Do you combat log?

Do you combat log?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Do you combat log?

• I do.
    • I don't.
    • Other. (Comment, please.)

This thread is full of liars, lol.

70% of people don't combat log? Funny how more than 70% of my squad's firefights end in the other player(s) disappearing behind a building somewhere.

Only combat logged once, I spawn in a low population server in the woods, right into the middle of a 5 man squad eating their beans

1. If I were hostile and gunned them down, I would probably have been mistaken for a hacker and I had an unfair advantage

2. I think it's fair to say it was a ridiculous situation that could never have happened in real life so I logged out before they saw me

I wouldn't blame anyone for doing the same there

I don't combat log but i can see reason to in certain situations at the minute like people server hopping in right next to you because why should someone who might not be to experienced with the game lose their hard earnt gear to someone who is exploiting the system? and the other instance would be hackers perfect to just leave.

70% of people don't combat log? Funny how more than 70% of my squad's firefights end in the other player(s) disappearing behind a building somewhere.

Tbh i think most of the people that do this doesn't hang around on the forums.

• Like 2

That implies that everyone that plays DayZ is an active forum member. 

Tbh i think most of the people that do this doesn't hang around on the forums.

And even if they hang around forum they most likely will not admit that they combat log.

I have indeed log off multiple times when i get dc near a town cause of the damn zombies. I do server hop sometimes 6 in the morning right before i quit the game for some extra ammo. I have never combat logged, where the fucking fun in that? First time i hold up a dude he logged off with cuffs on, he didnt know :D After all getting killed is a whole new experience, being alive for long is boring, had more fun with 1 day chars than 1 week old.

Dont combat log, you can die from a ladder, dont miss out the experience because of gear, even if you die it will be far more interesting than looking at your browser.

No way, I even feel bad for logging out one time when a zombie was hitting me from under the floor or invisible, I should have just ran. I instantly regretted it, and that was just a zombie.

• Like 1

And even if they hang around forum they most likely will not admit that they combat log.

Exactly.

Besides, I've played with people for hours, in teamspeak, who have angrily condemned combat logging when someone else did it to them, but the minute they took incoming or the minute people started dying, they were always the first to jump ship, usually blaming 'lagg' or 'that was unfair, so it doesn't count'.

• Like 1

oh you want to start talking about the CoD series which iv won over $1,000 in and winning a bunch for first place titles(computer gear). Yes kid please stop talking, you are retarded.

LMFAOOOO.

You just proved my point farther than I ever could. Thank you so much. Hahshashashahzgdergmoergjoergjiol.

I even gave you beans. LOLOL

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 3

I once logged out after I waited 5 minutes for a guy to come into the house I was in.

He said he was armed and he would kill me...I never saw him coming in, so I said to me "fuck this im not waiting any longer for him" and logged out.

should I feel bad now?

Nope, never have, it's supposed to be against the rules and is for people who are too obsessed with their gear.

Would be good if we could have our corpses stay in the game though so if we die we can have a chance to get to our bodies and retrieve any gear that's not been looted.

Zeet and Crakka

You have both been previously verbally warned. Stay away from each other.

Crakka, stop throwing around personal insults. You are on thin ice.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 5

Combat logged once.. I'd been severely frustrated in previous lives about dying constantly from the ladder bug, and finally got myself into a slightly decent position again to find myself confronted by a bad ass dude who didn't want to be friends... so I thought 'fuck it' and combat logged, because I was due a bit of luck which was not forthcoming.

However, I have since not combat logged, and as a result have been mugged a number of times, which I can accept.

Combat logged once.. I'd been severely frustrated in previous lives about dying constantly from the ladder bug, and finally got myself into a slightly decent position again to find myself confronted by a bad ass dude who didn't want to be friends... so I thought 'fuck it' and combat logged, because I was due a bit of luck which was not forthcoming.

However, I have since not combat logged, and as a result have been mugged a number of times, which I can accept.

Imagine the personal glory you would feel if you had stayed and managed to slay your enemy.

• Like 2

No circumstance permits a combat log, so no never but if people wanna do it, it is annoying but it is there choice to be a douche.

No, I don't.

I have done in the past, mainly to avoid death by hackers (think a long time ago in the mod).

Ah I see. You wouldn't logout if a squad of heavily geared hostiles spawned in VERY close to you?

Actually that just made me think of something. What would the effect of an APPROXIMATE respawn location be on combat logging and attackers spawning right next to you? say anywhere in a radius of 400 square meters / 40000 sq ft (so that´s 20mx20m - 200ft x 200ft). Area would be as the crow flies, so not taking stairs/elevation into consideration.

Example: Shipwreck at Rify. After battle on top deck, logger respawns on the beach. 

Edited by unicornsmustdie

No circumstance permits a combat log, so no never but if people wanna do it, it is annoying but it is there choice to be a douche.

I take it you never played the mod.

Some stated that if a hacker had teleported to them with the intent to kill them, they would combat log. Does the majority feel this way?

Imagine the personal glory you would feel if you had stayed and managed to slay your enemy.

Yes, you're right zeet.. it was a one off - I don't feel bad about it, but it does defeat the point of the game, so will not be doing it again.

• Like 1

Nope, i don't.

I'm not attached enough to my gear to log out if shit hit's the fan.

It's all about the pixshulz for some people, though. Or the multiple kilometer walk up north. Either way, no.

Edited by Konna

every time i shoot someone they combat log - every single time !

every time someone miss more than 3 shots on me combat logs.

and in this poll 80% never combat log :P can u tell me your server please ^^ 

• Like 2