scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Dean Hall said devs team have nothing to do with this issue :(

:(

then i guess i will just have to give away all my gear and become a bambi with an axe and stay on the coast

:(

then i guess i will just have to give away all my gear and become a bambi with an axe and stay on the coast

but when we geared up again and it happens again

Figure I'd give my 2cents.

I recently added a yellow container to my inventory, played a few hours with no problems, logged back in the next day and had the desync issue.

I tried everything I could think of ie; restarting router, restarting dayZ,  joining different servers, disabling my AV, waiting..., waiting..., and still nothing.

After comming on here to find a fix I noticed there were a few people that had the ammo cans and yellow containers that had fixed the issue by throwing them down.

So, I gave it a try. First I threw down the ammo can and rejoined server. Still had the same issue. Next I threw down the yellow container and rejoined. EUREKA!

Anyways, after trying to deal with desync for an hour then finally dropping the ammo can/yellow container I've been playing non-stop now with zero desync issues.

*crosses fingers*

I really wish that Dean can see this and fix it :D At least we already know that the container are corrupted of something like that there is the problem Yelow case/Ammobox/Medikit.. Lets hope that they solve that :D:D

I cant play the game anymore since the last update :/

join a server and get this deync issue until session lost.... wait 5 minutes try again same problem.... i understand the 30second wait for combat logging but the 5 minute wait between server joining is ridiculous

Edited by neutralstalker

I read through the whole thread last night.

• There is no unified experience of symptoms or problems.
  • There is a collection of client/server communication interruption problems that are probably a litany of different issues.

Without a clear definition, yelling "fix it now!" will not get anything fixed. Right now, based on what appears to be client/server communication interruption I would say most of the issues experienced here are caused either:

• Bandwidth issues at the client end. DayZ currently utilizes a great deal of bandwidth to send information. This could mean that low-bandwidth connections are getting choked with information. While bandwidth optimization is ongoing, to test this theory we would need a problem computer to be tested on a known-good connection.
  • Network Environment client side. Certainly firewall/router/isp settings and environment could cause at least some of the issues described in this thread. Again, the only way these could be confirmed would be by trying a computer at a known-good connection.

While I can understand you might be upset, I am sure you can understand it is very important for us to be clear about the specific issues. If we are not, and a whole bunch of non-similar issues are grouped together, then we will not be able to separate causes out specifically identify the problems. Without identifying the problems there is absolutely no hope to identify a solution.

so basically client side when its not i have 75 mbs down and 30 up and have had the 100k desync issue along with many others

this problem is already get the attention of the dev, I hope there will be fix

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8977

nice report

this one too

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8872

the network usage is insane, i can ply again after discarding all but my medkit and i will toss that next time i log in too, but if another player comes near me who has a loaded out inventory or if i join a server and my download speed is low, then this issue re-occurs.

i have put in a lot of hours on this game, and i am downloading 15+gigs of data a week just by playing, which is obscene

Edited by neutralstalker

Every time i get a yellow \ red chain  now, i press "P" and i always see people loading into the server, when theyre in, the chain dissapears and the desync is gone. in a high populated server when people join all the time, it might become a problem for me, rarely i get a small rubberband, not like before when you had to relog to be able to move, just beeing teleported back like 50 m(RARELY). other than that, i never experience any issue with containers inside my backpack or anything, and i usually always carry an ammo box and a protective case.
I play on experimental servers only.
battleye enabled.
Avast antivirus. (no settings changed)
ive got a 25mbit down, 10mbit up connection, if it might help.

For all i know it might not be relevant to this topic at all, but i just thought i would add it.

Cheers for this thread.

Strange... you still have this issue? Mine went away as soon as BEdev-Sable started fumbling around with BE. I still have a bit of Desync from time to time, but that's not worse than in the Mod or Arma 2

As me and a lot of friends figured out, these desync issues somehow depends on how many players are close to you and how they are equipped. At the moment I just have a bandwith of max. 120Kb/s - I know that's Stone Age level.

I was monitoring the network traffic while playing and as long as I were alone or with some bambies, my dayz network traffic was around 20 Kb/s. Then let some friends (6 ppl) joining next to my position and I was at (my) max bandwith and had a desync till I was kicked out. A friend of mine told me his traffic was between 180 Kb/s and 200 Kb/s. Happened on every server we've joined. I then played on some other full servers (without them) and everything went fine except of some short temporary desyncs.

