DayzForumer

Do you combat log?

Do you combat log?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Do you combat log?

• I do.
    • I don't.
    • Other. (Comment, please.)

I heard its pretty easy if you have a keyboard that records macros to make a combat log one. 

TL:DR, combat logged a bit when i first started playing. usually try NOT to combat log, but there are circumstances where i do

On my first and second day of playing Day Z SA ( I didn't play the Mod ) I combat logged 2 - 3 times that i remember. The first was in a Fire Station when i was just about to meet up with my group I climbed up the stairs of the fire station and there must have been 10 bodies there a lot of them with a small amount of gear and a guy said in VOIP that he knew i was in there and to come out. I logged out.

The second one was at Green Mountain when I THOUGHT ( could've been a sound bug ) that I heard someone down below me on my second day of playing Day Z ( i was on a night server without a light source and I will be honest i went onto a server in Green mountain in order to attempt to find my first M4 aka server hopped ) and i logged out.

In the 39 hours that I have played Day Z I have logged out while being shot at once ( it was a guy with a mosin I had no idea where he was and i didn't want to die, i probably shouldn't have done it because i could have escaped but i did oh well), MABYE twice but i usually try not to.

This guy is a combat logger for life lol

I heard its pretty easy if you have a keyboard that records macros to make a combat log one. 

Let us know how it's working out.. lol  :P

Anywho.  While it sucks to lose all your gear after being killed by a KOS'er, or whoever you may come across ingame, all the gear is fairly easy enough to get back after it's lost.  I just don't see the need to combat log just to save your precious gear.. 

And to you people who do combat log...

Stop being cowards.  Tucking your tail and running away is not going to help you in the long run.  Might as well learn to put a fight up while you can.. You're not going to be able to combat log forever I'm sure. 

Some stated that if a hacker had teleported to them with the intent to kill them, they would combat log. Does the majority feel this way?

Well, my problem is i cant get past the insctintive reaction to fight. As soon as i realize what has happened i am shooting at anything i think might be the culprit. If i happen to still be standing (rare) after running out of ammo i will start screaming at the top of my lungs for the evil demons to come face me and kill me if they can.  There was one time i got bored and logged out after maybe 10 minutes.

Since there wasn't really any combat i don't think that counts

I'm sure some people who voted "I don't" actually do combat log. Stupid topic, stupid poll. People are liars, degenerates and you know it.

Are you always this much of an ass? I have seen you on many topics stating basically this same shit.

I DO COMBAT LOG . 

I admit that i did CL and probably will do it again . After reading all this pages about combat logging im thinking that im lossing some xp from the game . So i will try to stop CL.

The thing is in the game and untill its fixed a lot of players will CL .The bambis maybe more then others.I didnt play more than 10 hours the mod.So i'm pretty new to this game(you can call me bamby)

its pointless to insult other players(where is your education?) for theyre actions even if its not fair.Everyone its alowed to do what ever he desire even if its not fair.Its not up to you to decide what's doing what.

Tho i hope they will fix it soon so i wont be able to do it.

Happy pappy ?

Newer player, want to ask something out of confirmation:

So I've only engaged other players in combat a few times, actually surprising how many friendly or at least non-violent encounters can be had.  Of the times I have or have been engaged, I'm usually going down because I don't go straight after guns upon spawning (there's a lesson in that sentence somewhere...).  But now once I'm down in the unconscious state, do you consider it combat logging if I logout to respawn rather than waiting to see if I become conscious again (I just learned that can happen)?  I pretty much assumed logging out to respawn was a better use of my time, but I have no idea if that someone is "cheating the other player's experience" or not.

Depends... Usually no, but if I'm rubberbanding, or have a huge desync, and can't move when shots are fired, then yes I've done it.  I've been killed many times in combat no big deal, I'll lose fair and square.  However if the game isn't responding to my input, and shots are fired, I'll log.  Red chain. log. yellow chain, stay in.

50 goddamn people voted I do.. I don't want to live on this planet anymore..

50 goddamn people voted I do.. I don't want to live on this planet anymore..

With ~1,000,000 sales.

There's WAYYY more than that.

I've combat logged once.

I spawned in house after my PC crashed and a guy had just opened the door as I logged in.

All I saw was the door finish opening and a guy swap his gun out for his axe.

I thought "I just logged in, I'm not dying from this shit", and logged out.

If I had tried anything else I'd be dead and he wouldn't even get the gear due to the body bug (this was prior to the fix).

If this happened again, where I log in and I'm 1 seconds away from being butchered with no way of defending myself, I might do it again.

In any other scenario (except obvious hacks) I'd accept my fate, because I've been on the other end.

There's nothing more disappointing (except for maybe death with high level gear) then gaining the upper hand on someone who KoSed you, and far-out gears you, only for them to combat log right before you deliver the killing blow.

Nope, I didn't combat log even once and I've been playing this game ever since the early Mod builds. Actually it's the last thing on my mind during a (possible) firefight because I just love the tension! Go ahead shoot me, I don't care! I would never trade the tension for a few prestine bananas.