Zedicologist

A sucker for Alpha's.

Ive taken part in a lot of the mainstream early access alpha builds.  And 99% of them, i felt like i completely wasted my money on it.  I would just lose interest in the game and never went back to it.

With DayZ i went in expecting the worst and not getting my hopes up too high for the game.  Been waiting for it since it was announced like 1 1/2 years ago?  something like that.

I am more than pleased with the state of the game considering its in ALPHA!  Ive already put in almost 120 hours in game and considering i have 2 kids and a job ( I might have a problem atm lol)!  That's more hours played than any AAA game i have bought in the last 2 years.  Even in its alpha state, the game launched with very few truly game breaking bugs or issues.  A hiccup here or there with the rubber banding issues but it got fixed in a resonable time. But At least i could play the game on release unlike some recent games (BF4). 

Im having fun with just keeping up to date with all the Info about upcoming patches and content going to be added to the game.  

Mod aside, SA is truly a new kind of game.  They are breaking away from a lot of things. me as a gamer, im really tired of the same concepts being thrown around and copy and pasted onto so called new games(BF4).  Developers have just  beating stuff into the ground to where i dont really have fun playing most games anymore.  

Im glad to see this team break away from the pack and pave there own roads.  The games already a success as of now roughly 900,000 copies have been sold.  Hopefully they continue to work as hard as what they have been to keep there word and make the game that they've promised.  If so they will sure in the hell have my support.

So if some of you out there are not happy with the state of the game as of now, i suggest you read up on the future of the game.  Except it for what it is now (an ALPHA) and speculate on what it will be.  Cause trust me, this ALPHA is 100 times better than most out there on early acces.

Anyways, sorry if i offended any BF fans out there but sorry that game is seriously sh*t.

Edited by Zedicologist
  • Like 4

I actually watched my friends stream of him playing it, talked trash on it for the first three whole days he was in Skype while playing it... He finally convinced me to buy it and for 30$ hell why not. I haven't said a single negative thing about it since I started playing. In fact, I defend it like a crazed fan! It is truly something new, like you said.

i cant agree more this game is defiantly some thing to be hold and posses great potential and you are right games like bf4 is just the same game over and over again to me it just seems like they dont care about their customers no more and i hope you stick around for beta as it will be amazing 

I like it but unfortunately seeing as it's in alpha the only so called end game is camping a town with a mosin and killing on site

Endgame is a tired buzzword.

It's a survival game. Enjoy the journey.

But to the OP, I'm with you. Have some beans.

I like it but unfortunately seeing as it's in alpha the only so called end game is camping a town with a mosin and killing on site

Well you must be one of those shit players who aren't good enough at going to other parts of the map other than Cherno or electro

But yeh dayz is a great game, put in around 60 hours into it (would've put more if I wasn't away for two weeks) and loved every minute of it

I agree to an extent. Also, I don't even consider BF3/BF4 a part of the BF series. There too bad to be called BF.

A thread not bitching about a small missing feature? What is this craziness?

Well said all around. There were warnings everywhere yet people still bitch. Issues have been expected and minimal, from my playtime. Keep up thegood stuff Dayz team!

I am right there with you OP.  I quit playing for years.  Stopped playing MMORPGS, stopped playing the AAA FPS games.  Would piddle with my son as he grew up and would play with him, more to be doing something with him.  A chance encounter with a co-worker and a discussion about the zombie apocalypse and I have been playing the mod ever since.  I have not be as excited about a new came coming out in a decade.  And I got the stand alone as soon as I heard about it (luckily same day).  I accept it's in alpha, but I don't care.  It speaks to me like nothing has in a couple decades of playing.  It brought back the love of loosing yourself in something for a while.  It's been a joy.  I look forward to each addition to the game as they work towards their goals.

Out