Sign in to follow this  
Tizzle

Loot Farm Servers

Today when i first logged on to DayZ and i was perusing for a server to hop on, I stumbled upon a server called "Loot Farm, reset every 20 minutes".

After reading the title of the server, i experienced two emotions:

1. Anger- Obviously its whoever rented the server's intention to set up some kind of easy loot farming system for newbies with no integrity, but it's just such a dumb waste of a server. It's the epitome of the screwed up loot farming/server hopping atmosphere that seems to permeate the alpha thus far. 

2. Depression- It depresses me that people are still trying to take the easy way out. The worst part is the 20 minute server reset that would literally allow someone to run in a military base, grab the loot, wash, rinse, and repeat.

Has anyone else run into these types of servers? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts

• Like 2

so what can people do with serves?

Chose if its day or night and how often it restarts?

because that is a very fast restart,and I heard a no pvp server made the server restart when ever some one was killed by a player.

These servers man :(

Yup. I've seen these as well. I know rocket is going to deal with server hopping, ghosting and combat logging, but I really hope the dev team figures this out too. Once they get loot respawning, I'm hoping there would be zero benefit to frequent server restarts.

Also, it would be cool if high value loot only spawns into servers with lots of players. I.e. The player count is a multiplier of some kind. This would keep people from having password protected servers that they use as their own private loot farm.

• Like 3

They simply should not be able to have a reset that quickly, I would argue for a minimum of 2 hours before a reset. Also how long is it going to take to put in a way to deter server hoping? So annoying!

• Like 2

If you would like to see the developers make it so server restarts do not give free loot, please go beans & comment on my Suggestion thread: Loot: Mysterious and Unpredictable. I would appreciate the feedback.

Top suggestion is to make loot spawn well after a server restart. Servers should restart empty so admins cannot abuse restarts to farm loot.

• Like 1

in a way i like this as if it'll keep the hoppers away from joining the servers i'm in and clearing out the loot before i can make the trek then they can keep them haha

• Like 1

Report servers that are run by scum who violate their service agreements. 

Think of it this way...Some loser is paying at least $60 a month to rent a server just so he and his friends can gear up in a game where they'll probably lose it when they go to another sever or when they get sniped.  Not only that but he's vulnerable to having his server revoked without a refund when/if he's caught.

in a way i like this as if it'll keep the hoppers away from joining the servers i'm in and clearing out the loot before i can make the trek then they can keep them haha

Hahaha that's definitely a different perspective on it

• Like 1

Also, it would be cool if high value loot only spawns into servers with lots of players. I.e. The player count is a multiplier of some kind. This would keep people from having password protected servers that they use as their own private loot farm.

thats a pretty good idea

As bull crap as a server like that is the renter of said server seems to have read the current rules for server hosting and is skating well sadly within in the rules ( although such and obvious slap in the face i hope they can take it away from him in any way LOL.

Zeds idea on the loot spawn is kinda a good idea sad that they would have to resort to a mechanic to prevent this sort of thing happening but oh the wonderfull age we live in with kids with access to the parents credit cards and adults still behaving in some cases as kids ( i am guilty of this lol keeps me young)

As for tingunz mate beanhs for being able to see something trully shite and instead of losing ya shite over it actually seeing a positive ( even if it was a joke)

I was pretty vocal about the lack of administration of the hive server in the mod. But, it's even more depressing seeing the same lack of enforcement happening in standalone. PvE, loot farm, battleye disabled, & 24/7 day servers shouldn't be tolerated on the official hive.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 2

PvE, loot farm, battleye disabled, & 24/7 day servers shouldn't be tolerated on the official hive.

Yep. I can only hope and pray that these sorts of servers don't make it to the final release, or even the beta!

Oh my god, they are violating the sanctity of the game! How dare they! These issues will resolve themselves in time.

Today when i first logged on to DayZ and i was perusing for a server to hop on, I stumbled upon a server called "Loot Farm, reset every 20 minutes".

After reading the title of the server, i experienced two emotions:

1. Anger- Obviously its whoever rented the server's intention to set up some kind of easy loot farming system for newbies with no integrity, but it's just such a dumb waste of a server. It's the epitome of the screwed up loot farming/server hopping atmosphere that seems to permeate the alpha thus far. 

