Mdogg2005

For those complaining about development pace

Nothing to complain about the developing pace, but more updates on process would be nice. (Looks at announcements.)

Not just Twitter. I tried setting up a Twitter account just to follow the developers, but it just feels like a mess.

It could get rid of the unnecessary forum post's asking about updates.

Create one forum sub-category for development updates/progress. And like i stated about Twitter, the sub-category is just a mess of confusing posts.

(And stuff that has nothing to do with the game and Developing it.)

This I agree with.  I always discourage and despise when developers choose to use Twitter instead of their official forums to post updates.  I don't use twitter so I am missing out on pictures, videos, small update announcements and the like.

I agree with you there and hope that changes.

:(

"99..bugs...fixed one...

124..bugs...."

As a software [not game] developer, I can confirm this to be true.

Very many people say omg theres no guns, omg theres nothing to do. And in all honesty, it is an alpha. So many people say that it's a bad thing to say and that it's not an excuse, but it kind of is.. I get tired of new players whining too. :(

Aside from the alpha aspect. The way I see it the folks who say there is nothing to do are not part of the target audience of DayZ. They need structure and organization. They need scripted and clearly defined goals with pat on the back "ata boy you done good" achievements.  That's all well and good really. I for one appreciate them stopping by and supporting the project. 

I've never played an alpha that has gone so long without patchs. just sayin.

I've never played an alpha that has gone so long without patchs. just sayin.

6 days? Is that long?

If they spit out a patch, with decent content, once every other week, we cant ask for more mate.

I would rather they did this, then make small crappy patches every other day, seen to many games fail this way by now.

I also want to add, they seem to be doing it exactly the same way as they did Arma 3 :)

Experimental gets updates almost daily, and when they have been tested abit, they get pushed to stabile, once every 1-2 weeks.

Im having trouble seeing how this is a bad thing :)

EDIT:

Apology, its more then 6 days, last stabile branch update was 17th of January :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

6 days? Is that long?

If they spit out a patch, with decent content, once every other week, we cant ask for more mate.

I would rather they did this, then make small crappy patches every other day, seen to many games fail this way by now.

I also want to add, they seem to be doing it exactly the same way as they did Arma 3 :)

Experimental gets updates almost daily, and when they have been tested abit, they get pushed to stabile, once every 1-2 weeks.

Im having trouble seeing how this is a bad thing :)

EDIT:

Apology, its more then 6 days, last stabile branch update was 17th of January :)

This.  I can't understand why some people would want to see more frequent (than we're already getting) updates that will be more buggy and less tested rather than the pace we're going at now.  One patch every 2 weeks or so is incredible.  Anyone play Battlefield 4 lately?