Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

Any piece of clothing you associate with bandits?

I don't think I've come across a friendly person wearing a Payday mask, so it's that for me.

Edited by Mays
  • Like 3

Mostly payday masks.

Then again, any bandit could wear other masks or none at all, and any friendly / neutral person could wear a payday mask. It's really hard to tell.

Rule of thumb could be: The more / better gear a person has, the more they might be inclined to shoot at you without any real reason. If they're not bandits they could be paranoid of their useless gear. Then again, plenty of armed / geared people being possibly friendly, too.

I guess we have to wait a bit more. When way more clothing is present in the game, normal bandits / murderer will probably stick to more "classic" clothing. Whatever that may be.

• Like 1

I had a German guy chase me around screaming in one of my first spawns. He was wearing a Huxton mask, yellow raincoat and no trousers and he had a knife.

One of my first spawns, I was terrified and he chased me around a town for about 10 mins before I found an axe and he ran off into the forest. 

If I knew then what I know now :P Would have turned around and KO'd him with my meat claws.

So yeah,don't trust guys like that one.

• Like 3

If I see a gasmask+ballistic helmet combo, I assume the worst. Of course, that's what I'm wearing now, but my plan is to head to Kamyshovo to do a reverse robbery. I'm going to handcuff a bambi, then panic and take all of my clothes off and run away.

• Like 10

Is that a form of hoodie?

No.

If they carry the M4 or Mosin with a load of attachments.

No.

If they carry the M4 or Mosin with a load of attachments.

Not a piece of clothing.

Any mask.  Also, bandannas.  I cap people for this fashion faux-pas.  

• Like 1

Black people, pink caps, purple backpacks

Can we leave the casual racism out please. It's not funny and we don't tolerate it here.

• Like 13

I generally try to say the payday masks have to do with bandits, but only low grade ones, worse you'll have to worry about is an axe.

Camo is what you'll have to worry about, TToSK outfits and the like, and any type of scope. They aren't hunting zombies with a scope.

They aren't hunting zombies with a scope.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Mosin with long range scope = KoS

M4 with ACOG = KoS

• Like 1

a bit off topic, but:

if you wanna find out if someone means to to you harm:

-get near them and talk to them in direct TEXT chat, ask them who they are.

they see your name, and if they response you will know theirs.

some one who is about to gank you most likely wont give away his identitiy.

apart from people who want to become notorious .

which would become a problem for them as soon as private hives are up.

Edited by Imjustatourist

I wear a ballistic helmet, Gasmask, full TToSK with a scoped Mosin and I dont KoS.   I find the people you least expect it to be usually strike.

Payday mask means trouble. Shoot all clowns!

Imagine if they added a full clown suit. It'd be truthfully horrifying yet also brilliant.

• Like 6

i dont think you could say bandits will wear this or that im in full camo gear with a full m4a1 and attachments and i wont kill on sight 

Can we leave the casual racism out please. It's not funny and we don't tolerate it here.

Actually, he may have a point as some players pick the black character as his natural skin tone makes it more difficult to see him. Ideal for those wanting to KOS. Assuming he's not being racist, that is.

• Like 5

How was that being racist? not like he called him the N word.

If i was to say the Asians would that be racists? 

Or if i said the women, would that be sexist? 

Edited by Crakka
  • Like 3

I generally try to say the payday masks have to do with bandits, but only low grade ones, worse you'll have to worry about is an axe.

Camo is what you'll have to worry about, TToSK outfits and the like, and any type of scope. They aren't hunting zombies with a scope.

The thing is that as a vigilante, i need a scope to have any chance of witnessing a murder or banditry. I'll sit up high in cherno or scope the NWAF to try and see see a murder while letting tons of people go by who i can't possibly know are not just some survivor guy exploring around.  I get very little action as it is and must use a scope and sit up where the snipers do to get any chance of combat more than once a century....

@All: The whole thing about judging people by their gear/camo is that its supposed to be a zombie apocalypse where going into town is super risky. With camo, it also makes sense to wear it because I think we can assume zombie vision IS human vision and therefore camo clothing would be helpful.

This is a big part of why i want a subtle red armband put on murderers when they kill survivors -said to be given to them by the remaining military to kill anyone in an attempt to stop the virus from spreading further. The armband could be the way they identify themselves to each other and the military...(and of course it should have a cross on it when you look closely B) )

• Like 1

Anyone that has more or less gear then me.  So pretty much everyone.  

"GOD I HATE KOSERS!  THey ruin teh game.  Now I just kos too because I can't trust anyone!" -Logic 2014!

Thane, i like your avatar. I just watched that movie the other night and was very sad when they killed his dog. He was a beast