kermo50

Wolves, Bears and Wild Boars

Wolves, Bears and Wild Boars...

I know the zombies in the game are going to be continually improved to pose a greater threat but they're just.. kind of boring. I would really love to see some of these predators included into game, they would be a good fit for the world of Chernarus. Walking through the woods on a full moon night and hearing some howls close by would be truly chilling. The animals would make the forests a much more dangerous and interesting place to adventure in... 

What do you guys think?

• Like 6

SEARCH FUNCTION! It's been suggested a billion times before! If you had spent just 2 seconds searching, you would know that wildlife is already confirmed.

I did use the search and nothing came up, yes I know wildlife is confirmed, although I have never heard of predatory animals that could be a threat. No need to be a dick about it. Please link me to these other posts.

• Like 1

I think that it is a Great idead to add animals that are agressive towards the survivor, as long as it is fairly big and alot of meat comes from it as a reward loot.

SEARCH FUNCTION! It's been suggested a billion times before! If you had spent just 2 seconds searching, you would know that wildlife is already confirmed.

Hey... How many of your 2k posts are whining about search function? when there are no posts on a particular topic in a given forum... Your trolloing isnt just stupid... Its spam, pls stop.

At the op, great idea! And well worth mentioning in suggestion forum so we can talk about the implementation of hopeful wildlife features.

I think itd also be cool to have other threats in the woods, mosquito swarms that would fuck w you, or bird flocks that could get startled giving away your position... Etc

• Like 2

One of my suggestions are Snakes, Leaches and Ticks all of which appear if you camp a spot in grass or water for too long.

Especially the "three headed Chernobyl bear" should be added fort extra atmospheric feel to it. ...Just kidding. Great idea, would be cool to have some kind of danger (animal predators) waiting for you in the forest.  :thumbsup:

I know that the devs are in the process of adding wildlife but I had some suggestions.

Add in predators

Wolves, Bears, wild dogs that can and will attack you.

Especially wild dogs.

In a post apocalyptic scenario, dogs would be eating their owners and over time would wander in packs. This already happens in certain places in the world. In mexico and in areas of eastern europe and south america wild dogs packs of previously domesticated animals are a very real problem. They can and do attack and maul people at random and I would expect them in a situation like Dayz.

They would be an additional threat but also a food source and possible companion if you find a dog like in the mod.

Yes I know this is alpha. Yes there are tons of core things that must be done like zombie ai and not glitching through walls. But this is just another idea for the devs to think about long term.

It would be hard to add in alot of other animal ai that are friendly and agressive with balancing the server load especially if you think about a wild dog pack.

Heck they're having issues with zombie packs but still it's just something to think about

• Like 2

Hmm...I wouldn't really see wolves and wild dogs as attacking people unless they were provoked or really desperate for food.

Bears on the other hand...

are a frightening thought.

Hmm...I wouldn't really see wolves and wild dogs as attacking people unless they were provoked or really desperate for food.

Part of me can't shake the idea of a skyrim bear chargin at you and all you have is an axe

The idea of wild dogs came from assuming that dogs and wolves would be eating the remains of dead/infected people in the dayz world. Couple that with the face most humans are dead  and animals would no longer see humans as much of a threat and possibly a free meal ticket

Why should you be afraid if you are wielding 2 rifles, 1 pistol, a hatchet, crowbar, knife, a can opener and carry 10 ammo boxes in your backpack? You can shoot him unconcious then tie him up with a belt and force feed him with bambies... :rolleyes:

Edited by Enforcer

Wolves generally don't attack people, but wild (and tame!) dogs will maul you at the drop of a hat. Any hat.

Wild/feral dogs are no joke, they know exactly how capable they are, how capable you are, and they work together as a group.

Edited by Max Planck
Wold?
  • Like 1

I hope you guys can add them in. secondary and tertiary threats would add more ways to die

I heard there was some issue with dog ownership regarding using an animal but even if that was scrapped a blind enemy ai for dog packs would be great

Guys what you think about honey as food source? And also a chance for bees to attack you and to get allergic reaction (if affects only random players) and you have to treat yourself with some medicine

Opinions?

Why should you be afraid if you are wielding 2 rifles, 1 pistol, a hatchet, crowbar, knife, a can opener and carry 10 ammo boxes in your backpack? You can shoot him unconcious then tie him up with a belt and force feed him with bambies... :rolleyes:

Just to let you know man , bears can take a couple shots in the chest or stomach without dying or being incapacitated , however if you logged a few 7.62 mm in the chest or head yes it would go down with some force haha . But we need bears and wolves I would love to see the beautiful animation of a dayz bear/ wolf especially f they had their own food chains / reactions to nature .

Also what does having a can opener do against a bear haha you must be the most badass dude ever if you've fought a bear with a can opener hahah .

Chuck norris could take on a bear with only a can opener.

I would swear i thought i saw a fox in dayz run in front of me, i ran to see what it was but couldnt find anything

I would love to see the beautiful animation of a dayz bear/ wolf

You have just volunteered to get the bear into the motion capture suit, how's your tuesday?

• Like 1

In addition i would also like to suggest Mountain Lions. and since there are zombies what do you think about an occasional werewolf.

Edited by Morggin
  • Like 1

Chuck norris could take on a bear with only a can opener.

Under Chuck Norris' beard there is no chin - only another Mosin.

On topic - yes definitely predators. Dogs in the towns, bears and wolves in the woods.

Edited by Roshi

In addition i would also like to suggest Mountain Lions. and since there are zombies what do you think about an occasional werewolf.

"DayZ attempts to portray a realistic scenario within the gameplay"

And if you didn't mean that seriously then don't post it.

i think that's a great idea, the city and towns should be full of zombies, but the woods have no threat.  A zombie survival should always have a threat.  There should be constant concern over survival.

Well as far as I have leaned, wolves actually do not attack people very often. Though we like to think of them as dangerous killing machines, actually making man eating wolf packs might detract from the realism that DayZ is trying to portray.

I do like the wild dog idea though.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I'll just say this:

"Mountain lions with their own special stalking/hunting system"

You could see them stalk other animals for food, but most importantly... survivors.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I'll just say this:

"Mountain lions with their own special stalking/hunting system"

You could see them stalk other animals for food, but most importantly... survivors.

uhhhh, mountain lions are native to america, not europe....