I know this doesn't solve the problem but maybe some other guys made the same experiences.

not sure if this belongs here but

We tried about 10 servers last night, every single server.. same problem

I had played ok for about 1-2 minutes on the first server.... then HEAVY HEAVY desync issues.. bad bad issues.. we decided time to switch servers

Upon joining the new server, my friend described he was moving around the room...... but on my screen he was still crouched in front of me in the same spot he was when i loaded in

So we change servers...... same problem

Change servers again..... and the same problem.... again

and again.... etc etc etc

every time... i load in... and he can see me move... crouch.. do whatever im currently doing...... but no doors respond.. and his character (As well as everyone else in the server) DO NOT move.. or anything...

After about 8 minutes i am moved to the server select screen with a "Session Lost" message

and my friends say on the server it states "Signature check timed out" 

I have not had ANY problems or touched ANY files since the early access alpha started...... therefore i have NO idea what the problem could be....... any ideas?

@vertoxis: sounds like standard desync: ur friend (not having a desync) sees u moving and everything ur doing, but u see him where he was before u got desync. Easy way to find out if u have a desync is trying to grab ur weapon or to move something in ur inventar. U should see a broken/open yellow or red chain as soon as u have sync again - for the moment.

Maybe it's the same problem I have. If u only have it when ur friend is with u, u have to play on different servers as I have to do at the moment.

@vertoxis: sounds like standard desync: ur friend (not having a desync) sees u moving and everything ur doing, but u see him where he was before u got desync. Easy way to find out if u have a desync is trying to grab ur weapon or to move something in ur inventar. U should see a broken/open yellow or red chain as soon as u have sync again - for the moment.

Maybe it's the same problem I have. If u only have it when ur friend is with u, u have to play on different servers as I have to do at the moment.

i was having it no matter what.. solo or not

but i guess more testing is warrented to figure this out..... if i come up with anything that bandaids it or fixes it... i will report in

it is standard desync issues.... but the problem is.. i have NEVER had it act this way before... as in.. ive never had it to the point of loggin in and immediate desync issues

• Network Environment client side. Certainly firewall/router/isp settings and environment could cause at least some of the issues described in this thread. Again, the only way these could be confirmed would be by trying a computer at a known-good connection.

It might be worth contacting your ISP to ensure that their Traffic Management Platform (assuming they do have one - god forbid) is recognising the DayZ traffic correctly.

As it's such a new game, it's unlikely that ISP's will have the correct sig for the game.

Hello,

Recently I've been playing on the experimental servers (both hardcore and regular) version 37.115791. They have varied from UK, DE, SE and US servers.

Each time I play, I either receive a "Session Lost" notification within thirty seconds of spawning in or a constant yellow chain.

I have carried out the follow checks:

1) ensured steam version is correct;
2) ensured dayz version is correct;
3) ensured battleye version is correct;
4) deleted local content files and reinstalled dayz; and
5) reconfigured my graphic card settings to a minimum.

Unfortunately the above have been unsuccessful.

I thought instead of being reactive and providing no benefit or constructive critisism to this post, it might help if I provided my system details to help the DEV team identify any consistencies within the issues everyone appears to be receiving.

So:

Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5-3570K Quad Core CPU @ 3.40GHZ overclocked to 4.20GHZ
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB
System type: 64 bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 driver version 334.89
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device
Internet: ZTE Mobile Broadband Modem

I hope this helps in your continued reviews and testing...

I look forward to your response.

Thanks.

Ok, I thought i'd report back my findings. 

After a full uninstall of Dayz via Steam, the re-install appears to have resolved the "continuous" yellow chain. No "session lost" message has been received thus far.

There is still some yellow chain issues appearing every five to ten minutes but its "more" playable now i.e. drawing weapon, opening doors, moving items in inventory is more responsive (although still temperamental) To my best knowledge, I haven't encountered any other players so this may have helped. I also tried a hardcore AND a regular server to check the status was the same.   

I had also removed the small yellow container and first aid kit from my backpack.

I'm unsure if the slight improvement is a result of my actions or server side actions, but its a step in the right direction, although not completely resolved.

Hope this helps you to resolving the issues. 

Many thanks.