dgeesio

when will base building start in the SA ?

any idea when the first sign of base building will enter SA ?

the next two big things for SA is base building and vehicles any news or info would be great.

Rocket mentioned underground bases

But we are more likely to see ways to board up houses what not before we see base building

There is no way that will be in the next 6/9 months+ I dare say .. proper zombie count, hunting and vehicles will all come before base building which in my opinion is logical and I think that's the way it should go to be honest..

Building bases is the last thing I could think about.. I more so imagine boarding up/fortifying the standard in game houses before we see any player made bases from scratch... but I'm just speculating of course.. else most houses would probably be occupied considering how popular the game is...

I'm wondering if fortifying the standard houses may come at the same time as base building just so alot of standard loot able houses aren't all fortified before actual base building is implemented..(MAYBE?)

• Like 3

There is no way that will be in the next 6/9 months+ I dare say .. proper zombie count, hunting and vehicles will all come before base building which in my opinion is logical and I think that's the way it should go to be honest..

Building bases is the last thing I could think about.. I more so imagine boarding up/fortifying the standard in game houses before we see any player made bases from scratch... but I'm just speculating of course.. else most houses would probably be occupied considering how popular the game is...

I'm wondering if fortifying the standard houses may come at the same time as base building just so alot of standard loot able houses aren't all fortified before actual base building is implemented..(MAYBE?)

the basics are already in the mod so it shouldn't be hard to add from that.if you cant add that in 6-9 months when its already available id be looking for a new job.

• Like 1

the basics are already in the mod so it shouldn't be hard to add from that.if you cant add that in 6-9 months when its already available id be looking for a new job.

PBO checks were not added after knowing about them since the mod so that may tell you something about the time frame. Maybe 2017, and yes they still have jobs it seems.

What I find even funnier about DG is on Epoch he moaned about base building ruining the game and it should never ever be in DayZ, now look at him. His words were something like base building does not belong in dayz at all.

Edited by witcher1979

PBO checks were not added after knowing about them since the mod so that may tell you something about the time frame. Maybe 2017, and yes they still have jobs it seems.

What I find even funnier about DG is on Epoch he moaned about base building ruining the game and it should never ever be in DayZ, now look at him. His words were something like base building does not belong in dayz at all.

Well when you make 20+ million in three weeks it tends to change timetables.

I expect barbwire, tank traps and fencing to make a debut sometime around the vehicle release so that is a start.

look into the wishing well and maybe we could get something similar to the "Rust" building system.

Edited by SAXX0N

They have plan to add vehicles before base building I believe.

Regardless, when they do add vehicles it "kind of" solves two problems in one, since, being able to store items in vehicles will most likely become the temporary "bases" until further content is added.  

• Like 2

I'm just speculating once again..considering how long it made the awesome folks to make the game, i don't think its much of a wait to be honest... and trust me friend its going to be a wait..

no....epoch is a disease . base building is good if done well in epoch its bad. you can glitch through walls get in bases steal destroy loot in bases from outside. often the big bases are controlled by admins wgo gave themselves the gear through admin exploitation. that is why i didnt like epoch. also it supports pay to win disguised as donations.

so base building is great . epoch isn't. :)

under ground bases and structures could be cool maybe routes through sewers in big cities like churno could be ace and scarey with zombies and them rats they created many moons ago ;)

I think base building is a silly idea TBH. We have all these empty houses and structures, why would anyone waste time building something from scratch?

What I would like to see is some kind of gear storage, i.e. tents/stashes like in the mod, although I think they need to disappear on their owner's death.

• Like 9

I think base building is a silly idea TBH. We have all these empty houses and structures, why would anyone waste time building something from scratch?

What I would like to see is some kind of gear storage, i.e. tents/stashes like in the mod, although I think they need to disappear on their owner's death.

Tents! tents! tents! tents! Wilderness zombie survival! I agree 10 fold.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 2

no....epoch is a disease . base building is good if done well in epoch its bad. you can glitch through walls get in bases steal destroy loot in bases from outside. often the big bases are controlled by admins wgo gave themselves the gear through admin exploitation. that is why i didnt like epoch. also it supports pay to win disguised as donations.

so base building is great . epoch isn't.  :)

under ground bases and structures could be cool maybe routes through sewers in big cities like churno could be ace and scarey with zombies and them rats they created many moons ago  ;)

Dude. Base building on Epoch is the best base building in all of DayZ. They only had limited things to work with. I ask you to try and get inside my base in epoch. You wont, and I can tell you I have less than 75 building pieces. You really are mistaking if you think base building is bad in Epoch. What would you like, preset bases? Items you can just drop, like from wasteland, and have a makeshift base. You are really nieve.

