jjkjwo6@yahoo.com

dayz surpassed in population

DayZ sales are doing great. The troubling point is that over the time that DayZ sales have increased two times, the number of concurrent players has actually dropped. One might suggest that players are abandoning DayZ and new purchases are not enough to replace the massive player drop.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

It hasn't sold a million copies. There are no "game breaking" issues because this is an alpha you moron. Rust is minecraft ripoff of DayZ and sucks.

7 dayz to die is a rip off rust is a little similar but not very similar

rust is now above dayz in concurrent players.

all I know is, if I sold a million game copies, i woudlnt wait no damn 4 weeks to fix game breaking issues

http://steamcharts.com/

That's Current players which means nothing. (More players in 'X' Country brought rust and happen to be awake/free to play atm)

Also, DayZ hasnt sold 1 Million copies yet, fair its close, but not yet, and as far as im aware, the game is stable, and there are no game breaking bugs. 

Got anymore un-backed up points for me to shit all over?

EDIT : Im not bashing rust or anything, game looks fantastic, I just think this thread is moot. Its not a popularity contest. Shits like CoD and BF for Christs sake. 

Edited by Mopp_94

7 dayz to die is a rip off rust is a little similar but not very similar

7 Days to die came out before rust. And neither are anything like DayZ bar the fact that there's an open world and zombies. 

Have you even played either rust or 7DTD?

Edited by Mopp_94

rust is now above dayz in concurrent players.

all I know is, if I sold a million game copies, i woudlnt wait no damn 4 weeks to fix game breaking issues

http://steamcharts.com/

Alpha is all about adding as many of the features planned for the game as possible, and not so much about making it playable, that comes later.

7 Days to die came out before rust. And neither are anything like DayZ bar the fact that there's an open world and zombies. 

Have you even played either rust or 7DTD?

zombies are place holders in rust.

They are getting removed soon.

The only thing all of these games share in common is survival each has great qualities but imo none have the total package.

The stats for Peak Players and Hours Played weigh heavily in DayZ's favour compared to Rust though.

Those DotA numbers are crazy

DotA is crazy ;-)

I got myself Rust about 2 weeks ago and while its not that bad as a game if you count out the bazillion hackers/scriptkids it doesnt come close to DayZ as a game overall because:

1. Map is to small

2. Because of 1 you have a very hard time getting a foodhold as a single person on a server with already established people/groups active.

3. Its a massive grindfest, to get your stuff half way secure you need a massive troll proof base, good luck getting the resources stockpiled for that without being raided in your 1st smaller base on a daily basis.

4. Tons of Admins abuse their power, I got banned from a server because the admin thought a 1 day old player shouldnt be able to get an airspawn :facepalm: , another one turned off airspawns after he was the only one that was holding a C4 blueprint and therefor Godmode.

5. If you play on a low pop server and can farm unharmed you done with this game in 2-3 days, have above mentioned base, all high end gear, raided all houses of not so smart players which makes them leave the server, then you sit with 2 others on that server and get braindead of boredom.

Edited by GrumpyFragger

I know we're, like, not supposed to flame and stuff. But in this case I think even the mods have to agree you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

Wow wow wow....

Lets calm down abit here hehe.

DayZ isnt even a game yet, its a broken "way-to-early" alpha build, and the devs have written this everywhere:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. 

So basicly you are comparing a game, which isnt even a game yet, to theese titles, which have been in development for a lot longer.
Give DayZ a year to develop into an actual game and then start comparassing.

The fact that they have sold over 900.000 copies of DayZ, is simply mind blowing, but it does not prove anything yet.

This is still NOT A GAME yet, stop acting like its anything other then a huge stress test of the architecture atm.

In the meantime...

10. DayZ            17,135      45,398      14,862,798

11. Garry's Mod 15,542      57,327      19,130,985

12. Rust             15,032      27,206        8,559,193

Now DayZ leads. Now what OP, now what!?

Edited by Nereus77

You have to wonder though, when DayZ gets beat by Skyrim with more than 10k concurrent players! And that game is single-player and over 2 years old.. Game on!

You have to wonder though, when DayZ gets beat by Skyrim with more than 10k concurrent players! And that game is single-player and over 2 years old.. Game on!

Skyrim is also a complete game, how many players did it have in Alpha?

Why does it matter to any of you where this game ranks in # of players?

well not to flame but, player numbers will go up and down at this point due to be being early stage, what we got is pretty much the base core for the full game, even so is still fun. But because we dont much else to do ppl will play other stuff, mean while bugs are reported and fixed, once new things are added people come back and play, numbers go up. Heck Rocket is a gamer too i take for him to relax some he also play other games.

They sold alot in just 4 weeks, so this thread is a waste of space.

Posts like this make me wish I didn't have to waste my tax dollars on public education.

This, so very much. Hell, statement could apply to 80% of the threads now. Entitled little runts...

• Like 1

I don't like the graphics on rust. Why not just play dayz epoch. better graphics and same concept as rust.

Hm. Minecraft HD is doing well.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm surprised that many people play Left4Dead still. x_x

L4D2 was free a few weeks back...lots of people got it, legitimately DDOS'd Steam on xmas day :)

Also I gotta say looking at other people's schlongs for hours on end is not everyone's cup of tea, along with terrible graphics, small map size and horrid animations and physics.

It's an alpha.

DayZ is lacking in content right now. I'm not surprised the player numbers are dropping and IMO it isn't a problem.

They have the game and they'll be back when there's more to hold there interest.

We still have a long way to go with development!

• Like 1