Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

How many people do you kill in a life on average?

How many people do you kill in a life on average?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. How many?

Depends on whether we call a server killing off my character as a life or not

In total I'm now on about 10-2 in terms of player kills / deaths...but I probably haven't averaged above 0.5 per life with all the freshspawns due to char losses :)

0-1

Never see anyone up north...

• Like 2

0-1

Never see anyone up north...

I saw one person in my life up north and they were as friendly as anything. Really is a spectacle.

• Like 1

It depends on how many people I see lol but overall I probably have a 4:1 Kill to death ratio.

I rarely play alone though so that probably helps 

I've only killed 5 people in total (If an assisted suicide of some guy in a spawn point counts).. And gotten killed twice by other players. I'm too scared to melee rush armed people.  :|

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

is hard for say :huh:

I have 2 lifes in SA where for sure I kill double numbers around 15 - 20 guys ;)

sometime I die before I find gun :o

average I think for me is 4 - 5 kill/die ratio so I vote 4 :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

I've killed about 30 on this life, maybe more. Only died twice by a players hand. One was in Bolota and the other was during login at a hospital. Bother deaths were in the first two days of SA.

I have played for 29 hours, but i have not killed a single person yet. 

Not that i didn't wanted to, but the people i have come across have been pointless to kill. And i don't do pointless kills. 

The only time i really wanted to kill someone was when i run into a guy at the military tent camp near Cherno. He had a lot of gear i was looking for. But for some reason i had a empty mag in my pistol. And when he told me it was nice to not be shot for once, i didn't have the heart to kill him anymore. So we looted the camp together and went our separated way after..

Edited by skoms
  • Like 1

I am more of a lone wolf and survive on my own but on average I kill about 1 person per life. Avoiding players is what I do, but some times there is no other option than to kill them. I don't die much as my characters stay alive for many days at a time before being killed. Up north these past few days I've been on I haven't seen a single person however.

One life, I was at balota, coming from the town heading to the military tents when I snuck up on 2 guys at the tree line about to kill someone searching the tents. All of a sudden they all opened fire and me, only armed with an axe, decided to help the poor guy being shot at in the tents. I killed both of the guys in the tree line with a couple swift hits with my axe from behind. I then hid behind a tree and tried to tell the guy "You're welcome, I'm friendly I killed them for you." while he was still opening fire after witnessing me kill them. Stupid me I should of ran the other way, he killed me anyways.

Edited by Foxhunt

The last life I died to a sniper while looting in elecktro near the school/office building. No surprise there.. The 2 times before that were thanks to falling off of the steps in a barn... annoying. However, the 2 lives before that, I decided to go on a crazy axe murdering rampage through starter towns just to have a few laughs. the first life I bagged 9 kills.

Then, I took it to elecktro. Killed 5 armed (guns) and 8 mostly armed with melee. so 13 the second life. The elecktro fiasco all started when I saw 3 players with melee weapons talking. I walked up and asked if anyone wanted to fist fight. One challenger accepted. I started playing eye of the tiger' over direct to set the mood. One guy then said 'fight', so I quickly pulled out my .357 and shot the guy in the face Dirty Harry style. then I pulled out my axe and ended up killing the other 2. One of them tagged me with a wrench, but it was a minor flesh wound. From there it was just chasing people down and sneaking up on wanna-be snipers. I was definitely seeing red that life.

I saw one person in my life up north and they were as friendly as anything. Really is a spectacle.

I voted 0 for this reason.  I play up north with a squad of 3 and it usually goes pretty smooth up there with players being understanding and not wanting to just shoot the first thing they see.

I avoid players more than kill them. I have been enjoying my new game of following them and taking photos as they sneak around.

The better question is how many times have you been shot and not died? At least 3 times for me. A stats summary at the end of each life would be great though.

• Like 1

For me it's the same amount in DayZ as it is in real life - zero.  I'm a survivalist, so I don't need to kill anyone.  Been playing over 18 months, shot at plenty to scare them off but never wanted to kill another player.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 9

I think the only time I've ever came close to killing someone was at a military base, someone fully geared popped out of a door I was about to go into and I unloaded a full magazine of my FNX45 in his direction. But after I realized it was another player I stopped shooting, but his M4 did far too much damage and my buddy watching my position sniped him for killing me. Meh, I'd rather kill zombies.  

Since i still consider myself on my first life (I didn't count the 2 time that a building kill me or the 4 character wipe), 7 kills, 0 death. I usually avoids others player and shot at everything that hold a firearm in my direction which was the case 6 times. The last one had a gun, but tried to axe is way. I lost many friends though, apparently am more careful than them.

Edited by SixGunLover

You probably crossed the North Pole and ended up in Canada

• Like 3

lol @ 30% claiming they kill 0.  That's a laugh.

I have killed 0 truthfully. I wish the question was how many times have you been killed.....

I've only actually attacked one other person (with a shovel) in 40 hours of playing, and he logged out.

I was an accomplice yesterday though, my friend did the killing but I was providing overwatch and orchestrated the ambush.

• Like 1

lol @ 30% claiming they kill 0.  That's a laugh.

There is plenty of non kos people around. We managed to kill two in about 40 hours of playing with one of our lives, one in a panic when he surprised us and another who shot first and then called friendly when he missed . Our next couple of lives we shot zero. My partner just stuffed up our nice average of under 1 kill a life when we had to run through Elektro, kos city, she took out four. Idiots attacking us with hatchets and the like when she is fully geared. No idea.

110 hours five lives and i have three or four kills. 

• Like 2