Also, Personally base building should be cool, but it will also ruin any servers that don't have proper admin deletion of bases. So many randoms will fill servers with incomplete bases that it won't even be able to handle 30+ people on the server without lag. They should focus on tents, and vehicles, just like DayZ was meant to be played. It's very clear that you don't have the mental capacity to help with guiding this alpha towards the future. I hope whatever server you play on, the admins don't listen to you. And, learn to spell Cherno?

And just because I forgot, how does a base get made through admin exploitation? They just spawn in all the pieces? Cause thats the only way to make bases? I've never been helped by admins, and I enjoy my base. Because I worked for it. If you want a huge base, go play wasteland. Epoch isn't about having a huge base. It's about having somewhere to store your loot, in between killing n00bs. I feel like you are too busy complaining about the game to actually enjoy it.

Sorry to all those offended by my thoughts. But I had to step in here to let this douche know he's dumb.

• Like 4

Hunting for other players hidden tent bases will be fun, especially when they add in animals to hunt along the way. ;)

Very true, but they dont want to copy stuff from the mod.

They want to develop something 10x more complex for the SA to make it stand out, coz if its the same whats the purpose?

Dont you think if they just copied from the mod, we would have SO much more content by now?

Thats the entire purpose of SA, to make it into the game the mod cannot be.

Back on track:

Dont expect any kind of huge content updates any time soon, work is still focussed on the "foundation" of the engine, so 9/10 things they make the next 1-2 months is something you arent gonna notice tbh.

Once the foundation is sturdy and ready for big content upgrades, we will see alot of this come into the game, but untill then most of the pathces will be "under the hood stuff".

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 3

Agreed, most of the time it is just best to stick DG on ignore.

For me once the PBO fix is done I will be back playing. I just hate the fact those people can run around like that while the rest of us are playing fair. Everything else on SA will come in time.

fucking tents first...lol

we dont even have shit saving on servers yet, nevermind base building.

the day that tents and vehicles stay on servers after reset will be a great sign that it has gotten near/past the mod in features and function.

• Like 1

Tents will be a major game changer, can't wait. Tents/PBO fix and I am set for a year :) I also hope when they add cars they are rare and the parts are rare, I remember playing the mod and if you were lucky enough to have a car you were like a god amongst men.

Edited by witcher1979
  • Like 1

Dude. Base building on Epoch is the best base building in all of DayZ. They only had limited things to work with. I ask you to try and get inside my base in epoch. You wont, and I can tell you I have less than 75 building pieces. You really are mistaking if you think base building is bad in Epoch. What would you like, preset bases? Items you can just drop, like from wasteland, and have a makeshift base. You are really nieve.

Also, Personally base building should be cool, but it will also ruin any servers that don't have proper admin deletion of bases. So many randoms will fill servers with incomplete bases that it won't even be able to handle 30+ people on the server without lag. They should focus on tents, and vehicles, just like DayZ was meant to be played. It's very clear that you don't have the mental capacity to help with guiding this alpha towards the future. I hope whatever server you play on, the admins don't listen to you. And, learn to spell Cherno?

And just because I forgot, how does a base get made through admin exploitation? They just spawn in all the pieces? Cause thats the only way to make bases? I've never been helped by admins, and I enjoy my base. Because I worked for it. If you want a huge base, go play wasteland. Epoch isn't about having a huge base. It's about having somewhere to store your loot, in between killing n00bs. I feel like you are too busy complaining about the game to actually enjoy it.

Sorry to all those offended by my thoughts. But I had to step in here to let this douche know he's dumb.

its easy to glitch into bases you obviously don't know about it don't worry. there are many glitches.

bases structures to store loot which cant be entered gives a purpose a reason to do something its another product that can be done ingame. additions to keep you from being bored or a purpose are good.

houses could be fortified true. maybe locked and taken up residence for starting and log off purposes.

as for why people would build shelters in un populated areas that alone iust common sense alot don't want to hold up in populated areas as it is more dangerous and a well hidden camp or base or building would probably not be visited as much as say a fortified house in churno. so there is reasoning for it.

There is more to the map than Cherno and Elektro mate...

@Mos1ey

TBH, base building is not dumb, even with open houses. The houses in Dayz are too stactic for me. We would need alot of options to customized them to feel like a "home" or even an accomplishment of some sort.

Camp building would be a nice start.

Also, bikes.