Sign in to follow this  
kd11080

Death is final?

Wait can you read the books you find in game or am I being a silly goose?

Yes you can, all 2000 pages of the bible.

we have enough of your kind as well.

Barely any of my kind. Maybe that's just enough for your kind, but not enough for mine.

well i hope they dont slant it to much against the solo, loner type.  I like the idea of being a loner in a wasteland, preying on people. Hunting......

There is no slant, the game is skill based. If you are skilled at observing your surroundings, stealth, and aiming your weapons, you'll be able to fight off/kill most players / small groups. If you're careless you'll get spotted and get KOS a lot. Thats how DayZ works.

Edited by FraB

i can see this turning into a hate thread, inb4graveyard

Epi = epinephrine = artificial adrenaline. It is essentially adrenaline.  :)

Touché.  That is one of the many reasons I did not become a doctor.  Or healer, for the mmo fan, medic in this case.  Anywho, I had some when I used to get allergy shots, but never got to use it.  Do you know how tempting it is to hold an auto injector in your hands and not use it on yourself?  And now that I know it was basically artificial Adrenaline, I have so many regrets.  But I stand by my earlier statement that morphine should be used on yourself.  Morphine is, just, right on.  (deep breath, lets out slowly)  right on...

Edit: But not in real life.  Only in the game.  There is a time and place for everything, and in rl it's college.

Edited by MuddyRaccoon

Eventually, there will be tents. So you can stash spare rations, weapons and supplies to help get you going after death. Tents, when they get introduced, can get raided though. So hide your shit well.

The game will progress so your not carrying your entire life savings on your back.

We've already got enough of your kind here...

That's what I'm worried about. I have yet to buy the game. I've been watching some videos from over a year and a half ago (late to the party, I know). It seemed like the guys playing it were having a real fun time, but there were some hunter/killers out there, but lots of friendly folk.

Now, every video I see from recent gameplay is of a bunch of thugs making first-timers take their pants off before killing them. I don't want to blow $30 and play this a couple times only to never return because I'm tired of getting hunted down by people who have been playing this game for ages and who just like torturing the new folk. 

I would probably not like this game, as people play it now, right? 

Edited by amc2002

That's what I'm worried about. I have yet to buy the game. I've been watching some videos from over a year and a half ago (late to the party, I know). It seemed like the guys playing it were having a real fun time, but there were some hunter/killers out there, but lots of friendly folk.

Now, every video I see from recent gameplay is of a bunch of thugs making first-timers take their pants off before killing them. I don't want to blow $30 and play this a couple times only to never return because I'm tired of getting hunted down by people who have been playing this game for ages and who just like torturing the new folk. 

I would probably not like this game, as people play it now, right? 

If you're worried about PvP then you might as well leave now. That's basically the whole point. It wouldn't be tense without the threat of other survivors.

Not worried about PvP in general, just wondering how easy it is to find a bunch of folks to go around with who aren't just into taking peoples' pants off and killing them. Are there mostly bandits now in this game or are there decent folk too?

Not worried about PvP in general, just wondering how easy it is to find a bunch of folks to go around with who aren't just into taking peoples' pants off and killing them. Are there mostly bandits now in this game or are there decent folk too?

Hi, I play this game, I'm a decent folk. 

Touché.  That is one of the many reasons I did not become a doctor.  Or healer, for the mmo fan, medic in this case.  Anywho, I had some when I used to get allergy shots, but never got to use it.  Do you know how tempting it is to hold an auto injector in your hands and not use it on yourself?  And now that I know it was basically artificial Adrenaline, I have so many regrets.  But I stand by my earlier statement that morphine should be used on yourself.  Morphine is, just, right on.  (deep breath, lets out slowly)  right on...

Edit: But not in real life.  Only in the game.  There is a time and place for everything, and in rl it's college.

I don't think that would have been particularly enjoyable, it's not exactly a "recreational" drug. xD

Actually no. More people have shot at me on sight than have tried to make friendly contact. So your statement is wrong, from my personal experience.

Quit trying to make friends in fire-stations and airfields.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THE RESPONSE WITH THE BAMBI PICTURE!! 

First rule of dayz that i learned in the mod over a 2 years ago is DO NOT get attached to your gear in dayz.  This game tries to mimic a real life zombie apocolypse, so if you die your not going to respawn in a different area of the map with your gear.  That would make the game even more worse with all these combat loggers (which has been fixed now, somewhat).

in conemplation that dayz is just a game it speeds your heart speeds up in firefights because you can lose everything for what you spend hours to get :D

if i die too often in a row I stop playing but it's fun even if it doesn't sounds like that in the first view.

never lock yourself into your ingame stuff :D