anything with a octane rating ... and since modern petrol isnt made to have a long shelf life it would be safe to assume that no matter the age or condition of your vehicle 2yrs tops will be useless ...  i am not to sure about LPG or aircraft grade fuels myself but im pretty sure someone here will

..so when you say larger utility can you give me more detail on your opinion as i see it as a discussion and not a debate 

One of the first cars could be a Trabant, a simple 2 stroke engine and such simple technology the average farmer could repair and maintain it. They were common in East Germany and countries like Hungary where I once drove one.

My suggestion for vehicles doesn't so much have to do with which vehicles, but how they're found and used. To start I sincerely apologize if we're talking about the Dayz mod here, I KNOW the dayz mod and dayz SA have different driving factors behind them. The mod is more centered around zombie apoc warfare, where as SA is more centered around zombie apoc survival, to that end:

I don't want to see tons and tons of vehicles all in perfect working condition ripping around the map with yahoo bandits blaring guns into the air, that sounds like call of duty with a couple of zombies littered around, I think when vehicles are implemented they should be difficult to acquire and difficult to maintain, let me explain:

All spawned vehicles should be derelict, supremely derelict, as in few if any salvageable parts on them, and players would have to claim one vehicle as their vehicle (perhaps one land, one sea, and one air vehicle, idk though, leave that up to someone else to decide how to prevent someone from opening "Sal's Post Apoc Shitty Car lot!"). Once the player has found enough working parts to make the vehicle run, they then need fuel, which should be scarce, very scarce, and fuel economies of vehicles will help in tempering peoples use of them. For example, a tank takes lets just say 100 litres of diesel, and on average per spawn perhaps 1 or 2 litres of diesel are spawned per gas station or town (again I'll leave this up to a better man than I to decide how to make this part balanced) making a player have to run around to 100 gas stations and town collecting enough diesel to fill the tanks fuel tank 1 time, now lets say on 100 litres a tank can drive one 32 kilometer trip, which would be from one corner of Chernarus to the other and back again, this kind of heavy taxation on fuel consumption will help prevent some wad of a human just driving around in a tank all day squashing noobs. Now lets example this with a diesel car, a diesel car would run perhaps 4-5 trips from one corner of the map and back (64-86 max) km for 100 litres of diesel, I know these numbers may be a little unrealistic, but there will be a little more car use as a result, but not so much that it's still unfair.

In the end I really just do not want to see a game centered around zombie apocalypse survival play into the hands of the COD lets just blow eachother up crowd, the game play needs to be more dynamic and less two dimensional than that, that sounds boring as shit.

Forgive the profanity and thanks for reading the wall of text!

That's too bad cause I actually liked the hummer suggestion.

The problem with the hummer (or any other real life vehicle for that matter) is rights of usage. You cant just take someone elses model, design, and name and use it for your own commercial purposes, that's how companies get sued into bankruptcy, the guns that are already in game are a great example, the AK model line is usable because Kalashnikov signed away loyalty and duty rights as cheap forms of advertisement, same with the makers of the SKS the 1911 and the M4, however certain guns like the "Blaze 95" are loosely based off a different real life model from companies that wouldn't consent to release of rights for commercial purposes. In the same way almost all auto manufacturers are a real pain in the arse, look at Grand Theft Auto, in order to allow for damage to be dealt to a vehicle they had to loosely base the model designs and names of vehicles off of real world models because almost no auto manufacturer would consent to their vehicles being shown in any commercial way as being half destroyed or even just damaged as they viewed it as bad for the companies image.

In regards to games that DO have real world models of vehicles in game that DO take damage, there is a strong likely hood that a large sum of money was paid to the manufacturer for it, or even more likely because those games came from extremely popular game producers like EA (I am mainly referring to need for speed here) so not allowing the producer to use their vehicles would mean a whole bunch of competitors being represented in a popular game series and not them. DayZ is not coming from a company with the resources to do this like Need for Speed did, so doing this would be far too much of a headache. Using Rockstars work around of satirical representations of the vehicles would be far more likely.

It's disheartening to read this I know, but there are work around methods, and it will free up company resources to continue working on other aspects of the game.

I've used my unbelievable intellect and good looks to find the missing names ;)

Here are some ideas for some nice cars in Dayz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW Vehicle Suggestion at the end

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/40/44/88/cars-russian_00404488.jpg

name; Volkswagen Golf MK2

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/11447833095_3e7c9ba861_o.jpg

name: GAZ 24, aka "Volga"

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18n9c0x3wgf3qjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

name; Skoda Rapid MK2 coupe

http://www.air-journal.fr/wp-content/uploads/air-journal-deneigement-deneigeuse-adp-roissy-cdg-2.jpg

name: Boschung Jetbroom 9000 A, snowclearer 

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/1BigBanger/TruckPictures071.jpg

name; International Scout III SSV 1979 prototype, highly fucking unlikely

http://picturecarswest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/P1040568-copy-mxt-thumb.jpg

name; International MXT

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/01/07/152438.1-lg.jpg

name; SmarTruck II experimental

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6447106963_718a0e7354_o.jpg

name; GAZ-53

http://www.joseph1.demon.co.uk/piglet1.gif

name; "Snatch" Land Rover 110
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW CARS !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Rakshak.JPG

name; Mahindra Rakshak

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Replica_of_a_light_armored_car_of_Czech_Army_OA_vz._30_pic1.JPG

name; OA vz. 30