Sign in to follow this  
Z0mbi3z

Does anyone know when this game will be optimized?

Okay i know i am going to get a shit ton of "OMG ITS IN ALPHA FAG SHUT UP" But wait! Just hear me out.....This game is just amazing, Yes it has a laundry list of bugs and glitches but the game is so addictive and emersive its ridiculous! But what ruins emmersiveness (Or how ever you spell it) ? Thats right! Choppy frame rate, Now i could run the mod at a steady 35+ FPS and it made it so enjoyable but this games runs terribly on my PC and from what i have seen from streams and videos other people PC's too, Now this game would gain alot of new players if it was optimized better because people with lower end machines will run it better and have more fun, Now you are probably rushing to the bottom of this page to write the generic "Buy a new PC idiot" Well guess what, Not everyone has $500 to spend on a PC with lightning coming out the USB ports. So if i can make one request to Rocket or Bohemia whoever is developing this game it is forget about vehicles, forget about more weapons for a while, Think about a large section of your fanbase who dont have amazing PC's and optimize this game! Your game is awesome and deserves to be admired by a bigger fan base!

Thank you for your time, You are quite obviously going to comment hate because thats all anyone does on these forums so go ahead! 

• Like 3

I don't hate. I get your point and I think you are right, and I still have hope but...you know, not too much.

They will work on it, I'm sure (even if not soon as you hope), but I fear the results will be disappointing...let's hope I'm wrong :)

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 1

Alpha is typically for features, beta is usually stability/optimization and polish. Gonna be a while yet.

I will quote some forum mods:

"Optimization is never done in Alpha"

Strange but the SA runs a lot better for me than the Mod.

Hmmm interesting, Ill have to put up with it for a while then.

1. If lightning is coming out of your USB ports, please power down immediately.

2. How would lightening coming out of USB ports improve your gameplay? USB ports don't effect FPS..

I feel your pain. My PC's fan doesnt spit flames when I turn it on either. I understand its in alpha and whatever the devs decide is priority I'll back it up, but on the other hand my personal opinion is that if they were to optimize it even a wee tiny bit, it might allow for more players to find, report, and subsequently fix more bugs in the game. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Have you really tried fiddling with all possible settings? eg: those from the FPS enhancer thread on the forums?

As far as I know not every setting should be set to low, as in that case the CPU does it instead of the GPU. And DayZ primarilly utilizes the CPU so offloading as much load as possible to the GPU would be good. Not sure for which settings this applies, I only remeber that for shadows.

It'll be done when it's done. It won't be done before then, and after then, it won't be necessary. You're welcome.

i think we won't be getting optimized until beta like how eveyrone else is saying. It's weird  some poeple seemingly have really bag lag in the game but i almost do not lag at all only in cherno every 5 to 10 minutes i get a little freeze for 3 seconds

(...) i almost do not lag at all only in cherno every 5 to 10 minutes i get a little freeze for 3 seconds

This might be only on 24/7 daylight servers. Set your clouds to off, and you dont have the freezes anymore for now. 

Sa runs worse for me as well.

But the problem is that if they optimize the game now, they ll have to redo most of that once all the new features and content is added.

So in other words it is to early to work on optimizing the game at this point.

Edited by h3retic

Honestly, The SA runs for me worse than the mod. 

Mod : ~45 

SA : ~30

And don't ask how many frames i have got in big cities ^^ It's discouraging 

Strange but the SA runs a lot better for me than the Mod.

Yeah, me too. I believe that's actually due to the fact that they used ToH instead of ArmA 2 as a base though, therefore it works very slightly better with newer hardware.

It's not actually due to optimisation.

Regarding the OP - although bits and pieces will be done along the way, the bulk of optimisation will most likely be done much later once the game is in a much more stable state. Think of it like writing a book... You wouldn't proof read before editing as you might make more mistakes while editing and just have to do it again.

Edited by Mos1ey

I don't think that they will optimize it so you get better frame rates in the cities. Look at how long arma2 has been out, it still gets crappy frame rates in the cities. This gaming engine is garbage, cpu utilization is no where near 100% same with graphics cards. BI has always been know to release un-optimized games. Arma3 got a little better, it  makes no difference if you have a $1000 computer or a $5000 dollar computer. This game will never be optimized I can almost guaranty it.

I don't think that they will optimize it so you get better frame rates in the cities. Look at how long arma2 has been out, it still gets crappy frame rates in the cities. This gaming engine is garbage, cpu utilization is no where near 100% same with graphics cards. BI has always been know to release un-optimized games. Arma3 got a little better, it  makes no difference if you have a $1000 computer or a $5000 dollar computer. This game will never be optimized I can almost guaranty it.

That's funny because when I upgraded my rig I was able to maintain 60+ FPS on ultra in ArmA 3...

I hear some running SLI GTX 780's complaining about FPS, myself I run a single GTX 770 and its bloody perfect for me on High detail.

It could have somthing to do with my processor though, I7 4770k

Edited by mrzee

That's funny because when I upgraded my rig I was able to maintain 60+ FPS on ultra in ArmA 3...

ill second that...

simply overclock my old i7 to over 4ghz got me over 60 fps in arma 3...

no need for people to buy in to a 3770 or 4770 k

unless you have a really shite processor.

arma2, 3, toh, sa all love CPU.

OP, if you would like some help optimizing, please let us know your detailed specs...down to motherboard and such.. I guarantee I can squeeze some fps out of your setup

hmmm... DayZ isnt too bad my freind has a standard laptop nothing really special cost about £500 which isnt gaming grade but is more expensive than a standard laptop but he can run the game on normal settings? 

but i would like to know how many cores DayZ is utilising as i have the AMD fx-6300 which is 6 core(ish) CPU so atm if it only runs off 2 or even 4 cores then i cant wait for full optimisation of 6 and 8 cores