Sign in to follow this  
razgriz93@gmail.com

Pen and Paper

This really pisses me off that we can't have nice things because there will ALWAYS be douchbags to fuck it up!

This could have been a really fun mechanic.

I was planning on hiding fully upgraded weapons or a backpack FULL of gear somewhere then I was going to write treasure maps hinting the location for some lucky survivor to have something fun and unexpected to do. Plus I was going to leave 10 or 20 of the same maps for multiple people to find and possibly fight over.

There is shit to do in DayZ right now unless you use your imagination, and the pen and paper could have added some fun to the alpha in it's current state.

I'm extremely disappointed that this is gone.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 1

You've been reading the Steam forums too much. They are just broken.

Edited by Gews

It's gone cuz it's bugged and racism.... but there is one way how could this be fixed, some words will be censored and everyone will be happy...lets wait and see how Rocket will do it...pen and paper is meant for leaving messages and writing diarys...

pen and paper is meant for leaving messages and writing diarys...

Yes, and whatever else you want to use it for as well, as long as it's lore friendly IMO.

I agree a censored text mechanic would work great.

I was a little overboard with how upset I am about it.

I just really wanted to start leaving treasure maps along the coast for fresh spawn to find.

Fine. Put your head in the sand and just say it's ok.

Well done sir.

Gunplay is intented in this game. Racism is NOT.

The game seems pretty racist against Zombies imo, Oh wait, are we still aloud to use the "Z" word?

Side note: It's a sad world we live in that allows this thread to flip out over the mere idea of racism, but murdering people for fun is completely acceptable. 

Edited by wearelegion

The game seems pretty racist against Zombies imo, Oh wait, are we still aloud to use the "Z" word?

Since when did zombies become a race? You might want to learn the definitions of words before you use them.

The problem with censoring words is that you can just type or write the words with spaces between each character or you can just write one capital letter, followed by a small x then the next capital letter followed by another x and so on and so forth, the point is that there's plenty of easy ways to circumvent censorship that just removes certain words. If you replace a u with a v, it's still easy to read for instance. Now I can't seem to think of a sentence with a u in it thovgh. Then again, it might reduce the use of racism by censoring words. Hopefully they will think of some way, cause it would be a nice feature.

Edited by subliminal_city

1: Jesus christ if you don't understand it you could at least educate yourself between postings on the ideology I mentioned, libertarianism, and you would have a better chance of understanding it, and my view.

SNOWDEN, did a expose on this thing violating privacy rights, EVEN THOUGH it helps the security of the people. The libertarians view is RIGHTS AT ANY COST. Snowden is libertarian.

Craux, who I am guessing is libertarian wants players(relate to people) to be able to use pen and paper, even though it might offend people, and from what you are saying, kill people. This is also a libertarian view. When craux said stupid leftist liberal retards, that doesn't mean libertarians. Libertarians are not necessarily left, or usually included on the left. He is excluding himself. These "liberal retards" he mentions, are what he believes are the kind of people who don't want this coming back.

Snowden is a self proclaimed libertarian.

He is not hypocritical when he mentions stupid leftist liberal retards because it doesn't include, most of the time, libertarians. And he is assuming that these ar the people who want to, in a sense, restrict free speech, in a game.

2: Can be sex, oral sex, foreplay, or just doing the project he wants you to do in a way he doesn't want you to, but ends up doing better than his suggestion and you get rewarded.

3: I'm not because that is not what I am arguing for right now, and I think it has been discussed to death and has won countless of times that discrimination must be confronted, so I will not be doing a replay.

Yes I have. I was suicidal myself, though that is a part of my life I wish to forget.

When people write bad stuff on paper in a game, it is not directed at anyone. That is the major difference between that and many situations in real life where it is directed. If it was directed in the game, THEN I would approve some form of punishment for the attacker, but when you broadly attack, like spraying a .22 machine gun 360 degrees, not only will you rarely even affect some one significantly, it will likely not push that person to depression, or death in this case, unless already heavily injured mentally, or physically in this case.

