Sign in to follow this  
stealth_katsu

I would love to see a bow and arrow in this game

Seriously though, it would be perfect. You could kill zombies in silence, arrows could be a craftable commodity in the game;

-Bundle of sticks for arrow shaft,

-Stone for arrow head

-Knife for crafting

-Rope (maybe add twine) for bow draw string.

How scary would it be to run across an open field only to feel and hear the sound of an arrow ripping by your head!

All the elements are already in game. Rocket, let is be so :)

Edited by stealth_katsu
  • Like 13

+1

maybe have sport and hunting shop for find bow and arrow :thumbsup:  ;)

• Like 1

That's a great idea!

I hope Rocket will read it, it would be good to have improvised weapons in DayZ.

Everything will have its time. I'm sure they wouldn't even THINK about not implementing a crossbow/bow and arrows along with hunting.

The only question is when.

• Like 1

Crossbows are already said to be happening. A bow would be fantastic.....providing you can retrieve your arrows.

compound bows and cross bows have been suggested in the Suggestions thread

It would be good to see a longbow and crossbow ... but for all that is sane do not bring in the nerfed disaster from the mod!

+1!!!!

I would also like a knife for a silent kill.

Combat knife is coming, check one of the threads on 1st page I think

I really like this idea actually. Mainly for hunting, but you can kill people with it too, should probably be a one hit kill.

thoughts on bows.

Hitting anything man-shaped even with a fully functional compound or recurve would take some practice. Homemade would be quite tough. Also with a homemade bow I think you would struggle to get the poundage to down a person.

In RL at my archery club we only have around 30 members and with the clubs stock bows I reckon we've probably got around 120 bows between us. With the other couple of clubs thats around 400 bows for a population of 500000. Fairly scarce.

You also need to put together a bow, string it and look after it. I'm wondering what other archers' think of bows in the game?

thoughts on bows.

Hitting anything man-shaped even with a fully functional compound or recurve would take some practice. Homemade would be quite tough. Also with a homemade bow I think you would struggle to get the poundage to down a person.

In RL at my archery club we only have around 30 members and with the clubs stock bows I reckon we've probably got around 120 bows between us. With the other couple of clubs thats around 400 bows for a population of 500000. Fairly scarce.

You also need to put together a bow, string it and look after it. I'm wondering what other archers' think of bows in the game?

I learned instictiv shooting in about 2 weeks with a recurve.. it's not that hard to hit targets which are like 15-25 yards away, even tough it's very hard to hit the exact spot (like a headshot and so on).

But i think bows are needed in a zombie game and would be absolutely awesome! The only problem i see is if you want to shot a bow without sights, like a bow built by your own it's gonna be very difficult to do the aiming process correctly. What i mean is it is going to be hard to implement in the game because of the engine and the way games are designed. You have no reddot or scope on the bow usually... so how are you going to aim?

They should implement Recurve, longbows and Compund just to keep it authentic. The Recurve and longbow sould probably do less blooddmg but you "reload" faster than the compund.

I think i have just seen a post from rocket about the topic:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/23/the-future-of-dayz-isnt-hazy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

Edited by donotlog

Cheers for the link. You are right with a homemade bow or even a long bow it would be hard to hit a person/zombie. What about arrows and fletching?

Even making bow strings by hand is an art form in itself.

Still I can't wait to see them in the game.

The only thing I see it being useful for is hunting or sently taking out zombies, I think it would be pretty hard to take down a mid-gear player with one