2. Depression- It depresses me that people are still trying to take the easy way out. The worst part is the 20 minute server reset that would literally allow someone to run in a military base, grab the loot, wash, rinse, and repeat.

Has anyone else run into these types of servers? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts

People don't have integrity because they join farm servers?

I'm sorry, but that is not true, a very ignorant statement. I'm sure you are smart enough to find another word.

Hate to break the news to you,but its been going for 8 months that I know of in the old mod.

Rollback a patch or two, more and there they are.

20 player server with one that I found that had 36 chopper crash sites that I could see just from Stary Sobor  hill.How do you think the guys in the trading threads got all the gear with ease for trading.

Hate to break the news to you,but its been going for 8 months that I know of in the old mod.

Rollback a patch or two, more and there they are.

20 player server with one that I found that had 36 chopper crash sites that I could see just from Stary Sobor  hill.How do you think the guys in the trading threads got all the gear with ease for trading.

I hope they don't add that kind of customization of the servers to the standalone. We bought a game, not a mod. I and many others don't want to see those types of servers existing. It damages the core vanilla gameplay.

I'm sorry, but that is not true, a very ignorant statement. I'm sure you are smart enough to find another word.

Integrity- the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness

I'm saying that the people that abuse these servers have no desire to play the game as it is meant to be played, i.e. roaming the countryside from city to city to find loot, not camping out near a military base and waiting for the loot to reset every 20 minutes

"integrity
ɪnˈtɛgrɪti/
noun
noun: integrity
1. The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles."

I would say that it's a valid statement and I agree with him.

These are basically lazy man's servers so that people can gear up fast and then use said gear to deathmatch against legitimate players.
Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

I definitely do not think it is a priority but servers like this should not be allowed because it goes against how the game is meant to be played and it attracts the wrong sort of player the kind that wants to gear up to end game in 20 minutes and go kill people.

• Like 1

"it would be cool if high value loot only spawns into servers with lots of players"

Hi.

Terrible idea. I'd rather not be forced to play on carebear daytime servers. How about instead high value loot only spawns in the night time.

I know that's a bad idea too, but your idea forces people to play on daytime-only servers.

B.T.W. I could care less if my idea forces the carebears to play on proper servers. Daytime servers have basically ruined the game. Most times when I log in proper servers have 1-5 players whilst the daytime only servers are chock full with the carebears.

Regards.

• Like 1

wouldnt it wipe your main character though?

god people complain about getting wiped all the time, so i think a server like this is going to wipe you every time you go back to hive...maybe?

All i know is if i dont stay with the obvious server names/companies i get wiped. Wouldnt be willing to sac that on loot farming servers.

enjoy nubs

I'd rather not be forced to play on carebear daytime servers. How about instead high value loot only spawns in the night time.

With a fix to the loot spawning system hopefully around the corner, i wouldn't mind seeing higher value things spawn in more dangerous scenarios or places, like your night time idea

I'm not sure if anything has changed since the last post as I've only been playing 1-2 months but I hope valuable loot becomes more prevalent.  I just got on a "High Loot 24-7 daytime server".   It had the same amount of loot and the same amount of time in the night cycle, and it took me over an hour to find my first firearm, a shitty shotgun, just a few days ago.  Before that, the closest thing I've found to a gun was an m4 foregrip and mosin ammo, right before I got killed by a zombie who walked through a wall and killed me while I was over 6 feet away.

1- I'm still not very good

2- My computer is decent (but still not up to par for playing this game at a decent frame rate). I usually get 15-24 frames while out of the cities.

Please update soon: collision detection and loot spawning.

Besides those and a few other things, it's a fun, enjoyable game but I hope y'all get the bugs fixed, and this game doesn't go into the pile of games/digital content that I end up wishing I hadn't wasted my money on because it shows a lot of promise.

Good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way, but this thread is only 2 pages long. We're severely outnumbered. =(

In an ideal world, all the servers would be owned and operated by BI, but that would never happen has there is money to be made. In an ideal world, instead of there being 10 full servers and 100s of servers with less than 5 players each, we'd have 50 full servers(obviously those numbers aren't accurate, but you get my point). In an ideal world, people would play a game because they actually like it and not because it's popular. In an ideal world....

Unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world.