DropBearChick

BREAKING NEWS: loot spawn on restart is intentional!

Hello all, I'm sick of saying this but loot spawns on restart is intentional it's to prevent loot farming and is not temporary as a lot of people seem to think it is not a bug or a mistake it is permanent I'm posting it because just about everyone I meet seems to think its a bug.

I have yet to see anyone saying it's a bug. x_x

Common sense is rare these days though.

At this point im not sure how to take a thread like this.

This

I'm just trying to give people some common sense and to inform them that server restart loot spawning is intentional I've found over 30 posts on the bug tracker.

I dont think anyone is saying loot spawn on restart is a bug (when you restart the server it resets everything so obviously loot will respawn)

They are saying that NO loot respawn without restarting the server is the bug

of course is intend :huh:

rocket saying this before in topic here also in stream ;)

plan is optimize so is 10,000's of loot item in coming all spawn location in every house/deerstand/building/castle etc across map enough for everyone if they looking :D

server restart stop to be every 4 hour also 

this make game more realism is stop loot farmer guys and give value to high end things

is make game improve for all player except lazy ones ;)

IS NOT NEWS :lol:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 6

what do you mean?

He means loot not respawning is not a bug, it's intended. The system will be improved later but won't be like it was in the mod where loot always spawned when client enters the area.

• Like 1

Of course it is intentional... Rocket has said it himself numerous times. 

I don' know where you've been for the last couple of months...

I reckon though that certain things, including zombies should have a respawn timer within a server session though, yet this depending on player count etc. Spawning in Kamyshovo, or at the crossroads between Kamyshovo and Solnichy 3 hours after server restart and not finding anything (not even zombies) is really unrewarding. I guess you could have certain houses respawn their loot every 30 or 60 minutes, every hospital two hours etc. Or base it on server population, of course.

In general you should find basic stuff enough to keep you alive, even out in the wild, unless you get some kind of illness or wound.

You are in fact wrong....read the upcoming features post below. It says respawning loot and zombies:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

So at some point early this year we will have respawning loot, it's just not implemented yet

Edited by Timmymachine109
  • Like 2

I reckon though that certain things, including zombies should have a respawn timer within a server session though, yet this depending on player count etc. Spawning in Kamyshovo, or at the crossroads between Kamyshovo and Solnichy 3 hours after server restart and not finding anything (not even zombies) is really unrewarding. I guess you could have certain houses respawn their loot every 30 or 60 minutes, every hospital two hours etc. Or base it on server population, of course.

In general you should find basic stuff enough to keep you alive, even out in the wild, unless you get some kind of illness or wound.

Yeah, I think that's what they're aiming for down the road. Achieving a good balance is not going to be easy and they need to be very careful not to ruin the whole point of the new server side spawn system. Zombies should definitely respawn but there should be no way to easily tell a player is in the area just by looking at zombies for example. Certain loot should perhaps respawn after some time but it shouldn't depend whether or not a player is nearby.

It's not intentional, it's just a temporary workaround.

If it were intentional the loot would just respawn after X hours without restarting the entire server.

The obvious solution is to make each building/car/etc. respawn it's loot X hours after it was first looted; provided there are no players in the vicinity.

At this point im not sure how to take a thread like this.

Deep, deep and long.

• Like 4

Hello all, I'm sick of saying this but loot spawns on restart is intentional it's to prevent loot farming and is not temporary as a lot of people seem to think it is not a bug or a mistake it is permanent I'm posting it because just about everyone I meet seems to think its a bug.

Hey, I'm just posting to say that you're a delusional know-it-all and that it has been stated explicitly by Rocket that this is only a placeholder until proper loot respawning mechanics are coded directly into the server engine as he did not want to use external scripts for loot respawns as they were inefficient and created a lot of server lag.

So HEY! You are wrong and posting misinformation. How does that feel?

• Like 2

I hope , sometime they will delete every loot of food or drink. You should only find tools in lootspot that make you able to collect your food and drink in mother nature (hunting and growing).

Till now its just way to easy to stay alive.

I wanna play that game very close to the edge of death. Where you barely stay alive and need to take huge risks to stay so !!

I wanna be forced to chew on roots to stay alive, you know!!!

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 1

I want a realistic post-apocalyptic simulator where you spawn already infected with the zombie virus and it's just a matter of time before you die and become a zombie, I will walk around looking for people and yell at them "Don't you get it? We ARE the walking dead!"

Edited by AmirDayz

What would be nice is to receive a message to say "Server will restart in X amount of minutes".

Hasn't happened to me personally, but I've seen dozens of group members lose ammo boxes and other supplies full up because the server will restart almost as soon as they put them on the ground.

• Like 2