If the person was, mentally hurt, then that person should know that the Internet is a hate spewed place because people do what ever they want here, and they want to do whatever they want like children, which means acting foolish. If a person who is weak goes into the internet, or the battlezone, and he comes across a comment that hurts him, or a stray bullet from 22 spray hits him, then it is their fault. They knew the dangers to their mental health, and should have made a wiser choice. The internet is ubiquitous now. No reason to say "I didn't know."

4: Yes it is, it is telling you there is no proof, argument, nothing, which means it should be dismissed as it has no value, You need a argument, no matter how much "the dots connect."

5: No, but the word wealthy and it's antynoms doesn't say anything about living in a shack and being poorer than dirt.

6: Should we do away with autistic too? Down syndrome? If you haven't noticed, as I am guessing you might be focused on retard (the word not your patients) people are saying "lol im autistic. LMFAO nigga got down seendrum bro"

Doesn't matter how defined they are, society is going to take every word related to a negative condition and use it as a bat.

I never said tests measure intelligence. The standardized testing here is the same, limited and such, Tests really only measure knowledge (which hopefully you know is different from intelligence) and the application of knowledge (which has ties to intelligence, but if they don't have the technique, this won't even matter)

What the fuck, where did I say you must be black or retarded to be offended. I experience racism all the time, no big deal, and I am not black, and most likely not retarded as I have this level of knowledge at my age and I am writing to you a well thought response. (compared to what most people would do)

They are a VERY good part of the economy. If mentally retarded people and disabled people didn't exist, it could be billions ripped off the US and maybe the world. The amount of money spent on them makes them a vital part of the economy. I would go so far to say that they are even more integrated than normal people, there are specialized products designed for this minority, they are practically a product themselves, in the economic point of view, of course they aren't actually products.

Technically, it IS their right to empower themselves by belittling others. Most people use retard not as a offense to retards, but as offense to their friends not around retards or just making foolish remarks around family and such. With the rise of the internet people are sharing these remarks and insults publicly, which mental retard caretakers like you take notice and make it a public issue.

7: Discriminated? Yes, so were all races and minorities. Whites, hispanic, but none more than blacks. Blacks have been ENSLAVED, is that worse than what happened with this minority, or whites, who were also enslaved to a point?

EDIT:

About stupidity

No it isn't. I am afraid you don't understand genetics, which is surprising considering you are a mental retards caretaker.

Stupid people MIGHT have stupid children because if their sex partner is smart or has many recessive genes for intelligence (which we have little idea what they are) and the stupid person also has these recessive genes for intelligence, then during meiosis the independent assortment might result in the recessive genes coming together, and hopefully you know some genetics to know the rest.

If you don't, recessive genes together make them expressed, so the child is intelligent, but because so many genes are there for intelligence, she still might be a carrier for stupidity, or at least a limited form of it.

Intelligent people can have recessive genes for stupidity, so EVERYONE has a chance of having stupid children. Why? Not just because of above but also because of mutations (which I will assume you do not know, even though YOU SHOULD KNOW since that is precisely what is the main cause of mental retardation) which are natural, sometimes unnatural, changes in DNA, or errors. There are many kinds of mutations, won't go into that, nor how they are caused.

But if a person is stupid he cannot become intelligent, although it is possible for him to become knowledgable, but unlikely because he os stupid.

Everyone has a chance of a stupid child,

Everyone has a chance of a intelligent child.

Everyone has a chance of a retarded child.

Everyone has a chance of a dead child.

I hope this crash course on rough genetics has helped you, but you can look up videos for it, which I HIGHLY SUGGEST, considering what you do. Crash course biology by the blog brothers are great.

Besides genetics there is also EPIGENETICS, which I won't even be touching that can of worms, you can find some videos, including on crash course biology, or the science channel made by the same guy, not the same channel.

1. Chemical Chance! (atheists exclamaition) I'm very much aware of libertarianism, i'm aware that (as I said before!) it's such a large body of a philosophy that you can easily lump neo conservatives next to anarchists on it. And i'm afraid I havn't got much time between our posts as i'm either sleeping or working, or working in free time (what I believe you call extra extra special for your boss but I call unpaid exploitation).

As far as I know Snowden hasn't declared any political allegiances, and seems to of been more criticised on his "left wing" journalism favourtism than any right wing rallying.

