Caspion

People are absolute dicks on this game!

Okay, so I've only played around 8 hours of this game, I've seen fields... And that's about it, every time I find some decent loot and a good place, some absolute dick comes along and just shoots you with no warning, they don't try to communicate at all. I have no weapon, Or at least no ammo to fire back. I find an army camp kind of thing, and I find 1 weapon.. What is this? Like really? There was around 20 tents.. and 1 gun, oh and no ammo whatsoever... I have died around 6 times already and then I get to see more fields and the sea for a while. Anyone else think people should at least try to communicate, because it's kinda getting on my balls now, dying every time I'm actually getting somewhere on the game. Rant over, Cheers.  :D

Welcome.

Seriously though. You will see this a lot in your first days. Once you learn how to move. Where to go and where not to go. Where the idiots hide it will get better.

You will more than likely do what I do and hunt them down. They are called bandits. They always make good targets and good gear farms.

I ALWAYS expect a death as soon as I get some good loot... It's the way it rolls man... Sadly... I am still alive and fully geared right now and havent been playing cause I got's bored... I wish my character would die so I'd start afresh on the beach where any tiny piece of loot is hitting the motherload!

Cheers lads. Just had a proper rage, Just pissed me off tbh. I find good gear and get fucked. Haha. I'll learn it all and kill the little bitches! Is there any way you can tell if someone is a bandit?

• Like 1

Yup. Didn't you know this game is home to thousands of nerds who have no physical or mental power in real life, therefore must flex their epeen in game to escape their pathetic real life existance?

Try and make some friends, and cover eachother well. I just got shot in the face by a bandit without warning myself!

• Like 1

If you find good loot and a good place (whatever that is), chances are someone else thought the same. Military areas are probably the most dangerous places (except ladders).

If you feel you are dying too often change the way you play. Be more cautious, observe, stay out of danger.

You must be playing on a server with real dickish people. My recommendation would be to team up with friends and see how that works out. Playing DayZ by yourself has never been as fun as playing with a team (this is just my opinion, of course).

I was lucky today. Everyone I came across was friendly and actually had a mic (shock horror) lol. Had a party in electro with 4 other people. One guy was playing music and we there all dancing in the middle of the streets lol

You have to take in account other players in your decisions, they are as important as the game world itself.

You have to take in account other players in your decisions, they are as important as the game world itself.

More important in some cases!

I am actually usually 99.9 percent of the time armed, and very nice, i help ppl around kamyshovo because if i show some kindness I feel it will spread throughout the game... or at least throughout some people

I give out canteens, antibiotics, tincture, food, and i've given out a pistol.. I try to give people a bit more of a chance, almost like the watchdog of Kamyshovo... If someone starts spraying down the spawns, I go find them, and eliminate them.. We all know those people i speak of are on the rooftops of hospitals, industrial buildings, and the hills of electro..

I don't mind watching those fuckers combat log as soon as someone fires back, because all that show's is that they suck at the game.. Failures continuing to fail.. I'm a 31 year old player, maybe that's why I have a talk before kill mantality

Find a crew , or if you want easy gear dont go to places where everyone goes and also there is a low chance for spawning weapon in tents, usually they spawn in police building , ACT towers and barracks or try to find mosin in the city buildings or schools. Just play it smart

When server will be able to add private hive ( private server then) this kind of thing will not happens so much.

Wait and see. be patient, some server will be avaiable to build strong and adult community soon.

But anyway, it will remain always some bandit firing at sight on each server. Because they are bandit...

I am actually usually 99.9 percent of the time armed, and very nice, i help ppl around kamyshovo because if i show some kindness I feel it will spread throughout the game... or at least throughout some people

I give out canteens, antibiotics, tincture, food, and i've given out a pistol.. I try to give people a bit more of a chance, almost like the watchdog of Kamyshovo... If someone starts spraying down the spawns, I go find them, and eliminate them.. We all know those people i speak of are on the rooftops of hospitals, industrial buildings, and the hills of electro..

I don't mind watching those fuckers combat log as soon as someone fires back, because all that show's is that they suck at the game.. Failures continuing to fail.. I'm a 31 year old player, maybe that's why I have a talk before kill mantality

I'm new and I try to be nice, don't get me wrong I've seen a few people... Literally a few (2 or 3) people who are actually alright, I teamed up with a guy and we did alright, until some asshole killed us both, While I was with this guy we saw another guy, we spoke and he passed by fine, but the majority of the people on DayZ just shoot you for nothing. The amount of times I've spawned, found nothing even worth taking and been killed is ridiculous, I wouldn't mind but if they wanted something and I didn't really need it, I'd more than likely give them something if they asked. But no one knows how to communicate.

I reckon most army camps are cleaned out an hour after the server has reset.

Just don't get too attached to your character or your gear, you're going to lose it eventually anyway. If not by the hands of other players, by the 'hands' of character resets and bugs I guess.

Try and learn the map and which houses that spawn what type of loot (not much to learn, you'll pick it up after a couple of visits to the same type of house).

I guess practicing shooting might also be a good idea really.

But yeah, it isn't encouraging to walk for an hour, just to get shot down the first thing that happens once you've collected your gear. But hey, shit happens. Just have to learn something from it.

• Like 1

This helps illustrate why non-KOS'er still walk around with a gun up at the ready.

Reason #1,232,395 why bandit skins and a little background lore would help at least make sense out of the killing.

Edited by Thane

If you see someone and want to talk to them always make sure you have the advantage, should things turn sour, first.

Speak to them from cover and gauge their reaction to try to assume their intentions.

Tried to play 2 days as a good guy..... Last 2 hours I got shot twice for no reason at all. I spotted them as first and told them I was friendly....bOOm dead