Sign in to follow this  
razgriz93@gmail.com

Pen and Paper

That's actually a very good idea.

It's kind of like how on some forums you cant make a thread for a few days or so many posts after creating your account. It'll make people earn their right to leave letters.

Anti forum spam mechanics in a game? Yeah no thank you.

I don't see anything worse being written on paper than said to a Mic. So this whole thing is stupid on it's face

Its removed because the 10-year-olds where writing racist messages...

Ahhh... I was wondering why I could never get them to work. I'd seen Jester814 writting messages whereever he was killed, but couldn't work out why it wasn';t working for me.

Not surprised, though, just going by the amout of racist/sexist crap on Direct channel when around some players. And is it just me or do there seem to be way too many 12-yro running around Chernarus?

I would write you a love note which would melt you very heart and cause you to be basically transformed into my love zombie.

Wait wait wait wait wait. I thought we were gonna cool his hot heart with a cool island song.

I'm in favor of a completely uncensored DayZ experience.

All you cry babies can like...not read notes if it offends you so much lol.

Sucks it was removed. It was an interesting concept to me, I think it being removed for racism is a bit of a stupid reason, yes it can be offensive to some but removing it is too much, just because a few people decided to write something racist on a note. If the devs think this is a problem, then I hope they find another way around it as I was actually interested by this. I don't know how I would feel about it if they censored it though, blocking some words and so on, it may take away from the immersion for me a little.

• Like 1

Allowing racism to go on in your video games is NOT a smart move.

So the removal was a good thing.

I want to kill racists, how am I going to know that they are racists if they don't leave racist notes?

I had the thought of making an in game journal of my character's exploits.

Imagine, you find a corpse somewhere, perhaps you made that corpse yourself, and you find a journal detailing the life story of the character you had just found...

• Like 1

this is the most dumb thing ever. what prevents anyone from writing all sorts of stuff in local chat.

this literally makes no sense whatsoever

if they are so concerned they should just have the message automatically add your steam username to the end of the message

"Hurr 10 year olds did it nah man it was 9 year olds."

Majority of us are in our fuckin 20's-30's but nah lets pretend that we didn't do it and say it was 10 year olds.
I would draw a penis with a swastika on it for shits and giggles. I wouldn't make a career out of it but the sheer fact it was removed because of that

makes me cringe. You don't see valve removing the spray option in counter strike.

God damn leftist liberal social justice retards.

World war 2 was 70 god damn years ago and none of you were a part of it. I doubt you have anyone you know that is still alive from it.

If you have problems seeing a crude drawing of genitalia then you have some insecurity issues to work out.

The southern slang for the spanish word negro which means black is fucking retarded to be offended of in the first place.

Grow a god damn spine and put my pen and paper back in the game. Political correctness is going to destroy this world I swear.

Words and symbols change meaning over time and loses its luster and merit. The word gay used to be happy, and the word faggot used to be a bundle of god damn sticks. The history of the swastika symbol spans 3000 years and just because Germany had an "Uh-oh" 70 years ago, now its a no-no. The super secret N word is a retarded mans way at attempting Spanish. The only ones who should be offended is the fucking SPANISH.

And thank you OP for reminding me that Ace combat 5 gave me 10,000 feels.

inb4 mos1ey

Edited by Craux
  • Like 11

"Hurr 10 year olds did it nah man it was 9 year olds."

Majority of us are in our fuckin 20's-30's but nah lets pretend that we didn't do it and say it was 10 year olds.

I would draw a penis with a swastika on it for shits and giggles. I wouldn't make a career out of it but the sheer fact it was removed because of that

makes me cringe. You don't see valve removing the spray option in counter strike.

God damn leftist liberal social justice retards.

World war 2 was 70 god damn years ago and none of you were a part of it. I doubt you have anyone you know that is still alive from it.

If you have problems seeing a crude drawing of genitalia then you have some insecurity issues to work out.

The southern slang for the spanish word negro which means black is fucking retarded to be offended of in the first place.

Grow a god damn spine and put my pen and paper back in the game. Political correctness is going to destroy this world I swear.

Words and symbols change meaning over time and loses its luster and merit. The word gay used to be happy, and the word faggot used to be a bundle of god damn sticks. The history of the swastika symbol spans 3000 years and just because Germany had an "Uh-oh" 70 years ago, now its a no-no. The super secret N word is a retarded mans way at attempting Spanish. The only ones who should be offended is the fucking SPANISH.

You have all my beans. Is anyone seriously playing this for zombies? :D This is a PvP game so you people get your Reddit crap out of here.

• Like 2

You have all my beans. Is anyone seriously playing this for zombies? :D This is a PvP game so you people get your Reddit crap out of here.

This is now a beans exchange.

• Like 1

I will am sure we will find many art masterpieces of penises and boobies. Many of which will become collectibles as time goes on. 

• Like 1

I would put a note at the airfields saying:

ATTENTION: Dickbutt server hoppers here. Feel free to kill them.

I would put a note at the airfields saying:

ATTENTION: Dickbutt server hoppers here. Feel free to kill them.

A true poet.

AC5 best imho.

Anyway, you are right.

I also doubt it was removed for that, but who knows.

I want that function back in any case. If people get upset over drawings, grow a pair of balls.

Especially since they are written by a random anyone on the internet.

What are you guys going to do once the writing thing is implemented?

Sign kills? Make bad jokes like "Ass who reads"?

I am likely going to leave notes where I drop loot in excess and maybe leaving written tips along the coast.

Or, or, do a find the treasure thing. Put down clues on paper that lead to like a gun, ammos, a lot of food or meds.

All signed as Raz.

What are your ideas?

Dang, I was hoping this was a topic about a pen and paper version of DayZ.

• Like 1

Wow. Lot of racists in this thread pissed they can't leave racist notes anymore. Huh?

My Grandmother is pretty much still alive right now.

I still find it extremely funny how everyone just repeats that notes were removed bacause of racism but only a few people actually challenge that claim.

Some people really need to learn that not every written word is true, just because it sounds like a possible explanation (or even fits your general agenda to spread your bullshit against the group you dislike - probably because of other bullshit you never questioned).

• Like 1

Most people who write that stuff aren't really racists, rather they are just fooling around.

the word you're looking for is idiots.

tbh I'm not to sure whether racism is the reason or not, I would expect a whole load of derogatory examples are on the palette. the pen and paper mechanic has basically opened the game up to all the ethical arguments that have been had on forums over the internet's history except without moderation.

But to be honest, IMHO out of my experience playing ARMA and DayZ (and I don't think this is representative of society or even the forum community tbh) there has been a large section of players I've come across who've been particularily vicious, nasty or just sadistically abusive. More than the average troll to griefers you find on other fps multiplayer games.

Now i'm not sure whether it's the nature of the game (I don't) or some other reason. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a particularily  militiristic/tribalistic/nationalistic mentality which made up an element of the core fan base of the ARMA series, even before DayZ, because, tbh, I would be very surprised if kids younger than 16/18 made up a large section of the DayZ players, I can only recall once talking with a kid out of over 1-1/2 years surviving.

ED: This is also why I think all these chin stroking high brow threads commentating on DayZ being a "social experiment" should really take pause at the limitation of variables, let alone the fact players are in the safety of their rooms, anonymous and secure with the fact they'll out live any cat.

Edited by 3rdParty
  • Like 1

Its removed because the 10-year-olds where writing racist messages...

This is inaccurate info. It was an optimization issue. 

Morons will be able to write all the racist stuff they want when implemented. 

• Like 1