2. Stupid diffusal of your stupid critique.

3. Exactly, it's been discussed to death and there are still amazing new revelations every few years (maybe shorter).

"Yes I have. I was suicidal myself, though that is a part of my life I wish to forget." Then you need to remember you fucking hypocrite, if it is indeed at all relevant to this conversation.

"When people write bad stuff on paper in a game, it is not directed at anyone." - Discriminatory language by definition is directed at specific people.

"that person should know" - You really DO NOT understand mental health problems. I could share some examples but I fear from your track record of responses so far I need to write a thesis with schematics to properly put my point across.

4. Are you taking the piss? If you respond, do me the courtesy of finding the quote I originally said, I can't be arsed. It's the weekend and I want to play DayZ

5. So does that mean wealthy is a synonym for winner? And poor is a synonym for loser?

6. MISSED THE FECKING POINT AGAIN! Autism, Down Synodrome are specific conditions, retard as with disabled, broadly defines many very VERY different conditions.

"society is going to take every word related to a negative condition and use it as a bat." That sounds very defeatist for someone who believes we should confront prejudice.

"Not all of the mentally retarded are offended. Same as not all blacks are offended by nigger."  SO do you just have to worry then about only black and disabled peeps being offended? You kind of double down with that impression with this "I experience racism all the time, no big deal", you did say you confront prejudice didn't you?

If you want to be a shit in your own home, I do not care, if you want to go into any public place, WITH PEOPLE IN IT (before you come out with some hypothetical stupidity like on mount everest or at the bottom of the ocean), it is not your right to abuse other people for your own empowernment which, as I said before, is fucking pathetic.

"Most people use retard not as a offense to retards, but as offense to their friends not around retards or just making foolish remarks around family and such. With the rise of the internet people are sharing these remarks and insults publicly, which mental retard caretakers like you take notice and make it a public issue."

Yea should I point out your glaring hypocrisy or your self declared understanding of what most people do. The agony of choice. I'm a support teacher.

7 Well seeing as there are plenty of examples of disabled babies being killed at birth, I would say yea some have had it just as bad. Also, again not knowing where you're from, but where I am from we have seen in the past 2/3 years an alarming rise in attacks on disabeld people, particularily wheelchair users.

ED:

"Stupid people MIGHT have stupid children because if their sex partner is smart or has many recessive genes for intelligence (which we have little idea what they are) and the stupid person also has these recessive genes for intelligence, then during meiosis the independent assortment might result in the recessive genes coming together, and hopefully you know some genetics to know the rest."

I do, I hope this highlighted region clarifies my response,

And I hope my next quote, highlights the full cycle of the circle jerk you just performed.

"Everyone has a chance of a stupid child,

Everyone has a chance of a dead child."

Edited by 3rdParty

It seems no one can confirm whether it was due to racism/douche behavior or server load. But if (or when) people write immature and offensive shit (including racism) we better have the option to tear paper up. They might also want to give admins the tools to remotely view and destroy any notes they don't want on their server. You shouldn't have to host that kind of shit.

It seems no one can confirm whether it was due to racism/douche behavior or server load. But if (or when) people write immature and offensive shit (including racism) we better have the option to tear paper up. They might also want to give admins the tools to remotely view and destroy any notes they don't want on their server. You shouldn't have to host that kind of shit.

Or, in fact, give admins the tools to generate their own word filter lists so they don't have to come up with loads of bad words in a number of languages themselves + having the flexibility of letting the users add new words.

• Like 1

1. Chemical Chance! (atheists exclamaition) I'm very much aware of libertarianism, i'm aware that (as I said before!) it's such a large body of a philosophy that you can easily lump neo conservatives next to anarchists on it. And i'm afraid I havn't got much time between our posts as i'm either sleeping or working, or working in free time (what I believe you call extra extra special for your boss but I call unpaid exploitation).

As far as I know Snowden hasn't declared any political allegiances, and seems to of been more criticised on his "left wing" journalism favourtism than any right wing rallying.

2. Stupid diffusal of your stupid critique.

3. Exactly, it's been discussed to death and there are still amazing new revelations every few years (maybe shorter)."Yes I have. I was suicidal myself, though that is a part of my life I wish to forget." Then you need to remember you fucking hypocrite, if it is indeed at all relevant to this conversation."When people write bad stuff on paper in a game, it is not directed at anyone." - Discriminatory language by definition is directed at specific people."that person should know" - You really DO NOT understand mental health problems. I could share some examples but I fear from your track record of responses so far I need to write a thesis with schematics to properly put my point across.

