elf cakes

Why aren't PvE servers allowed?

This is such a idiotic statement. You can choose to play PvE, Trading, PvP, or normal. So when people CHOOSE to play PvE they have the right to complain how they are restricting them?

I CHOOSE to have kids, does that give me a right to complain to the government that I have to waste my time getting them to school, buying them food, and overall RESTRICTING me from my free time?

(Just a example I don't have kids)

Lmao, you don't get to CHOOSE which type of server you play on besides very basic things like 3p or FP; they're isn't any playstyle restrictions, If you honestly believe my statement was referring to people's playstyles rather than them whining about not having an invincible bubble to go "na na na na na!!!" behind, then please. DO NOT HAVE KIDS.You are doing the world a HUGE fucking favor.

Edit: By the way, thanks for referring to my statement as idiotic while at the same time completely missing the context. Your a true show of character buddy.

Edited by Flight96
  • Like 2

As long as there are enough servers for people to play on, this shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. The normal PVP servers can hold their WW2 reenactments on the coast, testing those areas and the immersion, zombie apocalypse guys who perhaps know [too] damn well they wouldn't wage war on their neighbors post-zombies, can roam the lands testing bugs everywhere else.

I personally have been reenacting D-day, but thats just me.

• Like 3

I can't wait till the private hive servers are implemented, because I'm gonna love to watch the results. My prediction is less than 10% of players will be on private hives. When pro private/pve players realize the meaning of a private hive server they're going to be truly disappointed. I believe that most players that want a "private" or "pve" feature are looking for easy loot and shortcut to a kos frenzy on another server.

Spoiler Alert: That's never going to happen.

There's plenty of other games that do the whole pve zombie thing better than Dayz ever will. With that being said, if you pay $60 plus a month for Dayz PVE you need your head checked.

• Like 2

Why aren't this type of server allowed? I'm not a massive fan of them, but why are the devs against it? surely people can play however they want? don't you think it's unfair that just because it's not the popular opinion that they aren't allowed? people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

inb4 they shouldnt be allowed because being a carebear is wrong, jesus just let them be. if they're on their own then surely they're not harming anyone else.

While I couldn't care less that people want to play on pve only servers that isn't something that should be happening on the public hive and they should have their servers terminated for kicking people off for killing. If they could make it so those characters were unable to ever leave that server then I wouldn't care, but I wouldn't want to play a game knowing that I had to risk my ass for every piece of gear I had and perhaps lose it to someone that risked nothing. Server hopping is bad enough but at least those losers risk getting shot each time they spawn in. People that want pve only just need to be patient and run their servers when private hives are allowed. Until then, maybe grow some balls, group up in a 10-15 person squad and regulate your server the old fashioned way. Vigilante justice is the only justice you will have right now as there aren't any lazy options available within the rules. 

• Like 1

exactly. there's no rule against bloody PvP DEATHMATCH ONLY servers now is there? because they're totally realistic and clearly what the devs had in mind.

They don't need a rule against that because it would be completely impossible to do? Maybe that.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

I give zero shits about if a pve server is against the rules, I'll play on them and be civil till I feel the need to not be, then I'll find some poor fuck on a different server.

Nope.

When you rent a server you agree to certain rules, if you stop paying for your server, you'll lose it, if you break the rules you'll lose it too.

You can easily play DayZ cooperatively and you're free to do what you want, but so are all other players. You're not allowed to dictate how other players play and you're not allowed to kick other players from your DayZ server, just because you own the server. If you can't accept the rules, don't rent a server.

And yes kos glory hounds, scripters, hackers, ghosters and jackasses are allowed to dictate how we play? No, that shit doesent fly.

• Like 2

And yes kos glory hounds, scripters, hackers, ghosters and jackasses are allowed to dictate how we play? No, that shit doesent fly.

No one is dictating which way you play, you can go about your business in any which way you like.

Others can do the same.

Also, I'm pretty sure PvE servers won't prevent hacking...

• Like 1

No one is dictating which way you play, you can go about your business in any which way you like.

Others can do the same.

Man...doesn't it SUCK that shit like this ^ needs to be explained to people?

• Like 1

And yes kos glory hounds, scripters, hackers, ghosters and jackasses are allowed to dictate how we play?

Yes, that's it. Throw killers into the same category as people who are breaking the rules of the game. That definitely demonstrates what a strong argument you have.

Why are PvP glory hounds less respectable than PvE "glory hounds?"

Oh, right. 'cause you said so.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Man...doesn't it SUCK that shit like this ^ needs to be explained to people?

That's not the point son, contribute something constructive.

• Like 1

Yes, that's it. Throw killers into the same category as people who are breaking the rules of the game. That definitely demonstrates what a strong stance you're arguing from.

I lump them into that category for one simple reason. Most of them spawn camp. Now if your killing people in that way, preventing them from advancing, are you not dictating how they play?

That's not the point son, contribute something constructive.

You don't even get the luxury of a thought out reply from me, read the thread before judging 'Son'.

You must be an old fuck going around calling people son lol...See? I can judge people too!

• Like 1

Lmao, you don't get to CHOOSE which type of server you play on besides very basic things like 3p or FP; they're isn't any playstyle restrictions, If you honestly believe my statement was referring to people's playstyles rather than them whining about not having an invincible bubble to go "na na na na na!!!" behind, then please. DO NOT HAVE KIDS.You are doing the world a HUGE fucking favor.

Edit: By the way, thanks for referring to my statement as idiotic while at the same time completely missing the context. Your a true show of character buddy.

