DayzForumer

Do you combat log?

Do you combat log?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Do you combat log?

• I do.
    • I don't.
    • Other. (Comment, please.)

every time i shoot someone they combat log - every single time !

every time someone miss more than 3 shots on me combat logs.

and in this poll 80% never combat log :P can u tell me your server please ^^ 

It gets worse. I spot people behind me occasionally, they obviously see me. I don't even turn around to let them know that I see them. They see I have a weapon, and they log out....

I wouldn't call what I do combat logging, if I get a good beach spawn however and some maniac is shooting around I will enter a house and log off.

I do think though that it is very dishonorable to log out within active combat.

I wouldn't call what I do combat logging, if I get a good beach spawn however and some maniac is shooting around I will enter a house and log off.

I do think though that it is very dishonorable to log out within active combat.

That is still combat logging, at least in my eyes.

If the guy is shooting at him I'd say its combat logging. Otherwise its just hopping to a different server.

So if you hear a shot from someone in the same city, it is combat logging, even if the shots are over 200 meters away from you and not aimed at you?

If the guy is shooting at him I'd say its combat logging. Otherwise its just hopping to a different server.

Agreed, might have jumped the gun there and overlooked the fact he only said "shooting around".

Watching a stream last night and the guys working in a three man squad (squad A) came across ( sorry don’t know the map too well) a small airfield and seen players go into what they called the camo building  the one with the Cell when you go in.

Now shooting starts and the squad outside has them bang to rights as we say. The team inside (squad  B )take a hit or two and one of three believed inside gets killed. Now one guy has a scope and two others in squad A take up position and there is no way out of it for the guys inside.

Now as things go and more or less seen every time Squad B always tends to Combat log out. But no they stay on and fight. Respect given for not being pussy’s! Now squad A outside cant believe it, they keep up the tension only for one of them getting cocky near the main door gets killed. The other two keep it up believing rightly two are still inside. Squad B risks the odd look outside and the guy with the scope cant get them.

The server then goes for a restart and Squad A accepts their luck is out and the fantastic contact is over. But no they log back in to find the guys (Squad B ) have logged back in as well.

Massive respect to the guys as even with the best excuse they all still came back. Dayz as it should be played.

Edited by sav112
  • Like 7

Combat logging and server hopping. Two sides of the same wanky coin. Shame on you I say, shame >:(

Thank christ there are no cheat codes or god mode in DayZ SA.

I imagine: "But yeah I need god mode cos if someone shoots me I might die and have to start again with no loot boo hoo"

:rolleyes:

Combat logging and server hopping. Two sides of the same wanky coin. Shame on you I say, shame > :(

I imagine: "But yeah I need god mode cos if someone shoots me I might die and have to start again with no loot boo hoo"

:rolleyes:

but there is lol

• Like 2

In a situation, lets say you and a friend are on a hospital roof. Your friend gets sniped and dies. You go prone and camp the ladder in case your attackers come up to see if you're alive. You see one of the attackers head pop up the ladder, and immediately go back down before you can get off a shot. You haven't been shot at in minutes, and you wait 5-15 minutes on the roof and nothing happens. No communication, nothing. Would logging out at this point be considered combat logging?

Edit: You don't server hop, you just take a break for the day.

Edited by Zeet.

krpt.jpg

but there is lol

Nice post, you may need to back it up a little with 'facts'.

Murpheys law, as soon as you let your guard down somethings gonna happen. Its what makes this game so great!

Maybe they should make spawn zones so you can only log out in the peripheries and not up buildings or as suggested a 15 minute clock if a shot has been fired near you. Only time you can spawn back up a building if the server restarts.

Murpheys law, as soon as you let your guard down somethings gonna happen. Its what makes this game so great!

Maybe they should make spawn zones so you can only log out in the peripheries and not up buildings or as suggested a 15 minute clock if a shot has been fired near you. Only time you can spawn back up a building if the server restarts.

I like the restriction idea, make it more radical. So people cant log in or out inside the walls of a military base.

• Like 1

I combat logged just once out of spite.

2 guys in a field near Balota.

Hit both with the mosin, but they both disconnect and bodies disappear.

Their cover dude starts firing from unknown position.

I wasn't going to give my stuff to douches. I could have probably found him as there was plenty of cover and I roughly knew where he was. I still was quite mad.

--Deleted.  As I read on, I saw a mod interject making my comment pointless --

Edited by Mdogg2005

I'll admit it. I have on 2 occasions. I know I know. Shame on me. 

the first time I honestly had to piss so bad. I was hiding behind a tree and the guy kept trying to shoot me. I seriously thought I was going to unleash in my pants. Looking back, I probably just should have told him I had to pee really bad and maybe he would have taken it easy on me. Probably not, but I should have taken it like a man. It should have been an honorable Death by AFK pissing.

The second time was when I was running food and drink out to a work buddy who was starving out in the middle of nowhere. Saw a few guys moving across a field to come and kill me. They were closing in  and I started hearing shots. Didn't want to let the starving guy down so I logged, went to another server and ran the rest of the way, then logged back in to get the goods to him. Again, I should have taken it like a man in stead of being a huge bitch about it.

And with that, I hereby solemnly swear by the blood and might of Hoxton's magic to never do that sort of pu**y ass s#it again.

At least i'm willing to admit I've done it instead lying about it. Admitting it is the first step on the road to recovery, right after solemnly swearing to Hoxton, of course.

Edited by Gekkonidae

The  poll is obviously wrong...The only way to stop combat logging is to institute restrictions. The last 5 fights I have been in 4 of the 5 were dirty combat loggers. 

Friends don't let Friends Combat Log!  If your in our crew and you combat log...you will get shot!

In the mod, if I'm dealing with zombies and the server is lagging balls and I cant get morphine or bandages to work, I will alt f4 sometimes.

Only if it's a bug or lag, and I'm not dealing with another player. 

I'll only combat log if someone is cheating to get the other hand, such as ghosting. Other than that I'm in it for better or worse. It gets tense that way, not knowing just how things will play out.

Plus I'm big on the golden rule and get pissed when people combat log on me.