4. Are you taking the piss? If you respond, do me the courtesy of finding the quote I originally said, I can't be arsed. It's the weekend and I want to play DayZ

5. So does that mean wealthy is a synonym for winner? And poor is a synonym for loser?

6. MISSED THE FECKING POINT AGAIN! Autism, Down Synodrome are specific conditions, retard as with disabled, broadly defines many very VERY different conditions."society is going to take every word related to a negative condition and use it as a bat." That sounds very defeatist for someone who believes we should confront prejudice."Not all of the mentally retarded are offended. Same as not all blacks are offended by nigger." SO do you just have to worry then about only black and disabled peeps being offended? You kind of double down with that impression with this "I experience racism all the time, no big deal", you did say you confront prejudice didn't you?

If you want to be a shit in your own home, I do not care, if you want to go into any public place, WITH PEOPLE IN IT (before you come out with some hypothetical stupidity like on mount everest or at the bottom of the ocean), it is not your right to abuse other people for your own empowernment which, as I said before, is fucking pathetic."Most people use retard not as a offense to retards, but as offense to their friends not around retards or just making foolish remarks around family and such. With the rise of the internet people are sharing these remarks and insults publicly, which mental retard caretakers like you take notice and make it a public issue."

Yea should I point out your glaring hypocrisy or your self declared understanding of what most people do. The agony of choice. I'm a support teacher.

7 Well seeing as there are plenty of examples of disabled babies being killed at birth, I would say yea some have had it just as bad. Also, again not knowing where you're from, but where I am from we have seen in the past 2/3 years an alarming rise in attacks on disabeld people, particularily wheelchair users.

ED:

"Stupid people MIGHT have stupid children because if their sex partner is smart or has many recessive genes for intelligence (which we have little idea what they are) and the stupid person also has these recessive genes for intelligence, then during meiosis the independent assortment might result in the recessive genes coming together, and hopefully you know some genetics to know the rest."

I do, I hope this highlighted region clarifies my response,

And I hope my next quote, highlights the full cycle of the circle jerk you just performed."Everyone has a chance of a stupid child,

Everyone has a chance of a dead child."

This is just ridiculous. You are either misreading my posts, disregarding them all together, or have a lack of reading comprehension.

Point 5 is a obvious example. Out of the blue you make that statement, and disregard mine.

If you want to continue the discussion, go to debate.org and make a debate about these things, because this has strayed too far and all my points are not being taken into consideration. You make insulting remarks on one of my points, when it is true. You refuse to argue against it. Yet you are a support teacher, which is the same thing as a retard caretaker. Caretakers SUPPORT thosewho they are tasked with.

I am trying to argue with a rock. You are living in this world where not everything is possible.

All I am going to say is that clearly you don't know what libertarianism is. Neo conservatives are not libertarian. You don't do research for anything? At least have a motive to learn? It takes 10 minutes for a average reader to research on wikipedia about it. Not to mention when I say mentally retarded people then follow with retarded, I am clearly not talking about physically disabled peopel.

What the hell does chemical chance (atheists exclamation) have to do with 1?

Edited by Space Milk

Responding to these points would be accepting your twisted view of this conversation so far. Which I don't. You're a grating hypocrite and i'm glad I don't have to bother wasting my time trying to explain that to you, it was getting too long.

Sir,

I am deeply offended by this!

Dr Pepper Drinker

In the mod version of DayZ, a can of Mountain Dew was ridiculously impossible to find for no apparent reason. It had the exact same effects as any other soda, except it said Mountain Dew. It's hard to find, and Green Mountain on a moonless night is scary as fuck. A + B = horror prophecy :3

Since when did zombies become a race? You might want to learn the definitions of words before you use them.

It's funny because being black, yellow, white or red doesn't make you a different race either.

People need to understand that there are gaming laws and they definitely don't accept any type of racism inside the games, if Dean can go he's way as some independent developer and make some deal with the law then we could brake all limits of the game and have pure freedom to write what ever we want...