Yes, you do. Look at the server browser, type pvp in the host for pvp servers. Type trade for trade servers, type pve for pve servers. Everything else is normal.

Where did you get the idea I was thinking your comment was about playstyles.

You said pve people restrict other people? HOW? There are servers for pve. There. PvP are trying to restrict pve by removing pve servers, which my comment attempts to argue against.

The rest of your statement is just a show of ignorance and cowardice. Instead of trying to directly refute my points, you directly attack a example by linking it to real life. Then you imply that me saying your statement was idiotic while "not getting your post," is not a show of character. It has nothing to do with character, unless you can show me a definition and example from a reliable dictionary.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, NO ONE should be having kids, population is too high.

• Like 3

You don't even get the luxury of a thought out reply from me, read the thread before judging 'Son'.

You must be an old fuck going around calling people son lol...See? I can judge people too!

Would you prefer junior, sport?

Act like an ass, get treated as such.

• Like 1

Okay guys, stop the insults. It's not necessary.

• Like 1

people can have their server removed WITHOUT REFUND? that's ridiculous. if there's no legitimate reason then why not?

I guess people who use hacks should also be allowed to keep their accounts. In fact, while we are at it, why don't we just let people pick where on the map they spawn and gear up completely unopposed so they can go camp some hill on a PvP server before getting killed and spending another 10 minutes gear grinding before getting to kill some more people. Better yet, we just let them pick the gear they spawn with and make a zombie wave survival. Like there aren't a million of them that people can go play if they don't like how DayZ works.

Yes, you do. Look at the server browser, type pvp in the host for pvp servers. Type trade for trade servers, type pve for pve servers. Everything else is normal.

Where did you get the idea I was thinking your comment was about playstyles.

You said pve people restrict other people? HOW? There are servers for pve. There. PvP are trying to restrict pve by removing pve servers, which my comment attempts to argue against.

The rest of your statement is just a show of ignorance and cowardice. Instead of trying to directly refute my points, you directly attack a example by linking it to real life. Then you imply that me saying your statement was idiotic while "not getting your post," is not a show of character. It has nothing to do with character, unless you can show me a definition and example from a reliable dictionary.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, NO ONE should be having kids, population is too high.

Wow, this guy truly believes that there are PvE strict servers out there just because the server title says so..? Why are you still conversing with me lol..Your logic is making me more and more idiotic the more i read it. (See what i did there? I called your logic idiotic because you called my statement idiotic when it really- nevermind..)

Oh yeah, and did i say that PvE people restrict other people? No, why are you trying to put words in my mouth to strengthen your own bullshit?

I said, they "TRY" to restrict other people by coming on the forums and doing their best to complain about how PvE servers are the way to go and there's no reason for saying otherwise.

This is the last reply you will get from me, i honestly believe this is all just a big mis understanding and you called my statement idiotic under the wrong impressions and implications. 

In short, find something better to do with your time instead of trying to attack others because they share a difference in opinion.

I lump them into that category for one simple reason. Most of them spawn camp. Now if your killing people in that way, preventing them from advancing, are you not dictating how they play?

Spawn camping is impossible in this game. You don't spawn in the same place after you die.

So, no. They're not dictating how people play.

Wow, this guy truly believes that there are PvE strict servers out there just because the server title says so..? Why are you still conversing with me lol..Your logic is making me more and more idiotic the more i read it. (See what i did there? I called your logic idiotic because you called my statement idiotic when it really- nevermind..)

Oh yeah, and did i say that PvE people restrict other people? No, why are you trying to put words in my mouth to strengthen your own bullshit?

I said, they "TRY" to restrict other people by coming on the forums and doing their best to complain about how PvE servers are the way to go and there's no reason for saying otherwise.

This is the last reply you will get from me, i honestly believe this is all just a big mis understanding and you called my statement idiotic under the wrong impressions and implications. 

In short, find something better to do with your time instead of trying to attack others because they share a difference in opinion.

Jesus christ, your refuting point is playing a game of semantics.

• Like 1

There are no such things as PvE servers mate. They don't exist. You can put that in the title of your server if you want but it's meaningless. It's against the rules and no real PvE servers will ever exist.

And nobody is restricting how anyone plays. You can play HOWEVER YOU WANT on a regular server. PvE, PvP or (as most people do) a mix.

Get it?

Would you prefer junior, sport?

Act like an ass, get treated as such.

Thanks for actually addressing my point which was. I am actually contributing to the thread, if you look through it you would see that. I'm done with you too.

No need no ignince.

Edited by Flight96

Wandering the coasts looking for them counts

So your idea of "dictating how you play" is making it so you can't be an idiot and stand out in the open on the coast?

By that rationale, zombies dictate how you play and are big meanies for it.

(just gonna make a blanket comment over everyone who's against my arguement because it seems like my opinion is the minority and to reply to all the people against it would take longer than time itself) i'm only trying to make the point that i don't think it's fair that people are having money taken off them for trying to make a safe zone for people who want to play like that. 

what's wrong with that? if your arguement is that it's breaching the terms of the server contract, then ask why is it in the contract? if people don't want to join a non-pvp server then it's not like they have to. 

to all the people saying it hinders the game - that is completely irrelevant because the people on these servers clearly want to play it like that and have just as much fun as everyone else. 

but even then, you people won't back down because this has become a flame war. i'll probably leave this topic now because no one is ever going to win this arguement, and i can't be arsed repeating my original statement which very few people have seemed to properly read.

• Like 1